2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Naturally I think people would say "there can't be a problem with 4 clubs in 5 years"...its actually nowhere near that amount, but anyway... guys leave for a myriad of reasons. Opportunity, coin, mates, location to home and yep, differing opinions and/or dislikes of others. Different things drive different guys. I wouldn't say there's one driving factor in moving clubs either- probably a mix of things in most cases.
Well said simon too often the individual seems to be at fault when he leaves a club but u shud ask ur self maybe it's a reflection of the club when someone wants to leave there....
P11 of the main paper suggests he has a bit on his plate at the moment.

I don't post like this often.....

Can we please be very mindful and respectful to all concerned in regards to any comments you make about serious matters going through the courts. Regardless of your opinions on particular people, may I suggest we allow them the ability to defend themselves through court and not having to defend themselves on social media at the same time. But to also be respectful to the other side of the reported/alleged incident.

After all, this is a cricket website and not a public court to suggest someone is guilty or not guilty.

Cheers.

Naturally I think people would say "there can't be a problem with 4 clubs in 5 years"...its actually nowhere near that amount, but anyway... guys leave for a myriad of reasons. Opportunity, coin, mates, location to home and yep, differing opinions and/or dislikes of others. Different things drive different guys. I wouldn't say there's one driving factor in moving clubs either- probably a mix of things in most cases.
Just wondering the reasons for you leaving Simon seeing that they will win there first flag in about 25 years and that they need batsman??

Just wondering the reasons for you leaving Simon seeing that they will win there first flag in about 25 years and that they need batsman??
I'm sure you're not a Riverside man, because I'd be surprised if they had already started clearing room in the trophy cabinet.

Nobody is a monty. If a side scores 110+ against them in a Semi or GF it will be game on. They had four guys score 200+ runs last season and, based on what has been posted here, two of them have left.

Yeah, they'll have a very good bowling attack next season, but there have been very accomplished cricketers play in this comp before, and they don't go around averaging 5 with the pill. Can't see why it will be different this season.

I'm interested to see if sides like DC and Macleod have added to their lists. Will Rogneda play at Northcote again this season etc?

I'm sure you're not a Riverside man, because I'd be surprised if they had already started clearing room in the trophy cabinet.

Nobody is a monty. If a side scores 110+ against them in a Semi or GF it will be game on. They had four guys score 200+ runs last season and, based on what has been posted here, two of them have left.

Yeah, they'll have a very good bowling attack next season, but there have been very accomplished cricketers play in this comp before, and they don't go around averaging 5 with the pill. Can't see why it will be different this season.

I'm interested to see if sides like DC and Macleod have added to their lists. Will Rogneda play at Northcote again this season etc?

Don't kid yourself they have it in the bag,they won't average 5 but all 3 will be under 15. Bowlers win flags not batsman. Will there pie thrower get a game? Also hearing Bundoora will have some big announcements soon stay tuned

Baker is leaving, who is the other that I've missed? Smale, Doyle or O'connor?
I got the impression from posts on here, that O'Connor would move on. Could be off the mark will wait and see.

Don't kid yourself they have it in the bag,they won't average 5 but all 3 will be under 15. Bowlers win flags not batsman. Will there pie thrower get a game? Also hearing Bundoora will have some big announcements soon stay tuned

I should hope they'd average under 15, as their top three wicket takers this season all averaged under 14! Lets just hope they can average over 15 with the bat!

Your right I'm not from riverside and pretty sure their not cleaning out their trophy cabinet as they don't have trophies of any significance.[/QUOTE]

Again with the big signings at Bundoora...??? Hope all these players turn up... (hope someone actually tells the prez who we have signed too) :thumbsd:

A few potential father sons have arrived in the last few weeks... but might not see them on the senior park for 15 years or so...

Back