2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Saw that Pilon, Welsford, Austin and Salm all retired from Carlton CC on the weekend. Anyone got a big enough cheque book?

Anyone's thoughts on comp medal winner/s? Scott Shelton would be close for me. Maybe one or two stand out performances short but 39 wkts and a handy knock or 2 in the lower order might sneak him home. Perhaps Tom Burton, but going through the performances, the competition within may steal a few votes off him.

My Barclay team of the year.

T.McLean (c) (WK)
S.Malone
S.Villani
N.Curtin
T.Burton
J.Kulikowski
C.Still
M.Doyle
M.Hansen
L.Campitelli
S.Shelton

Comp Medal - Campitelli

T.McLean (c) (WK)
S.Malone
S.Villani
N.Curtin
T.Burton
J.Kulikowski
C.Still
M.Doyle
M.Hansen
L.Campitelli
S.Shelton

Comp Medal - Campitelli

No room to the person who I suspect is going to win the comp batting and also the spinner who I think has come second in comp bowling ?

Anyone's thoughts on comp medal winner/s? Scott Shelton would be close for me. Maybe one or two stand out performances short but 39 wkts and a handy knock or 2 in the lower order might sneak him home. Perhaps Tom Burton, but going through the performances, the competition within may steal a few votes off him.

Tom Burton made 4 ducks , yet could still win it.....
Shelts is a shu in I reckon

No room to the person who I suspect is going to win the comp batting and also the spinner who I think has come second in comp bowling ?
Had Still just above him as the spinning all-rounder. Just as many wickets for the season and made double the runs. Strike rates were identical and that's a key stat when looking at which spinner to include.

Surprised the comp batting winner isn't in my side. Who is it? And who would you take out for him?

Had Still just above him as the spinning all-rounder. Just as many wickets for the season and made double the runs. Strike rates were identical and that's a key stat when looking at which spinner to include.

Surprised the comp batting winner isn't in my side. Who is it? And who would you take out for him?

I reckon you could take out Kulikowski. He wouldnt bowl in that side.

T.McLean (c) (WK)
S.Malone
S.Villani
N.Curtin
T.Burton
J.Kulikowski
C.Still
M.Doyle
M.Hansen
L.Campitelli
S.Shelton

Comp Medal - Campitelli
Surely Malone will go close,I know they didn't win many games but should just hold on. Great to watch and not a bad bloke either. Hopefully Gibbsy to win money to end a great career.

Last edited:
It's official
Nick Austin as Captain
Chris Salm as Vice
Sensational get for the Siders for the upcoming 15-16 season which will be a very important year for all clubs with the restructure to happen at the end of next season!

It's official
Nick Austin as Captain
Chris Salm as Vice
Sensational get for the Siders for the upcoming 15-16 season which will be a very important year for all clubs with the restructure to happen at the end of next season!
What's O'Connor doing? Heard he may be off to his old club.

Well Riverside just won the flag.

Its going to be a pretty hard attack to face week in, week out.

Austin, Salm, Gedge, O'Connor, Doyle, Baker add in the filthy spin option of Morgan, and I can't see too many players scoring big scores.

Did you try calling him as well? Seems a number of players aren't interested in playing Money shield if they have the option of Barclay.

No, its been well documented that's the reason he is not already at Banyule. He won't play for Banyule when they're not in Barclay Shield, but will not play against Banyule if they came up.

But I did call him, along with every other Barclay Shield player to ever play. We've signed them all, as well as Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne. Eltham will be fielding 76 sides next year.

Back