Barclay Shield 2013/2014

I liken them to fremantle, whilst they may not be the most exciting team whereby they blast 350, or tear through sides. They play pretty simple, smart cricket. They play the percentages. Bat all day, and you're going to have a pretty good target. Set strong fields and bowl to them, chances are the batsmen will make the mistake. You may not win every game, but chances are you will be in front more often than not.

I see them at middle to upper half of the ladder, but won't make the top 4 in their first year. But they will take a few scalps along the way. Once they get a better understanding of the other sides and players, they will be a force in the next season or two up there.

Well that was a silly comment from Tongs! Impressively definite, but definitely wrong.

Looking at the current ladder as it stands, if Mernda and Plenty both win this week, and North Eltham lose, then NEW would be relegated to money shield.

Given that they already have a team in money shield, and you can't have two teams in the one grade, does that mean that the club that finishes last in Money Shield gets saved?

Looking at the current ladder as it stands, if Mernda and Plenty both win this week, and North Eltham lose, then NEW would be relegated to money shield.

Given that they already have a team in money shield, and you can't have two teams in the one grade, does that mean that the club that finishes last in Money Shield gets saved?

Always a lot of 'if's' going into the final round, but I would think that would have to be the case.

Mernda must have been happy to take some points from the weekend, but given the scenario when the match was called off, maybe they could have taken the full 6 if it weren't for the rain.

After 15 mins of heavy rain the pitch was an inch underwater! Unlucky result but both teams happy with the 3 points.

I wonder how much interest/effort there was in trying to get the ground ready and suitable to play? In your game and the other.......

We wanted to play and went out to get the pitch ready but it was literally an inch under water at 5:45.

Not suggesting anything untoward happened, but if I do the math.... You said you had heavy rain for 15 min, and went out to the pitch and it was under water. This was at 5:45pm. So the rain came at 5:30 but only 20 overs had been bowled by that stage in the second dig? Why did it take that long to bowl the overs, when you were going at 3 an over? Just seems odd to me.

Also a good result for both teams putting them both out of relegation zone. But a loss to either team, would have put the loser in relegation threat.

As I said Rosanna will make top 4. Pretty much have the same bunch of blokes playing together that have over the last 4-5 years. Just shows that the top teams in local comps would all match it with each other. In with a big chance too, has any won won BS after winning MS?

Now who's potting teams and stirring the pot thongs, Pretty nasty accusations your making. Sqquuuueaaaaaak!

Stop being a child. Its not stirring the pot, nor am I making accusations. Given the time of year, its a fairly reasonable question to ask why only two games in the top three grades DVCA were washed out. Those two games contained sides that had concerns over relegation.... And having gaining 3 points, it massively helps them save relegation.

Stop being a child. Its not stirring the pot, nor am I making accusations. Given the time of year, its a fairly reasonable question to ask why only two games in the top three grades DVCA were washed out. Those two games contained sides that had concerns over relegation.... And having gaining 3 points, it massively helps them save relegation.

The 2 games in question were also played in neighbouring suburbs compared to our 2's playing at home and not seeing rain at all. And our over rate wasn't the best in the first innings, chasing some leather early.

So Mighty Mouse is banned for a week. Anyone else who wants to troll, post rubbish and generally act like a clown will follow suit.

I must remind you all that you are presenting your club, teammates and your association by posting on here. Some of the recent posts made in this thread have been poor to say the least. Let's all focus on talking about cricket and the happenings of the association rather than engaging in petty fights and slanging matches.

I commend those posters who have stuck to the rules so far and encourage you to report any posts which you think cross the line.

Cheers guys.

The 2 games in question were also played in neighbouring suburbs compared to our 2's playing at home and not seeing rain at all. And our over rate wasn't the best in the first innings, chasing some leather early.

Yeah, fair point that they are both probably neighboring grounds. I wasn't accusing you guys of anything, you can't really do much to rig a game or anything these days with the umpires anyway, was just curious as to what happened.

Wow, the Fun Police have stampeded through this forum.

Lets Change it up a bit, interested in some thoughts

Best Keeper?

Best Slip Fielder?

Best Cover fieldsman?

Best All round fielder?

Best Opener?

Best dot ball bowler?

Best Captain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back