AFL

Re: AFL

I swear the Collingwood Footy Club made a group decision to start falling apart the second I started posting in this thread.

Absolutely stupid. I can't see Didak being around past the end of the season. Heath will be around though. And Rhyce - dumb, dumb, dumb. Not just drinking while injured (which is stupid enough), but for letting his brother drive home.

But hey, maybe it's a good thing - trade dids to west coast for kerr, or brissy for browny. Every cloud has a silver lining!

of course Browny will stay with the lions, but a kid can dream.

what do you reckon dids is worth come draft time though? i guess it comes down to how bad they want to get rid of him, but I wouldn't want to see the wobbles settle for anything for than a first round draft pick + 1 more than decent player.

I dunno if anyone would trade a first round pick this draft.

His value won't be much considering his troubles. Port are interested, apparently.

Long time no post in here.

What about Buddy?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK-AtxY7re0&feature=related"]YouTube - Lance (Buddy) Franklin kicks 100 goals (AFL- 10 HD)[/ame]

What a celebration!

LOL @ the people getting a photo with the Hawks player, and the sign AFL Sucks.

Shame that Fev missed out. In my opinion, he deserved the 100. Too bad the Hawks flooded the back line, if I was Clarkson I would've given him the ton.

Fev, being the ego maniac he is, is properly happier that he got 99 and will be the only person for a long time to kick it. It's fitting though - brilliant full forward who just missed the boat. Kind of sums him up.

Lol. ROFL at his Mad Monday thing, anyone see it? Bloody hilarious, but a stupid thing to do.

Yeh I agree jimmy, they shoulda left him 1 on 1 and if he was good enough to beat the defender then he deserves it, pretty unfair of them.

I don't know. I disagree.

Buddy was being tripled team before he kicked his hundred; he was being triple teamed after he kicked his hundred. That's what you do when the ball is getting drilled down to one bloke in particular. Seems unfair that Carlton is allowed to do it, but Hawthorn isn't just because Fev needed to kick 8 instead of 2.

It would have been nice if they'd done it. But it would have been nice if Don Bradman was served a long hop first up in his last innings. Maybe i'm a ruthless, super competitve prick, but there isn't much place for nice in professional sport.

Added 13 minute(s) and 43 second(s) later...

ps; I love mad Monday.

... But god i'm scared at what the Collingwood boys might get up to.

Yeh but the thing is that Hawthorn didn't flood their back line before Fev was on 99, they only flooded it when he kicked his 99th. It's different to the Bradman thing because Bradman got himself out. If he got those 4 runs it would of been on his own merit, the other team played normal and getting him out was a crucial part of winning the game. With Fev, Hawthorn went to extra effort to hold Fev on 99, and it would of made no difference to the result.

I don't mean letting Fev kick it, I mean putting your best defender on him, but only that 1 defender, not half the team, and seeing if Fev was good enough to get his 100th.

going to have to agree to disagree here, Jonesy, haha.

I just don't think it would be playing normally to leave one defender on a bloke that's kicked 7 goals in a half - especially when the opposition team was making it clear that they were ONLY going to kick it to that one bloke. I think it's just a pity he didn't kick his two attempts in the first half when the game was on - if he'd done that we wouldn't be having this conversation! Al. Clarkson was just coaching the way he'd coach in any other game.

I just think because the game was dead and buried. I don't think Clarkson would've flooded if the game was sewn up in a nice neat little package. But if Fev is good enough, he will do it next year. Although no doubt in my mind that Buddy will as well

Back