APS: Scholarships

Re: Scholorships in APS

halibury done give a f*** if the sportsman arnt smart as long as there good at sport. If you read the xavier college football mission statement it actually says they do not give out schlorships and try to use the homegrown talent to win games.

yeah with the emphasis on TRY. when they TRY and the talent at xavier isnt quite premiership material, then some guy decides to rock up at xavier for his final year.

and HC do care if their sportsman are smart. jackson is a school prefect and other members of the first XI are in leadership positions due to academic success. so please. come to HC and not only will you see that youre so very wrong, youll also get the bejesus beaten out of you for being arrogant.

shonorkal;139847 said:
incorrect my young and so very ignorant friend! offically no to xavier and scholarships! unoffically, do u think its coincidence that freak footballers all of a sudden decide to come to xavier at yr 11, lets think over the last couple of years! Robbie tarrant a name that springs to mind, i'm not saying they give them to cricketers but they do give them, it is also my understanding that luke ball went onto an "academic scholarship" after year 9! Coincidence

If you knew Luke Ball, he was actually one of the smartest guys at the school. He got 95+ in VCE, so I think its understandable that he was on an academic scholarship.

yeah fair enough about luke ball! But wat about the come back to Robbie Tarrant, u cannot say he was on an academic scholarship

heat;139610 said:
DamienMARTYN4PM, shut the fck up mate. im in the 1st team. have been for every game. been playing well as well. and im not on scholarship! so shut the fck up mucus and learn to play cricket ya fcktard!

That's coz your dad is the coach. P.S you were out first ball today

Francis;140170 said:
yeah fair enough about luke ball! But wat about the come back to Robbie Tarrant, u cannot say he was on an academic scholarship

From what I understand, his brother Chris paid for most of his school fees. Plus, he hardly ever played a game of footy because of injury.

yeah well i think the reason he played cause he was on the choof abit like his brother, the younger one is **** anyway. xavier maybe need to start giving out them because they are losing all talent at all, even tho i am against them halibury have recked it where now you have to have some,

TAKE NOT HALIBURY, NOT ALL THO

shonorkal;139847 said:
incorrect my young and so very ignorant friend! offically no to xavier and scholarships! unoffically, do u think its coincidence that freak footballers all of a sudden decide to come to xavier at yr 11, lets think over the last couple of years! Robbie tarrant a name that springs to mind, i'm not saying they give them to cricketers but they do give them, it is also my understanding that luke ball went onto an "academic scholarship" after year 9! Coincidence
Luke Ball got 98 on his VCE, which is brilliant, but obviously the incentives of his sporting would have helped him out.

Luke Ball had 98 on his VCE.

Vice Skipper of the school, captain of Football and Cricket. He wasnt on a scholarship.

After playing Haileybury on the weekend I think it is tough to say they have 10-11 scholarships in the team. They had 4 maybe 5 players in Tormey, Lynch, Martin, and Wakefield, that carried the team, the rest were pretty hopeless.

hc arent all scholarships. it is a fact.
yet they continue to dominate the aps.
and to say that those players carry the team isnt all true.. its a team effort.

If you blokes reckon that HC are not a team hows this?

VS MGS Wickets
Wakefield 78 Lynch 4
Tormey 40 Heinrichs 2
Martin 72 Tormey 3
Lynch 53 Wakefiled 1
Bayard 30

On the other hand MGS must be a team because 2 blokes scored nearly 200 out of 270 and another bloke took 7. I ask you how is that a team?

lol, im not lynch. and lynch isnt on cricket scholarship. neither is martin. but jackson is.

so thats 4 (excluding pattinson who cant play for the rest of the year)

can i say this:

HC is not the only school who gives scholarships. XC does for certain let alone other schools. and if they say they dont, its only because theyre not recognised as scholarship. they say "its the church helping out a young boy who would otherwise not be able to afford a good private school education" - the only thing is that the example young boy happens to be an absolute gun at football. that HAS happened in the past and happens more often than you think.

HC would have won the APS title next year without scholarships because Tom Lynch
Max Wakefiled
Reuben Wakefiled

would have all gone to the school regardless of scholarships.

xavier give out sport scholarships..have a look at their 1st hockey team ( i know its not a proper sport) but they have 5 or 6 guys on scholarships in that team.... so they might not give them in cricket or footy or main sports but hockey they dominate as a guy from my school says

how bout caulfields athletics team?

they basically ruined the comp in the 90's

and now MGS are doing the same with that guy from South Australia

Back