2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Would be worst in 10-15 years for sure and on current playing personel, will find it a battle to compete in Money Sield as well. Life will only get tougher with the restructure of comp and clubs positioning themselves to make sure they are as competitive as possible. Some clubs are well and truly on the way when it comes to next seasons lists.

Who have you signed already? :eek:

Most big names thrown around seem to be linked to Plenty somehow...
Haha lets just finish this season first..

Really competitive battle for top this year. Looks as though I have mozzed BU this week complementing their batting and to get rolled for 60 odd... The skipper was fair to say pretty pissed off. Can't see them failing that bad again... I still back them to make top 4.

I still think with a few of the sides still too play it will end up us and diamond creek 1 & 2 then same huge matches over the next 3 rounds. Rosanna will really need their best cricket with riverside, diamond creek and lower Eltham to play. Riverside have Diamond creek round 11 as well and BU and Macleod also face off round 11.

My tip which means ************ all...
Plenty
Diamond creek
Bundoora United
Macleod

Haha lets just finish this season first..

Really competitive battle for top this year. Looks as though I have mozzed BU this week complementing their batting and to get rolled for 60 odd... The skipper was fair to say pretty pissed off. Can't see them failing that bad again... I still back them to make top 4.

I still think with a few of the sides still too play it will end up us and diamond creek 1 & 2 then same huge matches over the next 3 rounds. Rosanna will really need their best cricket with riverside, diamond creek and lower Eltham to play. Riverside have Diamond creek round 11 as well and BU and Macleod also face off round 11.

My tip which means ************ all...
Plenty
Diamond creek
Bundoora United
Macleod

You haven't mozzed BU at all, they are simply not up to it yet. Have turned some heads this year and are building nicely but aren't ready.
Riverside made the most of a golden opportunity to take 10 points. NEW folding in just 34 overs in the second inns is pathetic though with only two blokes reaching double figures.
Lower Eltham continue to go thru the motions, haven't been the same since winning the flag and another winter of soul searching down there. Or maybe those boys were happy winning it once and the fire has now gone?
Rosanna destiny in their own hands. Batting has faulted at the weekend but three massive games coming up as you highlighted.
Now it's all over to your boys PremiersAgain. It really is Plenty's flag to hand to someone else. Clearly the best side in it, just a question of maintaining form for another 6 weeks or so. Lots of blokes in and around the club who have been there before. Any update on Rossbrook?

Plenty are in a good position, they could give him the next game off and still ease him back in if they want to.

Providing he can get through, he's got the ability to just slot back in at any stage. In saying that, he'd probably like a game or two before finals. So maybe you're right. Give him a spell this week, and let him loose for the last two before finals.

Rozzie has been light training for the last 2 weeks and I would think will miss another game maybe play as a bat in our 2's this week if he wants to get out of the house but most likely just give it another 2 weeks. Other then him we have a really clean bill of health with Scona having a hit in the ODC last week and up for selection this week after missing some games before Christmas.

M.Lewis named for Rosanna H grade. Qualification? Is this in the rules?

If he's a registered player at the club, then he can be named. In fact, that's what all smart clubs do. And if you're really smart, you wait for the other club to forfeit first, and even if you couldn't get a side yourself, you put all your unavailable players on the team sheet and pick up a sweet 6 points.

If he's a registered player at the club, then he can be named. In fact, that's what all smart clubs do. And if you're really smart, you wait for the other club to forfeit first, and even if you couldn't get a side yourself, you put all your unavailable players on the team sheet and pick up a sweet 6 points.

All the "smart" clubs?

Actually, no. Let's call it what it is, it's shlt form and exploiting the rules. No one wants to see this crap happen, it costs a junior player a games experience, it can ruin a game of cricket by only having 10 men and it's poor to qualify a bloke that way. Not in the spirit of the game.

IF, and I say again IF it's the case, I hope Rosanna get smashed and can't make it. And their H grade lose by a run playing a batsmen short.

All the "smart" clubs?

Actually, no. Let's call it what it is, it's shlt form and exploiting the rules. No one wants to see this crap happen, it costs a junior player a games experience, it can ruin a game of cricket by only having 10 men and it's poor to qualify a bloke that way. Not in the spirit of the game.

IF, and I say again IF it's the case, I hope Rosanna get smashed and can't make it. And their H grade lose by a run playing a batsmen short.
Correct me if im wrong could the DVCA do an audit on their team sheet seeing as they all have to be signed before play?

You two *very smart gentleman* need to inform yourself of what's going on. Mill park forfeited to Rosanna. M Lewis has been named in rosannas side. How is hat denying a junior match experience? There is no match. It's a walkover! You two are *significantly smarter than me*.

* edited. Watch the name calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
You two *very smart gentleman* need to inform yourself of what's going on. Mill park forfeited to Rosanna. M Lewis has been named in rosannas side. How is hat denying a junior match experience? There is no match. It's a walkover! You two are *significantly smarter than me*.

* edited. Watch the name calling.

Ok, so there may not have been a game. But that is one very minor point to my post. It's not in the spirit of the game and a very poor look. I stand by everything I said.

Very shlt form Rosanna.

Back