2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Likewise, but I think Henkel with his skills as an all rounder brought more to the table, though Jephcott seemed to be a more reliable bat.
Maddox apparently had the best gloves out off all the money shield sides as well so he could be a handy pick up for someone

Sounds like they're going to be in a bit of trouble losing those 3. Any ideas as to why they're all going?
I am hearing that Research might be after a gloveman. B brutal is he one of your prized recruits?

Sounds like they're going to be in a bit of trouble losing those 3. Any ideas as to why they're all going?
I am hearing that Research might be after a gloveman. B brutal is he one of your prized recruits?
Personally haven't heard the details as to why.
But by a recent post it seems Maddox had a possible falling out of sorts as he didn't finish off the season ?

Likewise, but I think Henkel with his skills as an all rounder brought more to the table, though Jephcott seemed to be a more reliable bat.
Maddox apparently had the best gloves out off all the money shield sides as well so he could be a handy pick up for someone

Both big losses. Young guys, easily in their best XI, wouldn't have thought they got paid, but won't be adequately replaced internally.

Henkel plays footy at Macleod, maybe he'll turn up there. From the outside, they seemed a tight bunch, maybe that fell apart when their spiritual leader Full Toss moved on. It will be interesting to see where they all turn up.

Both big losses. Young guys, easily in their best XI, wouldn't have thought they got paid, but won't be adequately replaced internally.

Henkel plays footy at Macleod, maybe he'll turn up there. From the outside, they seemed a tight bunch, maybe that fell apart when their spiritual leader Full Toss moved on. It will be interesting to see where they all turn up.
Henkel was skipper and on coin, albeit not much as majority going to Liyanage. All young blokes under 25 that would be walk up starters in most 1st XIs

I am hearing that the Bundoora side is going to have a very very strong international feel next year.

Not quite sure where you get your mail from... ? Unlike BUNDOORA, I am looking after our list and we have not considered any imports - yet.
Might do depending on how our 'local' recruiting goes.

FYI - This year just gone, we had 3 'internationals' as you might call it.
Our main two Indian players in our A grade, are both Australian citizens and have been with our club for quite some time now. Were not originally imports but locals / students.

The other was a last minute import... to try replace some of the hole left by 4 players we lost late winter.
Fair to say he didnt have a great time of it, but thats the risk you take with getting batsmen who havent played on our wickets.. (or dare I say it at our level even...) Didnt cost us anything though, just had to find him accommodation & employment, which we did.

Before this year, our last "import" was in 2011, when we had Dinesh.
At Bundoora, we embrace all players of any race, religion or backgound.

Tongs, you seem to be constantly worrying about what our club is doing... jealous..?
I would be more worried about keeping your team together now that you have choked another year away in Money.

Not quite sure where you get your mail from... ? Unlike BUNDOORA, I am looking after our list and we have not considered any imports - yet.

Our main two Indian players in our A grade, are both Australian citizens and have been with our club for quite some time now. Were not originally imports but locals / students.

The other was a last minute import... to try replace some of the hole left by 4 players we lost late winter.
Fair to say he didnt have a great time of it, but thats the risk you take with getting batsmen who havent played on our wickets.. (or dare I say it at our level even...) Didnt cost us anything though, just had to find him accommodation & employment, which we did.

Tongs, you seem to be constantly worrying about what our club is doing... jealous..?
I would be more worried about keeping your team together now that you have choked another year away in Money.

Sounds like I have hit a nerve. Because now you're being very very silly. If you read my comment, I said that I had heard that you're looking at possible multiple imports next season. Something that whilst both of you have got your panties in a twist about, neither have disputed it.

I have mentioned your club twice this whole season. Both in the last two weeks. So settle down princess.

FYI - You might be racist and view your boys that don't have the colour of your skin as an import. I don't. An import is an import, not the colour of his skin. So no need to keep saying that I am referring to dark skinned guys as internationals.

I think you will find ALL clubs embrace players of any race,religion or background.

I haven't heard about the international flavour but I have certainly heard about a certain Whittlesea Premiership all rounder!

Surprised me a bit considering the last "B" grade recruits performance over the past 2 yrs!

I've heard that Henkel and Jephcott are giving turf cricket a go. Possibly at premier level.
Unsure if minds have been made up. Henkel has strong link with a club in NMCA and Maddox will play where Henkel does. I know of 2 DVCA clubs having a crack at Jephcott

Luke Anderson Captain Coach, Josh Henkel Assistant Coach & Ethan Maddox all to LPCC. Greensborough CC in big trouble.

Apparently thats just a few, more announcements to follow. Luke might bring more from Rosanna CC, Henkel would surely try to get his brother over from the NMCA as well.

Never heard of such a quickly organised recruitment drive in local cricket.

Luke Anderson Captain Coach, Josh Henkel Assistant Coach & Ethan Maddox all to LPCC. Greensborough CC in big trouble.

Apparently thats just a few, more announcements to follow. Luke might bring more from Rosanna CC, Henkel would surely try to get his brother over from the NMCA as well.

Never heard of such a quickly organised recruitment drive in local cricket.
Done well with Anderson, Maddox, Henkel. Add in Stuart, J.Love and maybe Jephcott ??? and they have recruited 1/2 of a very good 1st XI.

Lower plenty could be a very good side in the coming years if they all play well together, will be interesting to see how they handle the young blokes who played 1st all year

Back