2014/2015 Barclay Shield

It's with great pleasure I can announce Luke Rosbrook as the new playing coach of the Riverside Cricket Club for the next 2 seasons.

Kabooooooooom
Just when you thought it couldn't get any tougher being a batsman playing against Riverside next year.
The big question is
Are there any more announcements to come?????

Big crickets DVCA thread will implode!

No implosion here. I'm happy for Riverside to go out and get whoever they want, however they want. At the end of the day, the more quality cricketers we can get into the DVCA the better in my opinion. Great recruitment, obviously going to be extremely strong.

I'm just not a fan of doing a runner on a side that has paid you, especially when you missed a fair chunk of the season.

I'm sure he has his reasons, whatever they may be.

No implosion here. I'm happy for Riverside to go out and get whoever they want, however they want. At the end of the day, the more quality cricketers we can get into the DVCA the better in my opinion. Great recruitment, obviously going to be extremely strong.

I'm just not a fan of doing a runner on a side that has paid you, especially when you missed a fair chunk of the season.

Ohhhh
So you are saying that his former club paid him upfront for next season?

I don't like the doing a runner comment, the guy won that club 2 flags as their Captain so in my opinion he owes plenty absolutely nothing. Paid players are there to perform as well as they can, clubs pay players at the risk of them leaving, performing poorly or not gelling , however you also do it with the hope they give you value for money that season. Good luck to Riverside , well run club who have never paid anyone other than there captain/ coaches over the years.

i am not speaking on behalf of the club as I am not on the committee this year, however as a senior member and player the whole playing group is disgusted about th events of the last 24 hours...

I'm not going to crap on about it, but the only thing I would like to say is being a person of good integrity is better then being a person who is dishonest

i am not speaking on behalf of the club as I am not on the committee this year, however as a senior member and player the whole playing group is disgusted about th events of the last 24 hours...

I'm not going to crap on about it, but the only thing I would like to say is being a person of good integrity is better then being a person who is dishonest
Were your committee unaware of him leaving? Did he tell them a fib? Surely this news doesn't come as a surprise
I was told mid-feb he was heading to Riverside with the other 2. Pretty sure it was put on bigcricket (brutal maybe)

Last edited:

Cut to the chase..

Chequebook Cricket. Pressure's on at Riverside, wouldn't want to lose now....

Cause plenty never poached riversiders in the last couple of years.

Back