2014/2015 Barclay Shield

No, its been well documented that's the reason he is not already at Banyule. He won't play for Banyule when they're not in Barclay Shield, but will not play against Banyule if they came up.

But I did call him, along with every other Barclay Shield player to ever play. We've signed them all, as well as Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne. Eltham will be fielding 76 sides next year.

None of them in Barclay Shield, though. :D

Well Riverside just won the flag.

Not necessarily we have seen it time and time again signing a couple of star players doesnt necessarily guarantee success. It takes teamwork to win premierships. Overall, i think this is great for the comp....but i dont see myself or any players stepping back and laying it to them on the platter.

Well Riverside just won the flag.

Have heard rumours that they won't be the only club with a very district feel to them next year. Apparently a premiership team from this year may be bolstered by 1, 2, or up to FIVE district players coming back next year.

Have heard rumours that they won't be the only club with a very district feel to them next year. Apparently a premiership team from this year may be bolstered by 1, 2, or up to FIVE district players coming back next year.
Not the calibre of Austin and Salm but still will be very good players in the DVCA. Home grown boys and good for the comp. Barclay going to be tough with 3 teams dropping down.

Fantastic get by Riverside, great cricketers and even better blokes. Will be good to hopefully see them push for higher honors after being a middle of the road club for the best part of 2 decades now.

I think we are going to see a massive off season just quietly....

Its going to be a pretty hard attack to face week in, week out.

Austin, Salm, Gedge, O'Connor, Doyle, Baker add in the filthy spin option of Morgan, and I can't see too many players scoring big scores.
You're probably right, but Diamond Creek or the other contenders will post 120 and watch Riverside choke trying to chase it.

Fantastic get by Riverside, great cricketers and even better blokes. Will be good to hopefully see them push for higher honors after being a middle of the road club for the best part of 2 decades now.

I think we are going to see a massive off season just quietly....
Indeed and know Rosanna already got a couple on board for next season. They'd want to be batsmen!

So with 3 teams to go down to Money at the end of next season,who are in the gun?

Could be anyone from 7 down I'm thinking,and I don't think Mernda will have a repeat of their last Barclay season!

Going to be one hell of a season,not only the top half but bottom also,clubs coffers are going to be plundered,silly spending might save clubs this season but ultimately could kill them.

If the grins on the faces of some of my RECCC colleagues is anything to go by when recruits are mentioned, I might have a few to announce myself in the near future;)

If the grins on the faces of some of my RECCC colleagues is anything to go by when recruits are mentioned, I might have a few to announce myself in the near future;)

Maybe a certain ex assistant coach that didn't finish out the season at his last club?

Anyone other than Creek, Riverside, Plenty, Macleod and Rosanna are all in the gun.

Epping
Bundoora United
Lower Eltham
OPSF
Bundoora
RECCC
Mernda

Anyone other than Creek, Riverside, Plenty, Macleod and Rosanna are all in the gun.

Epping
Bundoora United
Lower Eltham
OPSF
Bundoora
RECCC
Mernda
I don't think any clubs can be sitting on their hands going into this off season. Having 3 clubs drop down next season may be the catalyst to get some clubs out of their comfort zones. I sure as hell know after surviving by the skin of our teeth last year it was the foot up the arse we needed off field

Looks like it's going to be a big recruitment offseason with 3 going to Money. Hope the clubs have their cheque books out. Riverside have made a big statement there.

Just on Salm and Austin, I know district players have underperformed in the past. District Batsmen in particular take time to adjust to the slow tennis ball bounce. Plenty of guys "play" district 1's cricket. Few dominate it. Salm and Austin have. They are basically Vic 2nd XI bowlers, they will be very good.

Back