Breeno's Blog

Re: Breeno's Blog

That's no good! My last match before Chrissy is the 21st and first game back is the 10th, so not much of a break for me.

Have you got many results in Juniors for your comp Jonesy? We've had 4 matches washed out by rain it sucks.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same here. I think we have finished only 2 games out of 5 this season.

But we're second on the ladder xD

Well good news, I have taken 23 wickets for the season, and both my teams are in the top 4, one of them guaranteed finals. Im in a rutt with the batting though with scores of, 0, 3*, 4, and 1.

Bad news is that this week, I had 3 dropped catches off me, but took 1/20 off 7 in seniors, on a tiny dry ground. Also in school cricket, I hurt my thumb dropping a catch, whats bad is, I went out to bat this week, and halfway through a shot, felt my thumb crack, and threw the bat through the ball (resulting in me getting out caught), I had to leave the game early to find out that my thumb is cracked.

I should be able to bowl, but I won't be able to bat much at all. Lucky it's my left (opposite) hand. Not good with finals coming up.

Well in seniors yesterday, I batted at 7(because of my thumb) and made a duck, smashed it to point, he took it very close to the ground.

I was raring to bowl after making a duck, and opened the bowling. My first two overs went for no runs, and the events that followed really pissed me off. I hit a guy on the full on middle twice, and hit him on the toe on middle once, in the space of two overs and the umpire gave it not out every single time. There was also another close call. Then he edges two through slip for four, and a dropped catch off my bowling. I ended up with 6 overs 0/21 and will be bowling again next week.

Not a good day of cricket for me, although my uncle from Wangaratta played his first match in 20 years and scored 78.

breeno;287821 said:
Today we batted first, I got bowled for a duck batting at4, and the team made 147, with our only scores being a 20, a 28 and extras.

We bowled and got off to a decent start, but the other team and one of their ones batsmen were tearing us apart. I took a wicket in the 28th over, and they were 4/141 chasing 147.

In my next over I took a wicket first ball, then a dot ball, then I took a hat trick, the last ball was almost a wicket aswell.

They need 3 runs next week with 2 wickets in hand, I quickly forgot about my duck:p

i played that game u bowled well.... you probz should of openedthe bowling, the opening bowlers wernt that good

Yeah he did really well, was a pretty high class indoor player in his time, hadnt played outdoor for since he was 14 though.

it doesnt matter really, i like the bat, if it is only 3"4 id hate to see what 3"10 feels like, i cant take it back now because i wrote my score on the back. lol, some of those fatso bats are 3"10 and above and they look bigger than mine.

Back