2009 Season Targets:

Stumped

2009 Season Targets:

were about to kick of our season here in the UK, and i was filling out a form one of our coaches gave me for Targets.

One of the questions was what is your target for this year!

obvioulsy this applies to batting only but some one can post one in the bowling section as well!

My personal Target is to Hit 500 League Runs over the season

With the addition of Sunday and mid week games i would love to hit 1000 runs in total (although slightly more unrealistic)

I bat at 6, and unfortunately have a ridiculously good line up from 1-5. last season i averaged 24 over 16 league games so i dont think 500 is too much to ask.

Re: 2009 Season Targets:

At the moment my target is to hit 250 league runs and score a couple of 50's. Won't be easy as I'm not a batsman but I scored about 160/170 last year so I know I'm capable of it.

I have an added incentive as I won't be able to bowl properly, so I need to contribute more with the bat.

Good objectives.

I got 32 wickets this year and 150 runs.

Im hoping to get 250 runs and 25+ wickets in the next season, and scoring a couple 50's along the way.

i want a double ton, i think i could get one in a low grade and on a small ground, my running between wkts would have to improve around 90% though, i dont care much for bowling anymore but im capable of the odd wkt if givin a chance, maybe completing a catch should be on my wish list as well.

Stumped;342914 said:
dare i ask if you have ever scored a single ton? lol
i only played outdoor cricket until i was 16 and i was allways 2/3 years to young for my age group (lowest age group was u 14s) so i was playing in that age group when i was 9, then i gave up for a couple of years and returned when i was around 11 and was the teams wicket keeper for a season, in that same year played and batted at no3 for my primary school and we made it to the state grand final only to lose that royally, then i quit again for a few years and returned when i was 16 and i played 1 u16s game and made 44, then you guessed it i gave up again but this time for around 20 years (but played A grade indoor for around 5 of those years), i played 2 games with breeno this year, 1st game i didnt bat and the second game i made 78 without any training what so ever (and severly hungover), so no i havnt made a hundred yet but with minimal training in a simalar grade to that i think i could do it. considering in that 78 i was hitting 3s and taking 1 so i should have made a hundred easily, i do mainly deal in 4s and 6s though, alls i need is a little fitness and ill be distributing pain in F grade for quite a few years hopefully. my weapon..GN giant viper 3"2 lol

funny your last post said you had never scored one! so it seems neither do you!

:)

a Hundred is on my list, but realistically not in the league this year!

as I really don't know how many games i'll get this season as work is up in the air atm its a bit hard to set targets but i'd like
bowling: try and take 30 wickets hopefully and would like to try and average 2 wickets a gme though that maybe asking too much

batting: i'd love to try and average double figures but I know that won't happen so first is beat my previous best of 12(in a competetive game) and hopefully pass 20 at least once.

fielding: catch more than I drop of course :p

I got 54 wickets last season overall ( 2s, 3s, under17s and under15s) so my target is get 50 wickets, due to not playing under 15s i'll lose a few simple wickets. I also want to beat my 24 wickets for the 2nd team that i got last year. In a perfect world i'd also like to get my bowling average and strike rate down for the seconds but a few retirements and im now the 2nd team strike bowler so i can see myself having to go for wickets over economy.

My high score is 24, again for the 2nds, but i've been alot better this season in the nets so i would like to get my average around 20, batting at 8 and 9 a few not outs will help, and i wouldnt mind edging a 50 for the 3rd team.

Stumped;342930 said:
funny your last post said you had never scored one! so it seems neither do you!

:)

a Hundred is on my list, but realistically not in the league this year!

the thing is that i know ill score a 100 this year, i will be playing in a shitty grade.;)

Then surely your target should be to play at a higher grade! :) (i dont know how your grading works, but you should have a "pathway" to better cricket by your club or school?)

Stumped;343091 said:
Then surely your target should be to play at a higher grade! :) (i dont know how your grading works, but you should have a "pathway" to better cricket by your club or school?)

He's 35, if anything he'll be moving down grades to allow youngsters through.

AGE should be no Barrier!

we have one chap who must be the wrong side of 60 and still gets regular 5 wicket hauls !

Stumped;343093 said:
AGE should be no Barrier!

we have one chap who must be the wrong side of 60 and still gets regular 5 wicket hauls !

Im just saying, for the betterment of his club he may be moving down grades, still looking to dominate though! :D

Interesting but all these targets are outcome orientated. As these can be affected by others, they are not really under your control and can be self defeating if you find yourselves mid season with no prospect of reaching your set targets due to outside factors. If these targets are set so low that you have no problem achieving them, regardless of others, they are not real targets.

You should be setting yourselves targets/goals that are process orientated. Performance profiling is an excellent way to make sure you set the right goals for improvement. They help you specify what needs to be done in order to improve elements of performance. These goals are excellent for you to take into each match as they remove any thought of the consequences of good or poor performances.

yeah i just see as more a social thing now, i did enjoy my two matches last season (i was just a fill in) but next year ill try and play a full year, i will probably only train every now and then because i have great difficulty in running due to a severe ankle injury years ago in my last indoor cricket match so i doubt ill be picked in anything other than a low grade, im capable with the bat especialy against low grade bowling so i dont think a double hundred is completly out of the question, but i will need luck.

I want to get 25 wickets this season. Managed 18 wickets at 24 last season, and I'm a far better bowler now than I was last season. Not sure about runs, was given very limited oppurtunities with the bat last year, sometimes batting as low as 11 =/ I could score some decent runs if given a chance, but it seems my club aren't willing to provide me that chance, and if I'm honest I am considering changing clubs at some point.

King Pietersen;343152 said:
I want to get 25 wickets this season. Managed 18 wickets at 24 last season, and I'm a far better bowler now than I was last season. Not sure about runs, was given very limited oppurtunities with the bat last year, sometimes batting as low as 11 =/ I could score some decent runs if given a chance, but it seems my club aren't willing to provide me that chance, and if I'm honest I am considering changing clubs at some point.

do you think your better than some of the people going in before you ?. it would also be a shame to waste that very nice bat of yours at no11.

Back