2012/13 Barclay Shield

Yeah you know like losing the same round last year outright, I'm sure you know what happened after that?
Or being pantsed by Bundoora round 1 then winning five on the trot. I'd call both of those bouncing back pretty well from shockers ;)

What will be will be, hopefully we bounce back in a similar fashion to the above.

I can only go off recent history, and that is that you've lost two in a row in the business end of the season, and could now be sitting in a very dangerous spot of possibly missing finals if you happen to lose one or more of the easy run home that you have.

Harsh call on Macleod there. Confident enough in our group but if we miss out, we miss out. I'm sure it won't be from lack of effort from our lads.

I can only go off recent history, and that is that you've lost two in a row in the business end of the season, and could now be sitting in a very dangerous spot of possibly missing finals if you happen to lose one or more of the easy run home that you have.

Harsh call on Macleod there. Confident enough in our group but if we miss out, we miss out. I'm sure it won't be from lack of effort from our lads.

You have two games left, and play second and third last. The easiest run home of all teams. I had already locked MacLeod in for a win next week.

Not sure how someone 14 spots below on the ladder can say that a side has lost the plot for losing 2 games in a row when supported side has also lost 2 games in a row - to lesser opposition. Come back and chat to us Money sides Tongs, you'll be down here for a while.

Not sure how someone 14 spots below on the ladder can say that a side has lost the plot for losing 2 games in a row when supported side has also lost 2 games in a row - to lesser opposition. Come back and chat to us Money sides Tongs, you'll be down here for a while.

So there is a rule now that you're only able to comment on your grade/team is there? Not sure where I said that they have lost the plot? Just asking some questions of the reigning premiers who just got rolled for 60 odd.

Not sure that you should be making many comments. When you're a so called "captain" of a side and you're more interested in not playing and what food is on the table each week. How about you focus on turning your home ground into more than the shanty that it is?

So there is a rule now that you're only able to comment on your grade/team is there? Not sure where I said that they have lost the plot? Just asking some questions of the reigning premiers who just got rolled for 60 odd.

Not sure that you should be making many comments. When you're a so called "captain" of a side and you're more interested in not playing and what food is on the table each week. How about you focus on turning your home ground into more than the shanty that it is?

Ah Tongs, love it how you get all defensive and drag out the past. If I recall that day correctly you were seen munching on fish and chips while the rain continued to fall, not the bext preparation I would think.

All I did was state a fact that your club has also lost two games straight and now looking like not playing finals, again.

Ah Tongs, love it how you get all defensive and drag out the past. If I recall that day correctly you were seen munching on fish and chips while the rain continued to fall, not the bext preparation I would think.

All I did was state a fact that your club has also lost two games straight and now looking like not playing finals, again.

You made mention to where my club is on the ladder and what i should or shouldn't be posting about.

That day, I was also sucking down cigarettes and probably having a can of coke. Not a great preparation? but I will back us against you every day of the week, because at least we turn up to play and not be a bit scared of a little bit of water.

As moderator shouldn't you take this convo to the Money Shield forum?

You made mention to where my club is on the ladder and what i should or shouldn't be posting about.

That day, I was also sucking down cigarettes and probably having a can of coke. Not a great preparation? but I will back us against you every day of the week, because at least we turn up to play and not be a bit scared of a little bit of water.

As moderator shouldn't you take this convo to the Money Shield forum?

Sorry Luke, I'll keep it BS related.

Can you please explain what happened on Saturday to cause such an embarrassing performance from your team? Or possibly why your 1s, 2s and 3s have now lost their last two games?

2s and 3s don't play Barclay Shield as you well know.
We've had a few shockers with the stick over the years, love to put a finger on it from our perspective. Must give full credit to Diamond Creek, bowled very well. Especially Roggas

Sorry Luke, I'll keep it BS related.

Can you please explain what happened on Saturday to cause such an embarrassing performance from your team? Or possibly why your 1s, 2s and 3s have now lost their last two games?

Scores which i am aware of from yesterday.
Mernda chased down research 284 with 2 wickets in hand.
Macleod bowled camrea out for around 250.

Obviously my cricket website is down so geel free to post your scored.

Boring week on the Big Cricket front.
Couple of big games this week.
Will get down to Lower Eltham at some stage, then might head over to watch Mernda v Plenty.
Both games should be a cracker.

I received a text last night saying that apparently a Barclay Shield club may not have been satisfied with the captain coach this year, and have already appointed a new coach to replace him.

I received a text last night saying that apparently a Barclay Shield club may not have been satisfied with the captain coach this year, and have already appointed a new coach to replace him.

Would text club have a soccer pitch on it's premises??

Back