2014/2015 Barclay Shield

I would love to thank both the Nillumbik Council and the DVCA for their best efforts in trying to find a ground suitable for our Barclay Shield side to play at this season while our ground is redeveloped.....As you can see they have done a mighty job and we are playing away for the whole season.

Last edited:
We would love to thank both the Nillumbik Council and the DVCA for their best efforts in trying to find a ground suitable for our Barclay Shield side to play at this season while our ground is redeveloped.....As you can see they have done a mighty job and we are playing away for the whole season.

We went through the same when ours was being down - for a season and a half.

Not a hell of a lot can be done.

Hey guys. I was going to put this in the advertisements thread but that seems to get little to no traffic.

Corey Cogan here from Bundoora United. Currently in the UK playing local cricket and the cricket agent who got me a club over here is looking for players that would be interested in coming over for the 2016 season .

Don’t have to be a superstar (I’m proof of that) as there are clubs at all different standards looking for players. Just thought you guys on here might know a few people from your clubs that might be interested as it’s a good opportunity for a young bloke or even an older bloke to get some experience playing in different conditions. It can also make for a cheap holiday as the clubs normally sort out the flights, accommodation and sometimes even a job. Really depends on the quality of player.

Anyway if any of you guys know someone drop me a PM on here and I can put you/them in touch with him.

Cheers.

And Research have drawn the short straw Round 1.:D
Not the short straw at all. Would rather play them first up I think. We'll have a pretty good side in for round 1. Apart from Tom Burton, have added a 20 year old keeper who has played county ones and can bat apparently. Also expecting 1 or 2 more new faces as well as a young bloke returning from Northcote. Will mean less reliance on Turnz and Shagga and hopefully mean Clubs bowling to Shan after the tea break and not before. Looking forward to round 1.:)

Not the short straw at all. Would rather play them first up I think. We'll have a pretty good side in for round 1. Apart from Tom Burton, have added a 20 year old keeper who has played county ones and can bat apparently. Also expecting 1 or 2 more new faces as well as a young bloke returning from Northcote. Will mean less reliance on Turnz and Shagga and hopefully mean Clubs bowling to Shan after the tea break and not before. Looking forward to round 1.:)
In addition, it *may* take those guys some time to hit their straps on the all weathers.

We would love to thank both the Nillumbik Council and the DVCA for their best efforts in trying to find a ground suitable for our Barclay Shield side to play at this season while our ground is redeveloped.....As you can see they have done a mighty job and we are playing away for the whole season.[/

Already making excuses for your possible relegation this season!

What makes you think a side that finished on top after the home and away last season will be relegated?

Well considering 1/4 sides are being relegated and Riverside,Creek, Macleod and prob Rosanna and Research lock ins, (all with good recruiting) its not hard to work out there's half a dozen nervous clubs out there.

Well considering 1/4 sides are being relegated and Riverside,Creek, Macleod and prob Rosanna and Research lock ins, (all with good recruiting) its not hard to work out there's half a dozen nervous clubs out there.
We have got two outs from last seasons side and two ins.. Both ins fill a need with the bat and both former premiership players. No concerns from our point of view. Finals appearance would be a pass

I would love to thank both the Nillumbik Council and the DVCA for their best efforts in trying to find a ground suitable for our Barclay Shield side to play at this season while our ground is redeveloped.....As you can see they have done a mighty job and we are playing away for the whole season.
Not sure how you could possibly complain about this. Your rooms have been upgraded, your nets / training area has been upgraded, and now your ground is being upgraded (not for the first time in the last 10 years).
Some clubs aren't as lucky to have this level of support.

Not sure how you could possibly complain about this. Your rooms have been upgraded, your nets / training area has been upgraded, and now your ground is being upgraded (not for the first time in the last 10 years).
Some clubs aren't as lucky to have this level of support.
Are you being serious?

The nets were redone 20 years ago, the club funded themselves. The ground has never been upgraded, all maintence up until the last few years was done by the club. The rooms have added an extra change room which again was really beneficial to the footy club. The deck which was just built was funded again all by both the footy and cricket clubs.

The club and members work their backsides off to always be improving our facilities. It hasn't just happened with handouts. (Although they help) Their is enormous pride in what this relatively small club has and does.

I guess the real disappointment is we have to play at your cow paddock again and get changed in the social rooms like under 12's

Who have Rosanna picked up? Raywood retired end of last season didn't he? and I saw that Pathan has gone to South Caulfield. That being said, they're so even that other guys will just pick up the load.

Are you being serious?

The nets were redone 20 years ago, the club funded themselves. The ground has never been upgraded, all maintence up until the last few years was done by the club. The rooms have added an extra change room which again was really beneficial to the footy club. The deck which was just built was funded again all by both the footy and cricket clubs.

The club and members work their backsides off to always be improving our facilities. It hasn't just happened with handouts. (Although they help) Their is enormous pride in what this relatively small club has and does.

I guess the real disappointment is we have to play at your cow paddock again and get changed in the social rooms like under 12's

So as you say, Council handouts and being aligned with a football club has been a great benefit to you.

Back