Breeno's Blog

Re: Breeno's Blog

I had to play in the 1sts this week as one of their players was injured.

In Juniors tonight, we lost the toss and bowled first. Our first wicket came pretty quickly but the 2nd and 3rd wicket partnerships were really good. At the tea break, they were 2/130ish.

I bowled two overs, 0/16, wasnt bowling bad, just sloggers, dropped catches and field placements saw me get smashed, I also jarred my knee just before my second over, but soldiered on.

We tore through them from then on in, with me bowling the last two overs and getting about 1/5, with another couple of dropped catches.

They ended up making about 190-200.

We had to face one over, after an argument they agreed to put spin on in bad light, and to our batsmens surprise, they were facing the opening bowler with the new ball bowling full pace.

We are 0/2 at stumps, I got four overs (which I was peeved at), 1/20 odd. I think Im slowly becoming the unluckiest bowler in our league.

Ill fill you in about seniors tomorrow.:)

Hard luck mate. But hey, at least you took a wicket. My team didn't take a single wicket in our first game. If you keep bowling well, your bound to get more overs, so, as you said, just keep soldiering on

Thanks Jimmy, but I should be getting a lot more overs in seniors and the second juniors team.

breeno;275001 said:
I had to play in the 1sts this week as one of their players was injured.

In Juniors tonight, we lost the toss and bowled first. Our first wicket came pretty quickly but the 2nd and 3rd wicket partnerships were really good. At the tea break, they were 2/130ish.

I bowled two overs, 0/16, wasnt bowling bad, just sloggers, dropped catches and field placements saw me get smashed, I also jarred my knee just before my second over, but soldiered on.

We tore through them from then on in, with me bowling the last two overs and getting about 1/5, with another couple of dropped catches.

They ended up making about 190-200.

We had to face one over, after an argument they agreed to put spin on in bad light, and to our batsmens surprise, they were facing the opening bowler with the new ball bowling full pace.

We are 0/2 at stumps, I got four overs (which I was peeved at), 1/20 odd. I think Im slowly becoming the unluckiest bowler in our league.

Ill fill you in about seniors tomorrow.:)

unluckiest bowler in the league?
i like ur blog and ur love for the game but dont overexaggerate mate

cricketsuperstar;275349 said:
unluckiest bowler in the league?
i like ur blog and ur love for the game but dont overexaggerate mate

I said slowly turning into the unluckiest bowler, sure there is definitely people more unlucky than me, I havnt counted how many time Ive been dropped off my bowling, but its at averaging twice every time I bowl.

Thanks for the good comments also, Ill keep everyone posted, and you play in Jika/NMCA dont you?:)

Juniors Last night got washed out when we were 0/70.

In seniors today, I was named at 3. One of our openers quickly fell so it was up to me and the other opener to steady the ship. We batted well, putting on a 90 run partnership when he fell for 61.

I batted til about the 32nd over (Of 40) and was bowled by a peach on 41.

We posted a score of 165.

The other team were in all sorts of trouble, when I came in at first change, I bowled 6 Very unlucky overs, having a dropped catch off me, and some very close play and misses, i bowled about 0/10.

He bowled them out for 130 odd.

Overall a good day for me.

Virender Right Arm Medium Fast
Right Hand Bat:)

Will post later today on last nights and todays game.

Seniors
Well today we lost a few quick wickets, and I came in at number 5. I was batting well, hitting everything off the middle, even hitting a nice cover drive for four, until I was bowled by an off spinners quicker ball when I was on 9. Pretty disappointing really.

We made 147, with our opener top scoring with 52.

When we bowled we started off well taking 2 quick ones. Then a big partnership was put on to have them about 2/60. I came on first change, and in my fifth over bowled their number 4 batsman.

We then didnt really do much and the other team making the runs in about 35 overs. I bowled 5 overs 1/7.

Juniors

Last night we were put in to bowl, in atrocious conditions for batting. I was given the new ball against the wind, and bowled a great 5 over spell, with 0/3 off 5 being unlucky to take a wicket.

We didnt take many wickets but at the drinks break they were 1/40 odd. We then tore through them, rolling them for 110. We were going to bat but took the bad light.

So overall this weekend I have bowled well, with 1/10 off 10 all up, but was disappointed with my low batting score after looking so good.

Today we were chasing 108.

We were 0/6 at the start of play, and lost a wicket at about 0/10. Then we put on a decent partnership, then losing another two quick ones to be 3/30ish. Then a good partnership was on and we kept going until about 70ish. We ended making the runs 6 down, and I came in at 9.

We had already won the match and the other team had their very bad bowlers on, so I didn't take it too seriously, I made 13* by the time we were bowled out.

Yepp opened the bowling last week, bowled 5 overs 0/3 I think. We ended up bowling them out for 108.

In seniors today we got put into bowl.

There opener put on a 40 odd run partnership, when I came on first change and took a wicket second ball. A couple overs later, I got another one LBW and they were about 2/45ish.

During my last over of the spell (my sixth) I got another two wickets to have all four of the wickets so far and they were 4/70 at drinks.

They batted well with the second changer taking three wickets, and then a runout came. They were 8/180 when I bowled another four overs (going for ten runs and no wicket), they were bowled out for 207.

In reply we are 3/40ish with all our wickets being lbw.

I finished with 4/18.

Back