2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Absolutely wrapt that Barclay Shield GF is back at Plenty Park. With the condition of the ground and a fantastic batting deck a par score will be 220+ which will make for a fantastic spectacle.

With parking all the way around the ground and viewing deck all makes for a huge crowd with 4 of the comps biggest clubs playing off

par score is 220? of the 12 innings at your ground in the 1sts only 1 score over 205 has been hit all year. against that poo mob whittlesea. the average score is 165. rubbish that par is 220.

why you selling your ground. weve all been there. your food is overpriced and parking is crap if you get there after 2pm.

Absolutely wrapt that Barclay Shield GF is back at Plenty Park. With the condition of the ground and a fantastic batting deck a par score will be 220+ which will make for a fantastic spectacle.

With parking all the way around the ground and viewing deck all makes for a huge crowd with 4 of the comps biggest clubs playing off

Par score of 220, I thought par score was around 75 they way you blokes have been batting.

why you selling your ground. weve all been there. your food is overpriced and parking is crap if you get there after 2pm
I think he is just rapt** to have a reason to post on the Barclay thread again. why do you care anyway PA you wont be able to go will you ??

Geez few angry men on here today..

Just saying now that the grass has taken and is a lot shorter in the last month with the dry weather par score for Barclay Shield comp will be a lot more

Fantastic batting deck? Do plenty play on turf do they? Lmao

Because we don't have 2 significantly different styles of pitch in the DVCA...
Well done to Plenty for getting the Barclay G/F back after so many years. Last I was up there the ground, pitch and facilities all looked good so should make for a great G/F. Have to agree that parking around the ground provides a better atmosphere but sorry your a long way behind both Eltham and Diamond Creeks grounds in that regard. Apparently Eltham ground is good but pitch dodgy but watch out for next year as it is by far the best viewing ground in the comp.

On to the more important things, I'll start with the easy one first, hard to see Macleod coming back from the drubbing Diamo handed them back in round 10 so Diamo for me.
Riverside v Nth Eltham is the good one as in round 11 the Riverside batting demons resurfaced not being able to chase down 131 on their home deck. If NE post a reasonable total, which I think they can seeing they almost batted the 80 overs in rd 11, then can see them causing the upset, so North Eltham for me.

Diamo have the mental edge over Macleod, Semi final 2 years ago, GF last year and after losing to them on the first day earlier this year bouncing back to pump them the way they did, cant see them losing this one.

IF riverside can fire in the finals they should take out the whole thing but they are never a certainty and there is something poetic about NEW rising up the ranks, sneaking into 4th spot and sending them packing in the Semi. Backing the wanderers here and don't be surprised if they take home the shield

Diamond Creek yet again have been the team to beat and will be too good for Macleod who have had a reasonable year but haven't quite had the consistency of previous years. (Good that grub Wise doesn't deserve a Grand Final win).
Watch for: Sturgess to have a big finals series after only scoring 1 run in two finals games last year.

Riverside to get the Semi Final monkey off the back against NEW. I think they would be happy drawing NEW rather than Old Paradians, who I don't think are quite up to the same standard as the other 3 finalists, but have had a fantastic year. Edit: Trav Baker not playing to attend a wedding. Game Over.
Watch for: The Old Man with grey hair, Gibbs to get a 60no and get the job done in a close encounter

Last edited:
Diamond Creek yet again have been the team to beat and will be too good for Macleod who have had a reasonable year but haven't quite had the consistency of previous years. (Good that grub Wise doesn't deserve a Grand Final win).
Watch for: Sturgess to have a big finals series after only scoring 1 run in two finals games last year.

Riverside to get the Semi Final monkey off the back against NEW. I think they would be happy drawing NEW rather than Old Paradians, who I don't think are quite up to the same standard as the other 3 finalists, but have had a fantastic year. Edit: Trav Baker not playing to attend a wedding. Game Over.
Watch for: The Old Man with grey hair, Gibbs to get a 60no and get the job done in a close encounter
North Eltham deserve their spot here. They beat us comfortably, knocked over Diamond Creek and had a draw with Riverside.

Back