"Your Season" Thread

SouthSwans

"Your Season" Thread

Well my season started two weeks ago for Eastern Willows in the ECA. Playing D grade synthetic for my first game of seniors I went out there looking to impress in the first one dayer of the year.

South's Profile
Specialty: Bowling Allrounder
Bat Type: Right Handed
Bowl Type: Right Arm Leg Spin

Career Stats
HS: 35* (EW U14s)
Best Figures: 7/20 (CGS 8Bs)

Season Stats
HS: N/A
Best Figures: N/A

The team batted well, and sitting at number 8 in the order I wasnt required, reaching 5/235 off our 40 overs. Then we bowled and my four over spell was tidy, a neat 0/11. Took a catch at point that was hit hard to my right hand, was pretty pleased with that. We ended up bowling out the visitors from Hawthorn for 93. A decent start to the year.

Re: "Your Season" Thread

Jolldo's Profile
Specialty: Batsman
Bowl Type: Right Arm Pies

Career Stats
HS: 87 (ECA Synthetic)
Best Figures: 4/5 (U/12's)

Season Stats
HS: 5

Played E-Grade Turf for Bulleen in the ECA this week. Opened the batting, stuck around for an hour and a half and made 5. :eek: Really rusty. Opening partnership was 23 runs off 18 overs. :eek: We lost by 40 runs. U/16's had a win, i was rostered off this week.

Second game of the season vs. North Balwyn and still with the Ds, overcast skies last Saturday led our skipper to put the opposition in. Our opening bowlers got on top early and one picked up a fifer. We ended up skittling them for 179 and I didnt get a bowl.

Not to worry, we needed 4.5 an over from the start and started poorly with a wicket first ball of the innings and we were 3/10 just 6 overs into the game. I needed to then pad up because I was batting at six, but luckily the next pair steadied to leave me time to prepare. We were 3/98 when the next wicket fell, but 24 overs had been eaten up so I needed to score fast.

My first ball was a very shaky edge to first slip that hit the ground on the way, but I settled during the next couple of balls with some solid forward defence. The next over after coming on strike I slashed a four through point and was starting to feel comfortable.

Hit a single to take me to the other end and then a new bowler came on. First ball I hit one to deepish mid on but didnt want to take on his arm, then he bowled one outside off which I played probably the best shot of my career on, and I rocketed it to the covers, yet it was all to no avail though as the silly point fieldsman amazingly had me caught as it stuck like glue to his right mit.

OUT! - 5 (7)
Caught at silly point

Very disappointed to get out to such a great shot but that often happens. We ended up collapsing for 111 which wasnt great after we had bowled pretty well. Anyway our next game is in Auburn next week as we take on Hawthorn.

Season Stats
HS: 5 (D grade)
Best Figures: 0/11 (D grade)

Career Stats
Best Figures: 7/20 (CGS 8Bs)

Ljp86's Profile

Specialty: Bowler
Bowl Type: Right Medium Fast

Career Stats

Matches: 79
Innings: 54
Not Out: 22
Runs: 240
50's: -
100's: -
Ducks: 8
Average: 7.50
HS: 18* (40* in juniors)

Wickets: 100
Overs: 550.2
5WI: 2
Average: 18.81
Strike Rate: 33.02
Best Bowling (innings): 8/42
Best Bowling (Match): 9/43

Catches: 19
Run-Outs: 3

Season Stats

Well, there's my senior career stats. Won't be playing for another few weeks because of uni. Will most likely be playing in our third XI when I return, maybe even seconds if I can impress early on.

Mickeybee's Profile

Specialty: Keeper/Batsman
Bowl Type: Right handed below par pies

Career Stats

Matches: 34
Innings: 44
Not Out: 2
Runs: 719
50's: 4
100's: 0
Ducks: 7
Average: 17.12
HS: 81

Wickets: 0
Overs: 0
5WI: 0
Average: -
Strike Rate: -
Best Bowling (innings): -
Best Bowling (Match): - Got 5-12 in under 12's. Haven't bowled much since then

Catches: 50/15
Run-Outs: 5

Season Stats

HS: 7

I play VTCA 1's.. We got beaten fairly comprehensivly by Keilor, i made 7, including a 6 over fine leg, but got caught off my glove down leg side, ************** of a way to go out..

A grade umpire here.

plenty of cricket to be umpiring this season :)

I had a good bat today, batted for 60 someting overs. Made 84. Shared in a 182 run partnership for the 3rd wicket. We got 384 off 73 overs.

Very very good day. :D :D

Played C-grade syntho vs. Boorondara for a 2 dayer, put in to bowl first in fecking hot weather. The opposition made 5/357 declared off 49 overs. Yep, we got utterly raped. We are currently at 2/94 at stumps off 21 overs with me in next to bat. Got 0/16 off 12 overs for a decent eco rate without luck, had two catches dropped off me, one went for four and the other was dropped by the keeper. Pretty poor day at the office for the team but at least we have the full 80 overs next week to chase the remaining 264 runs.

Season Stats
HS: 5 (D grade)
Best Figures: 0/11 (D grade)

Career Stats
Best Figures: 7/20 (CGS 8Bs)[/quote]

i got 7 today in u16's. We won by 30 odd runs.

Seniors Stats:
Runs: 89
Average: 44.5
50's: 1
HS: 84
Wickets: -

U/16's Stats:
Runs: 7
Average: 7
50's: 0
HS: 7
Wickets: -

Career Stats:
50's: 4 (2 seniors, 2 juniors)
HS: 87 (Seniors)
Best Figures: 4/5 (U/12's)

won the u/16's by 57 runs. I made 18 before being given run out when the keeper removed the bails with his gloves. I bowled 1 over and took 2/3.

U/16's Stats:
Runs: 25
Average: 12.5
50's: 0
HS: 18
Wickets: 2
Average: 1.5
Best Figures: 2/3 (1 over)

jimmy;185573 said:
played on the weekend made me high score, 97* was great innings
Gee unlucky not to get the 100. Where was that you were playing. League and club.. how has the rest of the year been going

In U/16's we bowled the opposition out for 90 off 41.1 overs.

Seniors got washed out!!!!! Our game got moved to Sunday because the 1st got moved to our ground because their ground was deemed unplayable by the council.

U16's had another win, we're 4-0. I didn't bat or bowl. For school i made 4 and today i played 2nd's and made a good 6 before i hit one into my foot and it rolled onto the stumps.

Great Weekend for me:

Under 16's we bowled the opposition out for 86 and we're 0/6 off 2 overs. I am on 0 not out. Then Saturday Morning playing school cricket i made 84 not out including 14 4's and 3 6's. We made 246 and bowled them out for 59.

Then the big one for Seniors on Saturday Afternoon. I opened the batting and made 104 not out. We declared at 2/272 when i got to my hundred. We put on 257 runs for the third wicket after being 2/15. Then we bowled and they are 2/87.

Ljp86;184924 said:
Ljp86's Profile

Specialty: Bowler
Bowl Type: Right Medium Fast

Career Stats

Matches: 79
Innings: 54
Not Out: 22
Runs: 240
50's: -
100's: -
Ducks: 8
Average: 7.50
HS: 18* (40* in juniors)

Wickets: 100
Overs: 550.2
5WI: 2
Average: 18.81
Strike Rate: 33.02
Best Bowling (innings): 8/42
Best Bowling (Match): 9/43

Catches: 19
Run-Outs: 3

Season Stats

Well, there's my senior career stats. Won't be playing for another few weeks because of uni. Will most likely be playing in our third XI when I return, maybe even seconds if I can impress early on.

Who is this for and in which comp mate?

Jolldo87;191169 said:
Great Weekend for me:

Under 16's we bowled the opposition out for 86 and we're 0/6 off 2 overs. I am on 0 not out. Then Saturday Morning playing school cricket i made 84 not out including 14 4's and 3 6's. We made 246 and bowled them out for 59.

Then the big one for Seniors on Saturday Afternoon. I opened the batting and made 104 not out. We declared at 2/272 when i got to my hundred. We put on 257 runs for the third wicket after being 2/15. Then we bowled and they are 2/87.

bloody hell, some gun. Which club are u playing for in both juniors and seniors?

Back