2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Again with the big signings at Bundoora...??? Hope all these players turn up... (hope someone actually tells the prez who we have signed too) :thumbsd:

A few potential father sons have arrived in the last few weeks... but might not see them on the senior park for 15 years or so...

Hope they turn up?? Aren't you heading to the airport with the minibus to pick them all up??

lol,
Hope they turn up?? Aren't you heading to the airport with the minibus to pick them all up??

lol, no imports this year amongst the recruits.
Only possible one from UK, which apparently if you listen to these rumours we have also signed, and if that comes true then yes i will likely be his chauffer.:D

Research,plenty,old paradians and bund utd very quiet,can Brutal plenty power or wand unity update otherwise I'm going to have to make up some b*****it rumours about them.

Probably the track you boys are going to have to go down flack seeing as you have lost half your A grade side

Not sure if it is half the side, but yes, we have had a few players leave, for the right reasons. Both of our opening bats, one of whom was keeper are away for a year or so, and our quick (?) from Boro is injured and out for the season.

We have looked locally and found a couple of players that have come to us, have had a couple of ex players come back, again, for the right reasons, and are also looking for a couple of the younger players in the 2's to put their hand up and step in to the vacant roles.

If we need to go to the airport to pick up a player, it will be done in a Mini and not a Minibus.

Research,plenty,old paradians and bund utd very quiet,can Brutal plenty power or wand unity update otherwise I'm going to have to make up some b*****it rumours about them.

Hey Frank, you related to Daniel?

I want to hear some rumours, so just start them regardless..................

Hey Frank, you related to Daniel?

I want to hear some rumours, so just start them regardless..................
Daniel was a good friend of mine and a great cricketer.
Lwr eltham has gone down the track of appointing a certain type of captain,say no more.
Epping may have an old timer back this year
My predictions are
Creek
Riverside
Epping
Macleod

Research or bund unit to finish last

Daniel was a good friend of mine and a great cricketer.
Lwr eltham has gone down the track of appointing a certain type of captain,say no more.
Epping may have an old timer back this year
My predictions are
Creek
Riverside
Epping
Macleod

Research or bund unit to finish last
And your problem with the Lower Eltham captain?

R.I.P Ben Cookson. After a 18 month battle, Research Eltham Collegians Cricket Club captain coach and mate, Ben Cookson passed away at 1.21am early Saturday morning. Ben faced his challenge for life head on and did his utmost to find away through, but sadly as is often the case the battle, no matter how hardly fought, couldn't be won. Bens courage through adversity off the field went to another level with his courage to compete on the field. In speaking to his nurse, she was in awe at how he could set foot on field and not only participate, but compete. For the best part it took a lot out of him to play, but it was something he wanted to do and I'm sure helped him tune out from the week to week battle of chemo treatments that would leave with little energy to get out of bed, let alone play 5 hours of cricket. Ben was immensely appreciative of the support he received from not only his club mates past and present but the wider DVCA cricket community and beyond. As someone who has known Ben for 15 plus years as his coach in under 16's, friends since primary school with my nephew and best mate Ryan, through to being his team manager and scorer for the past 2 years. Its been an absolute honour to assist him, be inspired by him and witness his courage through his darkest hours. Deepest sympathies to Bens mum and dad ( Shane and Jo ) and his brothers Marcus and Daniel, whom have endured plenty but stood side by side with Ben and given him all the love and support any one could ask from family. R.I.P Cookie.

Very sad news this morning. Inspirational and a ripper fella. Thoughts are with RECCC and the DVCA community as a whole

Admin please remove if you feel inappropriate

Not at all.

Absolutely awful news. No one that age should have to endure, let alone lose a battle like that. The fact he was able to get up for games whilst battling what he was going through is nothing short of incredible and a testament to his strength and character.

Condolences to his family, friends and the Research Cricket Club.

RIP Ben

Was by no means close to Ben but he was an inspiration from afar. Made 65* out of 130 against us back in November when to be honest, he didnt have much strength to get it off the square.

No doubt that knock was a demonstration of the way he wouldve fought till the end.

Puts cricket into perspective. Condolences to the family and everyone at Research.

Back