2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Wow! Very surprised that he'd leave a club that appeared to be very good to him, and we're very stiff to not play off in the Grand final.

I guess money talks. But good for Research to have some positives after recent times.

Wow! Very surprised that he'd leave a club that appeared to be very good to him, and we're very stiff to not play off in the Grand final.

I guess money talks. But good for Research to have some positives after recent times.

I'm not totally across it but think that the opportunity to captain and have a coaching role of sorts were what he was after.

Hopefully nobody gets too upset about the move, as we've seen recently, far more important things in life than worrying about where a bloke decides to play cricket...

Well done Research good get but reacon the lack of showers up there might of got the Pom over the line

Good get Stu, after a couple of testing weeks. Moving to take on the role of captain is a non-issue for mine. I might of missed it but who is your coach this year?

Good get Stu, after a couple of testing weeks. Moving to take on the role of captain is a non-issue for mine. I might of missed it but who is your coach this year?
The coach was in the process of being sorted. Hopefully an announcement by end of this week. A couple of other recruits as well.

Congrats on the appointment. He obviously really wanted to captain a side over here and saw an opportunity . Will be a great acquisition.
Wonder the thoughts from a Bundoora perspective given that he had already signed with them ( apparently )

Congrats on the appointment. He obviously really wanted to captain a side over here and saw an opportunity . Will be a great acquisition.
Wonder the thoughts from a Bundoora perspective given that he had already signed with them ( apparently )

Despite the username, i'm not a spokesman for the club (ex prez rules with an iron fist) but can say talking to the guys who handle our recruiting, it was never at a stage where anything was agreed to. He let Stu Adams know about 2 weeks ago that we weren't one of the clubs he was still considering.

No problems from our end.

Fancy something on this site not being true :eek:

Despite the username, i'm not a spokesman for the club (ex prez rules with an iron fist) but can say talking to the guys who handle our recruiting, it was never at a stage where anything was agreed to. He let Stu Adams know about 2 weeks ago that we weren't one of the clubs he was still considering.

No problems from our end.

Fancy something on this site not being true :eek:

What!! everything is true!! my source told me Bundoora made a big play, so I assume Research spares no expense on this one.

Im assuming that there will be no personal sledging re sending a letter offering yourself to the highest bidder, talking to all clubs then choosing one, all the while shafting your original club, the dvca has no place for that

Goodluck Freddie, i mean Tom

What!! everything is true!! my source told me Bundoora made a big play, so I assume Research spares no expense on this one.

Im assuming that there will be no personal sledging re sending a letter offering yourself to the highest bidder, talking to all clubs then choosing one, all the while shafting your original club, the dvca has no place for that

In fairness mate he's an import and he is entitled to seek the best deal he can get (be it for $$$ or personal development). When you get a professional to your club, if he performs poorly you'll piss him off and if he performs very well he'll catch the eye of other clubs, pushing up his market value. In a perfect world, they play a few years getting paid, fall in love with the club and end up staying for unders (but this is a minority case).

In my experience, its not a great idea sledging cricketers much better than yourself, which will rule out most of his opposition.

Perhaps next time your source will do better than tell someone with loose lips what his clubs up to recruiting wise. My club would never have known about Tom, if we hadn't seen it on here, from yourself Snowy. That aside and through tragic circumstances, we were able to provide the opportunity he was looking for. And he is someone that Ben Cookson implored us to pursue.

Perhaps next time your source will do better than tell someone with loose lips what his clubs up to recruiting wise. My club would never have known about Tom, if we hadn't seen it on here, from yourself Snowy. That aside and through tragic circumstances, we were able to provide the opportunity he was looking for. And he is someone that Ben Cookson implored us to pursue.
Not sure whats funnier..that you think im snowy or you recruited via big cricket.
keep patching up that tattered old ship and watch the recruits jump off in 2 years..consistent theme at rcc...oh yeah pls dont overuse the sympathy aspect

Not sure whats funnier..that you think im snowy or you recruited via big cricket.
keep patching up that tattered old ship and watch the recruits jump off in 2 years..consistent theme at rcc...oh yeah pls dont overuse the sympathy aspect
Show some class mate.

I think Research will be competitive this season. Malone, Turner and Burton all capable of contributing with bat and ball. They just need some strong role players around these guys.

Completely disgraceful post. Whilst not outside of the rules, pull your head in. Show some respect to all people involved.

Whoa settle down...i, as im sure all of you have shown respect in different ways...my opinion is we do not need to overuse some things...they have a new recruit does it need to linked???.thats all dont read too much into it

Couldn't of been Snowy I seen him on the news last night rioting,no computer rights in there!

Whoa settle down...i, as im sure all of you have shown respect in different ways...my opinion is we do not need to overuse some things...they have a new recruit does it need to linked???.thats all dont read too much into it
Your the one who thinks it's linked. I'm telling facts. As per usual, you decided to over step the line for your own gratification. For everyone else, our coach has been appointed, but won't be announced until end of next week. A few meetings to transpire prior to that.

I'm sure that the 3 Wise men at McLeod will have something to say about this move. Should cop more than his fair share of banter when they meet up again, and rightfully so.

You can't engage in buying players then complain or criticize them when they take a better offer from another club. It's no longer a matter of loyalty, it's business and you can never, ever buy loyalty. If I was good enough I'd be out there selling myself to clubs for cash too, it wouldn't even be the first hobby I make money out of, but sadly I barely know which end of the bat to hold!

Back