Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

With the Fixture due out any day now, it will be very interesting to see what clubs will be drawn to to play each other twice and which clubs will be drawn to play the so called easy beats twice.....

Some clubs are going to be at a huge advantage before the season has already started it seems...

With the Fixture due out any day now, it will be very interesting to see what clubs will be drawn to to play each other twice and which clubs will be drawn to play the so called easy beats twice.....

Some clubs are going to be at a huge advantage before the season has already started it seems...

Pretty easy to work out really.

If you think about it for a few seconds, we all know which teams will have what's considered an easy draw and who will have what's considered a tougher draw in both top grades.

What's the plan moving forward in regards to team numbers in each grade? Are we looking to make it more workable or are we stuck like this?

Anyone got anything more on player movements? How's the Glenn Turner move going?

Going to be pretty tough in both top comps this year.

Can Riverside finally buy themselves a flag, or will Creek bowl themselves to victory all year again? Macleod would be sniffing around too.

In Money, it is going to be red hot. There'd be 6/7 teams all thinking they should play finals.

I'm looking forward to it, going to be a ripper season.

Pretty easy to work out really.

If you think about it for a few seconds, we all know which teams will have what's considered an easy draw and who will have what's considered a tougher draw in both top grades.

What's the plan moving forward in regards to team numbers in each grade? Are we looking to make it more workable or are we stuck like this?

Anyone got anything more on player movements? How's the Glenn Turner move going?
If that's the case then CB, give me your opinion on who in Barclay and Money will get a good draw and who will get a tough draw?

Going to be pretty tough in both top comps this year.

Can Riverside finally buy themselves a flag, or will Creek bowl themselves to victory all year again? Macleod would be sniffing around too.

Creek to bowl themselves to victory again, no doubt about it. Batting is (aside from a few people) pretty much a dead art in this competition. How many times did teams actually bat out their 80 last year, or even get over the 70th? Even if they did, how many managed a run rate higher than 2? Seriously why don't we just play all 1 dayers, reduce it to 50 overs a side and at least you might get a few blokes playing some shots! If you're going to set a target of 130 you might as well do it in 45 rather than the snooze fest of 75!

To the best of my knowledge Glen informed the club last Wednesday that he had signed with Eltham for 'one' season. My feeling is that the one season deal is to avoid the chance of playing against RECCC in the future. The way this has played out has been fairly disappointing and Glen has admitted he probably hasn't gone about it in the right way, but we move on and he knows that he's always welcome on the hill whenever he chooses to venture back.

I told you this a very long time ago. He played your club and made you look like a fool. Insert apology here:

I'm hearing Thongs might be taking a few DVCA cricketers with him to his new club. Don't think Eltham are too happy about it from what I'm heard at the footy on the weekend.

Creek to bowl themselves to victory again, no doubt about it. Batting is (aside from a few people) pretty much a dead art in this competition. How many times did teams actually bat out their 80 last year, or even get over the 70th? Even if they did, how many managed a run rate higher than 2? Seriously why don't we just play all 1 dayers, reduce it to 50 overs a side and at least you might get a few blokes playing some shots! If you're going to set a target of 130 you might as well do it in 45 rather than the snooze fest of 75!

Once the all weather pitches are eradicated, we should see the scores start returning to something that resembles proper cricket.

It will take time to adjust, but it will happen.

In 30 years time we will all look back on the all weather era as the biggest black mark in the history of DVCA cricket.

To the best of my knowledge Glen informed the club last Wednesday that he had signed with Eltham for 'one' season. My feeling is that the one season deal is to avoid the chance of playing against RECCC in the future. The way this has played out has been fairly disappointing and Glen has admitted he probably hasn't gone about it in the right way, but we move on and he knows that he's always welcome on the hill whenever he chooses to venture back.

Thanks for the response mate. What have you guys got lined up replacement wise?

Alleyne playing this year?

Can anyone shed some light on Michael Butera? Our current coach, haven't been to training, probably wont. Heard a lot of bad things. Can anyone from Greensborough shed some light on the type of guy he is?

Back