Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

I think it's a sadder world when a so called mate pots a so called mate on social media because he's not happy with how things went down. He has kept you blokes in Barclay singlehandedly for the past 7-8 years. Played at the club for 15 years and this is the thanks he gets! Pretty ordinary in my opinion. I know if I was a so called mate, regardless of what happened I wouldn't sell out on him just because he wants a change.
BANG! Nailed it.

Have to agree with past few posts, a guy thats given such great service to a club deserves better treatment now he has moved on.
Am curious how you think Eltham are the big loser here when all they have done is entice a proven, gun player to their club.
If we were to use the same rationale then for enticing so many gun players to their club it must make Riverside the biggest loser :)

Not sure if this is right thread to post this but interesting to see fixtures finally out.
Seems no finals for Money and Mash Shields, guess not needed in this you beaut new structure.

BANG! Nailed it.

And GT may actually find a greener pasture down at Eltham and never return. There is no guarantee that he will ever go back to Research and banging on like he owes Research CC something on this forum will certainly not help I would reckon..

On a more positive note, seems we have picked up a former England Under 19 player for the coming season. Mid order bat and left arm off spinner.
Hopefully he takes us that 1 step further

And GT may actually find a greener pasture down at Eltham and never return. There is no guarantee that he will ever go back to Research and banging on like he owes Research CC something on this forum will certainly not help I would reckon..

On a more positive note, seems we have picked up a former England Under 19 player for the coming season. Mid order bat and left arm off spinner.
Hopefully he takes us that 1 step further

Phil Tufnell??

Yep it's a sad world when a bloke who spends 15 years at a place doesn't have the confidence to have an honest discussion.

I would call that far from potting, all he said he was disappointed in him leaving, which he has every reason to be.... GT is not a god. Gosh talk about overreaction.

I would call that far from potting, all he said he was disappointed in him leaving, which he has every reason to be.... GT is not a god. Gosh talk about overreaction.
Can't see anywhere in that post where it says he is disappointed he is leaving! It does however discuss how a mate can't have honest discussion and then goes on to say how much he is getting paid and how much his clubs now saving. Forgive me if the the rules of mateship have change but I would of thought discussing how much a friend is being paid on a forum such as social media is a pretty ordinary thing to do and is not something a mate would do!

Ex DVCA players Phil Deveny, Micky Peters, Dayne Smith are amongst a huge list on inclusions at Plenty Valley this year. A monster has been created and is rearing it's drawpower.

Yep it's a sad world when a bloke who spends 15 years at a place doesn't have the confidence to have an honest discussion. But you know what.....in the end I think Eltham are going to be the big loser. Signing a bloke for 16k on a one year deal is pretty irresponsible. They're damned if they get promoted and dammed if they don't. For us we have a couple of ins at no cost, 13k we are saving in PP's, the green light isn't far away on our pavilion extensions giving us 2 extra change rooms and much bigger social set up, we are adding an extra senior side, juniors are booming, we get the best view of the game in the valley and great sunsets to have a beer to every Thurs, Sat evening.:):thumbsu:

Hahahahahaha you make it sound like your in the box seat to get him back? He's at Eltham now and I'd much rather be in Elthams shoes than Research's. A lot easier to keep a player than to recruit one. Well unless you're research. He's gone and not coming back. Get used to it. For what it's worth I don't care that he's at Eltham. I'm just happy that research lost there golden boy.

Can't see anywhere in that post where it says he is disappointed he is leaving! It does however discuss how a mate can't have honest discussion and then goes on to say how much he is getting paid and how much his clubs now saving. Forgive me if the the rules of mateship have change but I would of thought discussing how much a friend is being paid on a forum such as social media is a pretty ordinary thing to do and is not something a mate would do!

Spot on.

What,jealous of making finals and doing nothing?? If your captain wasn't so selfish you might of won one by now.
Are you suggesting that Macleod should have won a Barclay flag , but haven't because of Tim ? Think his record speaks for itself. What have you done flog ?

By the way, I noticed your location in your profile. Where exactly is Dorreen ? That must be next to Murnda yeah ? Educated person I see.......

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that Macleod should have won a Barclay flag , but haven't because of Tim ? Think his record speaks for itself. What have you done flog ?

By the way, I noticed your location in your profile. Where exactly is Dorreen ? That must be next to Murnda yeah ? Educated person I see.......

stalking the posters, that helps your argument...seems a few people have the same opinion of the goings on down at Macleod United, where the WAGS rule

Back