1st Test: Pakistan vs West Indies at Lahore

Re: 1st Test: Pakistan vs West Indies at Lahore

Oh no!
Bravo out now, and I was just going to post about how well he and Lara were doing out there.

Bravo out for 32

West Indies 96-5

Half of the side is gone already, and we've still got 30 minutes before lunch.
Not good.

Ramdin with a foolish sweep and he's out on the final ball before lunch! Terrible.

Lara is going to be a little mad back with the team for the next 40 minutes. Gayle was unlucky to be out, Sarwan and Chanderpaul fell to some darn good bowling, but a few of these guys have just wasted thier chance in the middle.

West Indies 122/6 after 32, and I think it's safe to say that they'll be very lucky to still be batting by tea. After lunch, Lara is going to be batting out there with Dave Mohammed and then the rest of the bowlers.

Suffice it to say, Pakistan have dominated the opening session of the first day of the first test. Shahid Nazir led the way, but Danish Kaneria picked up 2 wickets there towards the end.

Lara out for 61.

West Indies 175-7 after 45 overs.

It was a nice partnership between Lara and Mohammed, but now that it's over, I'm afraid that the West Indies won't last much longer. Hopefully their tail will surprise me and threaten to reach 250.

Mohammed gone for 35. A good showing from him, and a good partnership with Lara. I'm impressed. He helped them at least make their way to 200.

203-9, Pakistan about to wrap this first innings up

West Indies could reach no further than 206.

Pakistan has started their innings, and Taylor has struck early. Great ball and he just nailed Imran Farhat lbw. Farhat is gone for 9.

Pakistan is 16-1 after 6 overs.

39-1, and light stops play

Frankly, it's looked pretty dreary out there all day long. I don't know how they played this long.

Is the pitch a minefield or did the Pakistan team just bowl exceptionally well?

Guru™;112948 said:
Is the pitch a minefield or did the Pakistan team just bowl exceptionally well?
I'd say it was a mixture of some great bowling from Shahid Nazir, some decent bowling from Umar Gul, a bad decision against Gayle, and some poor shots from a few of the Windies batsmen.

Had things gone better for them, I'm pretty confident the Windies could've reached 300.

Younis Khan out early on the second day.
Pakistan 45-2.

Pretty good first few overs today from Edwards and Collymore.

91/2 (Mohammad Hafeez 41*,Mohammad Yousuf 19*,32 overs) Drinks

Pakistan 91-2 after 32 overs at drinks.

You know, I like to see players like Hafeez perform well. This is only his fifth test, but he's making a very strong statement for himself as opening batsman.

Mohammad Hafeez and Mohammad Yousuf is building a nice partertener ship

West Indies has not been good at test cricket lately! It's disappointing. Really bad batting from the West Indies. Nice to see Dave Mohammed get runs. Ramdin really batted HORRIBLE!!!! We always try to defend him and say that the selectors should not pick Baugh when they are supposed to be training Ramdin for the future wicket-keeper of the West Indies. However, we really can't complain if they drop him....I mean he really batted silly. He got out the last ball before lunch. He lofted the ball and then got caught! What was in his mind while he played that shot?????!!!!!!! People usually try to preserve their wicket before breaks and not be too flamboyant but he did just the opposite! His error CANNOT be excused... Anyway good bowling from the Pakistanis especially Gul. It was nice that Lara made some runs but he innings was a bit scratchy. NOT classy one bit! Anyway I can't complain too much because I would not like to see that score card without his 61.

Taylor with a good ball to finally get Hafeez out lbw for 57.

Dave Mohammed comes in and bowls Inzi for a duck just a few balls later.

Things are looking a little brighter for the West Indies at the moment.

Lunch break

141-4, Pakistan trail by 65

West Indies bowlers have looked pretty good out there, but Hafeez and Yousuf were playing very smart. It took a really good ball from Taylor to break them up.

Another good partnership brewing here, this time its Yousuf and Shoaib Malik.

191-4 after 67 overs, Yousuf is up to 75.

Pakistan only trail by 15, and should be on their way to building a nice first innings lead.

Pakistan have batted themselves into a pretty strong position. They reached 4/265 at stumps on Day 2, a lead of 59 runs on first innings.

Yousuf managed to reach his century with Shoaib Malik giving him great support with an unbeaten 61. Current partnership is 125 runs.

A pretty good all-round effort so far from Pakistan, the recent turmoil within the playing group hasn't affected their performance in this test at all.

Great bowling from Jerome Taylor!

He got both Shoaib Malik and Razzaq in the first half hour today.

Pakistan 285-6

Taylor strikes early as Malik falls

Taylor strikes again, picks up the second wicket of the morning,Razzak gone..

Back