2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Well he has played for us for the last 4 seasons so as far as we're concerned we know exactly what we're getting. So clearly the percentages show he is 100% the last 4 years then.... And you obviously have reliable sources because yeah Mitch is certainly not playing district, and I highly highly doubt he will ever again.. But good luck on your stab in the dark next time
Dont believe I mentioned Mitch. Flog.

Confirmed, Johnson will be back at Macleod for 2 years at least.
Any truth to the rumour that Research ambushed him in a meeting a week after the grand final, Brutal, with a contract put under his nose ?

Had a look at his stats, he has played 20 odd first class games, surely he could have done better this year....

Had a look at his stats, he has played 20 odd first class games, surely he could have done better this year....

Did you see him play this year?

Even AB De Villiers would struggle coming from a cricket pitch onto the shit we play on.

If Johnson is coming back for another two years, look out. He's a gun.

Yeah that was a run fest the semi final played there.

9/118 def 114.

Absolute road.
I know your a pitch Nazi but you can't pluck out one game to back up your claims.
Furthermore you've used the most high pressure game of the season to use as your evidence. Semi's rarely produce high scoring encounters.
Im not saying this guy isnt a jet but batting at Macleod is the closest deck to batting on turf in our comp?

Did you see him play this year?

Even AB De Villiers would struggle coming from a cricket pitch onto the shit we play on.

If Johnson is coming back for another two years, look out. He's a gun.

Great batting technique, however went out 12 times this year , all caught.
If he can bat until tea on any day, he will more than likely pass 100 before tucker time .
Problem is he gives all fielders a chance with around 90% of his shots hit in the air.
He did tell me that he struggled on our decks and is looking forward to contributing more with the bat .

If it was a done deal, he would have signed something . My source ( Tom Burton himself ) reliably informs me that he hasn't signed any contracts with any club and given his situation in the UK, will not be in a position to sign any agreements until August.

Well Serge, I'll stand by my source, he has made an agreement, he may not have signed...but its done. he won't be at Macleod, he clearly wants out or he wouldnt have shopped himself around. I agree with a previous comment, he does need reminding his name is Tom Burton and not Freddie Flintoff

Be interested to know if you guys would even bother making a counter offer, pretty ordinary form i reckon to just go sourcing other clubs behind the hand that has been feeding you

Interesting developments over the past few days. We will see how good your source is come September wont we.
I'm pretty confident that if he plays in the valley, it will only be for us.
i guess we will see come september...however why would you be so confident, why is he sending out his CV?? ever thought he wants more cash?? cant be a good look for your club if he stays after all this....some things are best kept in house....he's leaving serge

Interesting developments over the past few days. We will see how good your source is come September wont we.

Intersting developments!

Does that mean the job,the car and accomodation that was mentioned in an earlier post that was then removed have been granted to Freddie?

To be honest i hope that he does stay and doesnt hold you guys to ransom. To play three years and with you guys very close to achieving the ultimate in the Valley,Barclay premiership, it would in my opinion be poor form to walk out for the sole purpose of a bit more cash.

Why would it be "poor form" or "ordinary" to accept a better offer from another club? At the point where you're accepting money for your time and skill, you are not an amateur, you're an employee. I can't hold it against anyone for taking advantage of this win at all costs mentality that seems to be infecting clubs at the moment.

Intersting developments!

Does that mean the job,the car and accomodation that was mentioned in an earlier post that was then removed have been granted to Freddie?

To be honest i hope that he does stay and doesnt hold you guys to ransom. To play three years and with you guys very close to achieving the ultimate in the Valley,Barclay premiership, it would in my opinion be poor form to walk out for the sole purpose of a bit more cash.

To be brutally honest, I reckon he was on a bloody good deal at Macleod.
Poor form to put his CV out there - probably. I think a lot of people tend to forget that he is only 22. Kids make rash decisions without REALLY thinking it through at that age. I've been told by Tom that he has received many offers since the email went out and he is as confused as anyone as to which way he is going, however, like I stated prior, he hasn't signed anything, wont until Aug/Sept, and certainly not until he has a chat with us , and those are the facts.

Last edited:

If his primary consideration is money, then he would potentially get a better offer from a club in the DDCA, ECA or VTCA. Although if what we read on this forum is true, then this might be the year for DVCA cricketers to cash in.

Would seem strange to play elsewhere in the DVCA, given how Macleods list shapes up relative to other clubs. They should be up there with Riverside and Diamond Creek.

The whole car/accom/work thing is pretty par for the course with getting a pom out. Just depends how much cream he wants on top!

I'm hearing that a certain club president, and very senior Barclay Shield player has decided to fly the coup....

Back