2012/13 Barclay Shield

By the way, great to see old johnny bubis sticking it to those critics who thought he was past it and his team, without Duggan, would go straight back. And good to see plenty among the runs. Only facing the duds from new but 300 is still 300!!

You boys just fell short of your weekly target of 80 overs on the weekend Poys?

Or do you boys have a new target of 80 runs?
They fell short of that too! haha. In seriousness though, maybe once a season an innings like that happens. Better now than in the semi or the final (if they get there). More than four times as many runs as TU managed to peel off.

You boys just fell short of your weekly target of 80 overs on the weekend Poys?

Or do you boys have a new target of 80 runs?

Ordinarily I'd be the first to get involved in a Lower Eltham bashing for a bit of fun, but the fact that the comment came from a bloke who has left his Money Shield club in the lurch this season after talking it up all off-season doesnt sit well, maybe concentrate on keeping Eltham's 1st's out of C Grade instead of posting on the Barclay Shield forum Fangs??

Ordinarily I'd be the first to get involved in a Lower Eltham bashing for a bit of fun, but the fact that the comment came from a bloke who has left his Money Shield club in the lurch this season after talking it up all off-season doesnt sit well, maybe concentrate on keeping Eltham's 1st's out of C Grade instead of posting on the Barclay Shield forum Fangs??

at the risk of having my post edited, you may find a few people no longer post on here due to utensil editing their posts. he always wanted his own forum, and he may well get it.

at the risk of having my post edited, you may find a few people no longer post on here due to utensil editing their posts. he always wanted his own forum, and he may well get it.

There have been three posts edited on here due to either a) Complaints from people about specific issues. or b) People writing offensive language that got through the filter.

I still talk up my club 100%, and am backing them to finish off strongly and play finals. Nothing has changed. Not sure that I have cost them any games this year. How have I left my club in the lurch this year? As for it not sitting well with you, what part of me do you think gives two hoots as to what does and doesn't sit well with you?

So you haven't edited any just because you wanted to? To be "funny"? Tell the truth now.
There have been three posts edited on here due to either a) Complaints from people about specific issues. or b) People writing offensive language that got through the filter.

We have a few stinkers every now and then, we've bounced back pretty well in the past. Hopefully will once again.

They fell short of that too! haha. In seriousness though, maybe once a season an innings like that happens. Better now than in the semi or the final (if they get there). More than four times as many runs as TU managed to peel off.

We have a few stinkers every now and then, we've bounced back pretty well in the past. Hopefully will once again.

Bounced back pretty well? Haven't you now lost 2 in a row? Have the boys down at Lower got a bit complacent, thinking that it would be a walk in the park, and the wheels are starting to fall off? You'll drop to 4th after this game, and the pressure is mounting.

Yeah you know like losing the same round last year outright, I'm sure you know what happened after that?
Or being pantsed by Bundoora round 1 then winning five on the trot. I'd call both of those bouncing back pretty well from shockers ;)

What will be will be, hopefully we bounce back in a similar fashion to the above.

Bounced back pretty well? Haven't you now lost 2 in a row? Have the boys down at Lower got a bit complacent, thinking that it would be a walk in the park, and the wheels are starting to fall off? You'll drop to 4th after this game, and the pressure is mounting.

Back