2014/2015 Barclay Shield

may have a year off playing but I'd hope so. Signed for 3 seasons with playing seasons 2 and 3 a definate. Will be responsible for the whole club coaching program, inc juniors. Look like adding another first class recruit as well. Some young premier 2 standard kids have expressed an interest in our club also.

may have a year off playing but I'd hope so. Signed for 3 seasons with playing seasons 2 and 3 a definate. Will be responsible for the whole club coaching program, inc juniors. Look like adding another first class recruit as well. Some young premier 2 standard kids have expressed an interest in our club also.

Nice work Brutal. Would hope that this role does not interfere with his work with his coaching clinics and sessions around the DVCA, or I guess this could be an added bonus to getting more kids to Research.

Same budget as always, just working smarter. Having a private school affiliation is an attractive partnership when you consider the networking and professional opportunities that come with it.
So reading between the lines is David being entered into the school program and Tom is the new PE teacher - as we all know, networking opportunities go along way, but cold hard cash still needs to be put in the pocket.

So reading between the lines is David being entered into the school program and Tom is the new PE teacher - as we all know, networking opportunities go along way, but cold hard cash still needs to be put in the pocket.
Cash isn't the be all mate. Ask Shannon Malone. NEW offered him 25k and he said, not interested. Tom would have been offered more than we are paying. I believe Budoora offered him much more than what we did, perhaps though 1976 mustard coloured Corolla was the clincher;)

McAuley got offered coaching gig at Whittlesea.
Gardiner followed him back...

What a shambles up at Whittlesea. Two blokes walk out on the club, one to sign with UB, to then ultimately screw them over and sign with BU. Only to screw them over even more, and go back to their original club. Why on earth would you sign one of them as coach, its obviously clear that they have zero care for the best interests of the club/s.

Whilst not surprising, still baffling.

What a shambles up at Whittlesea. Two blokes walk out on the club, one to sign with UB, to then ultimately screw them over and sign with BU. Only to screw them over even more, and go back to their original club. Why on earth would you sign one of them as coach, its obviously clear that they have zero care for the best interests of the club/s.

Whilst not surprising, still baffling.

Whittlesea are on a hiding to nothing this year. Big responsibility for a guy who is in his early 20s, and still hasn't worked out his own game to coach the club. Should be more worried about making a few runs than how much money he can scrape out of a club.

Bundoora musta signed him up on performance based incentives and he realised he wasn't going to make any money.

Whittlesea are on a hiding to nothing this year. Big responsibility for a guy who is in his early 20s, and still hasn't worked out his own game to coach the club. Should be more worried about making a few runs than how much money he can scrape out of a club.

Bundoora musta signed him up on performance based incentives and he realised he wasn't going to make any money.

How would go rocking up to your preseason training, taking orders off a kid with an ok B grade record, that had signed with another club a only a month or so ago.

How would go rocking up to your preseason training, taking orders off a kid with an ok B grade record, that had signed with another club a only a month or so ago.
Would be pretty inspiring listening to his vision, and outline of the season ahead and club goals

Would be pretty inspiring listening to his vision, and outline of the season ahead and club goals

Understand the commentary, however, still see no need to crucify anyone for making the best decision for themselves. Despite our attempts, Whittlesea were able to convince him to stay at a side he won a flag with last season. No noses out of joint from our end, we had a crack and didn't get him. He went about it the right way when informing the people that he needed to, end of story as far as i am concerned. Now more than ever, most clubs are guilty of trying to recruit from within the competition, didn't go our way this time.

Coaching may be what he needs to get the best out of himself, like most i'll be an interested onlooker, unlike most, I hope it's a success for him...........

Last edited:
Back