APS: Scholarships

Re: Scholorships in APS

Xavier does not give out sporting scholarships. There has been one bloke ever to play for a xavier 1st team on scholarship. His name was cody sibasado and he was from a remote community near broome. He was given the chance at an education by the school. It was coincidence that he was a gun at footy. No doubt many of you will be cynical. So let me point this out. His brother came the year after and played in the 3rds. Two other boys from broome have come down and both did not play 1sts in any sport. It is in Xavier's ethos to not give out scholarships. I would rather give my all in a team full of mates knowing that they would do the same for me. An APS premiership these days is a material object

bernie;142592 said:
Xavier does not give out sporting scholarships. There has been one bloke ever to play for a xavier 1st team on scholarship. His name was cody sibasado and he was from a remote community near broome. He was given the chance at an education by the school. It was coincidence that he was a gun at footy. No doubt many of you will be cynical. So let me point this out. His brother came the year after and played in the 3rds. Two other boys from broome have come down and both did not play 1sts in any sport. It is in Xavier's ethos to not give out scholarships. I would rather give my all in a team full of mates knowing that they would do the same for me. An APS premiership these days is a material object

thats bullcrap. the church give them out on behalf of the school stating that they didnt have a prior chance to a good education, and its coincidence that theyre guns at sport?

you expect us to believe that?

heat;143735 said:
thats bullcrap. the church give them out on behalf of the school stating that they didnt have a prior chance to a good education, and its coincidence that theyre guns at sport?

you expect us to believe that?

Well i'd like to see you name one person on scholarship in the school. Dont pull crap out of your mouth and accuse the school. In fact it is not run by the church, it is an independent jesuit school. Not run or managed by the church. Scholarships is the very thing the school stands against and for you guys to make up ******** to give credibility to their rubbish school is a pathetic effort. You know who you are

well, i know for a fact that HC has reviewed its infamous scholarship program and decided to cut back on scholarships drastically due to the negative publicity the school has copped (front page of the age and all)

when i came to HC on scholarship (for soccer), there were three other scholarships given that year for soccer. as a result, we have won back to back last two years. however, i know for a fact now that soccer wont be getting any scholarships for a long time now. neither will other sports.

the only scholarships that will be continued to be handed out is girls scholarships. thats only so that HC doesnt have the same problem as CGS did when they introduced girls (the whole having 50 girls v 300 boys for 10 years because they didnt recruit properly)

If there are four players on scholarship in soccer, how many may I ask are there in other sports that really matter. Coming from a bloke who thinks xavier gets scholarships on behalf of some imaginary school, I will not believe it until a see HC return to their nuff nuff status as the laughing stock of the APS. At the moment there is hardly anything to indicate a cutting down in scholarships

heat;144128 said:
well, i know for a fact that HC has reviewed its infamous scholarship program and decided to cut back on scholarships drastically due to the negative publicity the school has copped (front page of the age and all)QUOTE]

If there are 4 scholarships for soccer, may I ask how many scholarships are there for the sports that really matter? Is it any coincidence also that the soccer player is also a more than competent cricketer. Plus, coming from bloke who thinks xavier gets scholarships from some imaginary church, I believe it when I see HC return to their nuff nuff status as the laughing stock of the APS. At the moment there is no proof to indicate that they have cut back on scholarships

heat;144128 said:
well, i know for a fact that HC has reviewed its infamous scholarship program and decided to cut back on scholarships drastically due to the negative publicity the school has copped (front page of the age and all)

when i came to HC on scholarship (for soccer), there were three other scholarships given that year for soccer. as a result, we have won back to back last two years. however, i know for a fact now that soccer wont be getting any scholarships for a long time now. neither will other sports.

the only scholarships that will be continued to be handed out is girls scholarships. thats only so that HC doesnt have the same problem as CGS did when they introduced girls (the whole having 50 girls v 300 boys for 10 years because they didnt recruit properly)

If there are 4 scholarships for soccer, may I ask how many scholarships are there for the sports that really matter? Is it any coincidence also that the soccer player is also a more than competent cricketer. Plus, coming from bloke who thinks xavier gets scholarships from some imaginary church, I believe it when I see HC return to their nuff nuff status as the laughing stock of the APS. At the moment there is no proof to indicate that they have cut back on scholarships

heat;144128 said:

I agree heat with the girls on scholarships stuff. It is a new school and the government is paying along with HC for these scholarships.

mate this whole thread is flawed. The dirty catholic schools are always giving scholarships and that crap that they dont give them at all is bull dust mate i know for a fact that xavs had at least two new players for tennis this year. you're all cheating scum

Wiz;145696 said:
I agree heat with the girls on scholarships stuff. It is a new school and the government is paying along with HC for these scholarships.

Why can't you just get girls that are full-fee paying students. Doesn't anyone want to go to Haileybury? This sort of poaching is ridicolous, just sign up a champion Belgrave High School Volleyball team why don't you, put your money into something worth while, like facilities. Just a thought

burwood;145775 said:
mate this whole thread is flawed. The dirty catholic schools are always giving scholarships and that crap that they dont give them at all is bull dust mate i know for a fact that xavs had at least two new players for tennis this year. you're all cheating scum

Ans these players are. Number 1 in the team is Xavier Crowe (absolute freak) but has been at the school sinc year 5. No2 and no3 have been at xavier since going to Burke Hall. One was a cricketer who turned to tennis and became a gun so r u saying they got him on scholarship anticipating his hidden talent? What a ********ing joke. Just because they won a premiership doesnt mean they have scholarships.

The next time someone makes up crap can it please have some semblance of truth. Im getting seriously fed up

P.S. How long is it gonna take before Hailbury realises they r in serious debt. The extra government funding for been in a dump like keysborough only goes so far. They should perhaps better manage their money on something worthwhile but who I am to tell them to run their school

bernie;146097 said:
P.S. How long is it gonna take before Hailbury realises they r in serious debt. The extra government funding for been in a dump like keysborough only goes so far. They should perhaps better manage their money on something worthwhile but who I am to tell them to run their school

******** off mate! you are the cheese on your mum's cock!

heat;146117 said:
******** off mate! you are the cheese on your mum's cock!

hahahaha fair enough mate. But no need to get all bitter coz all ur arguments have been proven worthless

learnt today from someone in admin that because hailbury is in keysborough they are getting four times as much government funding then scotch xavier and carey put together. Is this just? What does heat think? when labor gets government though there funding will be significantly lower so there is some good news on the horizon and we all might be able to challenge for flags again

bernie;139805 said:
the argument is all well and good that scholarships are needed so that schools can compete. but what happens when it ruins the league as it has done. been competitive is one thing. winning every premiership convincingly is another. i do not see how hailbury and other schools can be proud when their school has not nutured the development of these players; they just buy them in years 11 and 12. Where is the justice in this? Other schools should not be allowed to take the higher ground. With the exception of Xavier and perhaps Carey every other school hands out sporting scholarships. Anyone who tries to deny it is a liar. Every school is guilty and consequently the aps competition has disintegrated into a joke.

GC dont give out scholarships

gilly18;146860 said:
aps must be really good raw talent if they buy all their players.. is that real cricket or not?

the APS would be a terrible standard competition if it werent for scholarships. HC are cutting back massively.

if youre going to talk about HC and where they put their funding. most of it goes into teachers, HC has a small class size policy where all unit 3/4 subject classes have no more than 12 students in them. i am in accounting with 9 students. international studies with 6 students etc.

thats where most of our funding goes. compared to schools like BGS who build a new resource centre for millions of dollars - are parents honestly going to want new buildings or better teachers etc. their students arent going to be able to use the buildings forever. but their education will last forever.

im pretty sure thats the policy behind HC and why their grounds and bulidings etc are usually sub-standard (the standard being the likes of what SC have).

bernie;146096 said:
Ans these players are. Number 1 in the team is Xavier Crowe (absolute freak) but has been at the school sinc year 5. No2 and no3 have been at xavier since going to Burke Hall. One was a cricketer who turned to tennis and became a gun so r u saying they got him on scholarship anticipating his hidden talent? What a ********ing joke. Just because they won a premiership doesnt mean they have scholarships.

The next time someone makes up crap can it please have some semblance of truth. Im getting seriously fed up

The no.3 joe flanagan only went to xavier because he got a scholarship and the no.5 Zebe haupt left xavier but came back because he got offered a scholarship.

Back