2009 Season Targets:

Re: 2009 Season Targets:

Moving away from personal aims and looking at the bigger picture, as captain the aim is to improve on what the team did last year.

This won't be hard as they failed to win a game and hardly scored any points (I wasn't involved last year, so the losing streak had nothing to do with me). As you can imagine my first goal is to actually win a game, then I'll worry about the rest of the season. I reckon that a mid table finish is possible, maybe slightly higher but it depends on a few factors, however, finishing bottom is not an option.

A secondary aim is to help push on about 5 or 6 junior players who have a lot of promise. Want to help them improve their cricket at all levels, not just skills but also the way they think and play the game.

Spot on Scott,
I am also in same position....
as this has exactly happened to me..our club lost almost all the matches this season and i lead a team of inexperienced players and even won those matches with handsome margin...that raised a few eyebrows...and i wanted to carry the same form for the next season handling the team and team's admin work... but with the "OLD" seniors not wanting to leave there place in the squad...so managing the side is not possible and because of this i cannot even groom young players as well since we have 3-4 players in waiting....even the club players are sick and tried of this whole scenario.....total mess right now..

This year I'm going for 60+ wickets (Wrist Spinner) and 300+ runs batting at 5. Should be quite hard, last year I was stuck at 58 wickets and 312 runs although I batted at 3 last year.

Well my season doesn't start till mid October.. Long way still. Time for the waiting game and good-luck to you other cricketers with your goals!

Virendersingh.berthwal;345792 said:
Congrats US on ur school match victory..
Good performance on ur fielding..
Did u had some bowling opportunities..
For which school and location are u playing..
All best for the Finals...

Thanks, I was offered a bowl several times, but i had to decline because I was very sick, still am in fact, when I got home and had a shower, I passed out and smashed my had against the wall and now my whole body is stuffed. But I am slowly recovering.

I play for Cavendish Road State High School in Brisbane.

i may have to readjust my batting target after last sundays game.....

i managed to get a golden duck!

my excuse is as follows!

The other batsmen at the crease told me the bowler was bowling very tight off stump line, no swing, no seem just consistent. and quote "he's right in your arc for the straight boundary" (if you dont know my style it involves despatching very straight bowlers back over their heads)

so first ball, they guy sends down a boomerang of an inswinging yorker which clips the base of leg stump! i wasnt best pleased. But hey Ho......

Leason learned not to listen to the batsmen whos already set and play each ball on its merits.......

I'm gonna be yo-yoing between 1sts and 2nds this year for my club so setting season-long targets could be pretty difficult. Basically I want to get at least one score of 20+ for the seconds and at least one 5-fer and I want to do a job for the 1sts with the ball more often than not, whether that means containing or taking a few wickets. I don't think I'll get much of a bat for the 1sts so I'm not too bothered about that. For the Sunday team, on the other hand, I'll be opening the batting and I'd like to have one innings of 30-50 depending how the season goes. Main aim overall is not to miss big chunks of the season through injury like last year.

batting score more than 28 not out (last season made 28 not out, 24 not out)
bowling average over 2 wickets a game (averaged 2 wickets a game)

this year im hoping, as captain, to get my team through loss-less. last season we lost 2 games in the 40 over a side games we play. we seem to have all the best players in the region in one team. we won by 250 runs in one game last year. we have lost a few players this year, so hopefully it will make it a little more competitive.
30+ wickets is my hope, 32 last year (averaging 3.5 every game) and i plan on expanding my batting this year as over the past 8 games i have moved from no.11 to no.6-7. i play no.5 in T20s though, seem to have a habit of hitting boundaries without meaning to. hoping to score above 64n.o. (that is my highest score, which i got 2 seasons ago. the closest i have gotten to it is 51 and a 40, otherwise the rest are somewhere between 1-10 (got a 38 ball duck last season!))

Boris;346250 said:
this year im hoping, as captain, to get my team through loss-less. last season we lost 2 games in the 40 over a side games we play. we seem to have all the best players in the region in one team. we won by 250 runs in one game last year. we have lost a few players this year, so hopefully it will make it a little more competitive.
30+ wickets is my hope, 32 last year (averaging 3.5 every game) and i plan on expanding my batting this year as over the past 8 games i have moved from no.11 to no.6-7. i play no.5 in T20s though, seem to have a habit of hitting boundaries without meaning to. hoping to score above 64n.o. (that is my highest score, which i got 2 seasons ago. the closest i have gotten to it is 51 and a 40, otherwise the rest are somewhere between 1-10 (got a 38 ball duck last season!))
All the best for your captaincy...u seems to have a good team so half of ur worries are taken of...i guess.

Virendersingh.berthwal;346487 said:
All the best for your captaincy...u seems to have a good team so half of ur worries are taken of...i guess.

thanks, yeah some of the workload is taken off when you have to other team chasing 250+ in 40 overs.

i had an unnaturally good season last year, and i hope it continues, although i doubt it. i had an average of 12, compared to the 5 of the season before, plus comparing 32 wickets to the 21 of the season before from the same amount of innings. i call it a lasting fluke, i'm not sure that it will continue...

i just found out too that i cant play half of the games, so i chose to hand over the captaincy to someone who will be there all games :( . we are also losing a few key players, including our no.3 batsman for state duties (he averaged 75 last season, so it would not be right if he didnt make it to the state team) and our opening pace bowler (31 wickets last season, i made sure he knew i beat him :p) to other commitments. they seemed to consistently hold the team together, for example our no.3 made 140 of the 180 runs for the team in one game where everyone collapsed. i hope we can be as dominant this year, i haven't known what it feels like to be the underdog for quite a while.

i forgot to mention my catching target, don't drop anything in slips, then catch more than i drop everywhere else. plus brag continuously to the rest of the team until they throw the ball at me when/if i take a good catch (we have great team dynamics :p)

My big season targets are:

Nail down a spot in the top 6 by making some solid scores, because I am shifted up and down the order a bit, depending on performance, so to make it to 6 and stay would be nice.

And take a few wickets, we only have about 10 games left i think, so 9-10 wickets would be nice, but the more the better

Back