Australia In England, The Ashes 2013

Tony Hill as the 3rd umpire is seriously a f***ing idiot. Australia surely has to complain.

I reckon some of the umpires cope badly with sitting in the magic box due to their egos. They want to actually make the decision rather than just review the one the onfield ump made. I have no other idea why there has been such an outstanding run of bullshit from them in this series.

LMAO at Buck Rogers leaving the ball to lose his off peg and the Hughes review. Absolute farce.

For Rogers next act, it's....... drum roll...... out hit wicket. And look at Clarke getting suckered in to that set-up, Watson getting out the same way over and over, Haddin being pretty much Haddin as dozy as usual, our senior players are headcases,

Watson is Anderson's bunny now. All that thrashing around of second division county second string attacks is being shown for what it is.

Honestly, I wish he'd retire from test cricket.

He must at last chance garage. Probably his only saving grace is that they are on tour. All the young openers in Aus should be planning a good start to the season as there are openings.
Was glad to see Khawaja stand up. Much more needed in the next test from him but hopefully that cleared the nerves as he had looked like a fish out of water up till then.

Yes he's comically prone to LBW and loves a review but the sad thing is that Watson is still our second highest run scorer for the series, and his bowling is more than handy.

I may be mad but at this stage of things limited to this squad it's just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, **** it I'd stick with the same team. There's no indication that anyone else on tour will do any better, these guys have been humiliated maybe it will kick some of them into gear and make the most of their chance.

Yes he's comically prone to LBW and loves a review but the sad thing is that Watson is still our second highest run scorer for the series, and his bowling is more than handy.

I may be mad but at this stage of things limited to this squad it's just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, **** it I'd stick with the same team. There's no indication that anyone else on tour will do any better, these guys have been humiliated maybe it will kick some of them into gear and make the most of their chance.

Agree, where to go? no where, these guys have to stand up now and say enough. If they turn it around we will call them champions, though i doubt it, just a show of guts will do and i will hail them for the effort.

Old Trafford is a turning pitch. Monty Panesar has a stonking record there so they will probably play 2 spin bowlers. Given that, they need to make a hierarchy of who they believe can play spin the best - this really is shuffling the deck chairs I know - and pick that batting line-up. For mine, it doesn't matter if that includes 5 out and out bowlers, just do it.

First test was a good effort and we probably should have won. Second test was just a joke.

Fair to say that Watson should no longer be in the side, I'd also argue the same for Rogers who hasn't shown anything despite being backed as a "master" of the English conditions and at 35 with no form offers us nothing long term. The remainder (Hughes, Khawaja, Clarke, Smith and Haddin) have been fairly hit and miss, throw in some ridiculous shot selection and you pretty much have what a dog's breakfast our batting order is at the moment.

Like others have said there's no-one else to bring in. Warner is a dirty across the line hack who should never play test cricket again, Cowan isn't much chop and Wade is also fairly hit and miss. I must Katich, Hussey and Ponting would be shaking their heads right now watching the farce that was the second test.

The selectors need to look to the next Ashes and start bringing in a bit more youth and giving a few younger players and guys in good form a go. Otherwise we risk looking at similar results over here in our summer.

Another spinner from WA, was in the Warriors squad last season.

Played a couple of Ryobis from what I remember. Another finger spinning all rounder. He's over there on one of those Academy club cricket things same as Agar was.

I find it insane that they are playing people who aren't in the squad instead of squad players. WTF is going on with this team? Watson is 32, will more net practise really suddenly stop him being an LB candidate?

And Agar is playing in the match.

Another spinner from WA, was in the Warriors squad last season.

It now makes the claim from Victoria and South Australia supporters that New South Wales players get a free ride into the Australian team absolutely absurd.

We seem to be picking quite a few Sandgropers of late.

I find it insane that they are playing people who aren't in the squad instead of squad players. WTF is going on with this team? Watson is 32, will more net practise really suddenly stop him being an LB candidate?

Yeah but think of all the great culture that he will be able to soak up in London, could rejuvenate the man.

BP74DGaCUAAXcjq.png

Source: Twitter

Does anyone know that the first Ashes Test of the Ashes 2013-14 will be played on 21st November 2013 at Brisbane. Just two months gap between the two Ashes !!!!!!!!!!!. Has this ever happened before. :eek: Reference Cricinfo.

Played a couple of Ryobis from what I remember. Another finger spinning all rounder. He's over there on one of those Academy club cricket things same as Agar was.

And Agar is playing in the match.

He played one game, clean bowled George Bailey for 38.

Allegedly a few of them are out with injuries or nagging problems and have been rested. Not sure why they wouldn't bring someone over from the current Australia "A" tour though rather than pick someone who is playing English district cricket?

It now makes the claim from Victoria and South Australia supporters that New South Wales players get a free ride into the Australian team absolutely absurd.

We seem to be picking quite a few Sandgropers of late.

That's typical of Victoria though. The squad as it stands now is almost 25% Victorian listed players (Siddle, Pattinson, Rogers and Wade), second only to New South Wales. Victoria won't be happy until there are 17 Victorian players in the squad. Even then they'd still crack the shits.

Does anyone know that the first Ashes Test of the Ashes 2013-14 will be played on 21st November 2013 at Brisbane. Just two months gap between the two Ashes !!!!!!!!!!!. Has this ever happened before. :eek: Reference Cricinfo.

No, this will be the first time ever. This Australian leg was supposed to be in 14/15 as per the usual Ashes pattern but because the World Cup is scheduled to be held here in February-March 2015 both cricket boards decided to hold back-to-back Ashes series in order for both sides to play more one-day cricket so that they could both prepare better for the tournament.

Australia, England and India play a tri-series here in January/February 2015 as a warm-up to the World Cup.

Back