Breeno's Blog

Re: Breeno's Blog

breeno;281700 said:
In seniors today we got put into bowl.

There opener put on a 40 odd run partnership, when I came on first change and took a wicket second ball. A couple overs later, I got another one LBW and they were about 2/45ish.

During my last over of the spell (my sixth) I got another two wickets to have all four of the wickets so far and they were 4/70 at drinks.

They batted well with the second changer taking three wickets, and then a runout came. They were 8/180 when I bowled another four overs (going for ten runs and no wicket), they were bowled out for 207.

In reply we are 3/40ish with all our wickets being lbw.

I finished with 4/18.

BOWLING HEAT BREENO!
hopefully kookies have a win tonight true man?

We won the toss and chose to bat tonight.

One opener made 16, the other a duck.

Our number 3 and I (Batted at 4.) put on a 40 odd run partnership, and two balls after I hit a good straight drive for four, I got caught at point of a good cut shot (Guy caught it very low to the ground) for 17.

Collapse happened and we are 8/91, but rain called the game off for this week, so we have 19 overs next week to add to our score, then the other team bats.

I top scored so far. Bit dissapointed though, I should of at least made 30, was feeling great.

Had training tonight, One of the Seniors firsts players, was helping me and another bowler out with our actions, And I was bowling quicker already.

Batting wasn't so good though.

Today we batted first, I got bowled for a duck batting at4, and the team made 147, with our only scores being a 20, a 28 and extras.

We bowled and got off to a decent start, but the other team and one of their ones batsmen were tearing us apart. I took a wicket in the 28th over, and they were 4/141 chasing 147.

In my next over I took a wicket first ball, then a dot ball, then I took a hat trick, the last ball was almost a wicket aswell.

They need 3 runs next week with 2 wickets in hand, I quickly forgot about my duck:p

Wow, fair dinkum that is a bloody good effort! You must have been absolutly steaming in! Good job on the 5-for, now (no pressure) your going to have to pull it off next week :p

Wouldn't want to misfield one now, would you?

Well done mate, that's an amazing effort. Wowzah! Promotion on the cards?

Haha hopefully I get a promotion, but our 3rds are pretty good and I mightn't get much of a go, but yea 9 wickets in two weeks, 18 for the season, Im travelling well with the ball.

breeno we all no u bowl leg side crap get some tips from your mate jess the good one from your club

Tonight in Juniors I opened the bowling, and was bowling to some pretty good batsmen. It was one of them days when things weren't going my way and after our two openers and first changers bowled, the opposition was 2/102.

We should have bowled them out a lot earlier but due to some dropped catches (one from me) and poor fielding we found their tailenders making runs. I bowled a second spell and bowled to a bastman who plays in their 1s/2s (Seniors) and he slapped me everywhere with me only beating his bat 2 or 3 times.

They finished their 45 overs with 209 runs, and I finished with 8 overs 0/32ish.

Overall a poor day for my side and me, but head up, Ive got seniors tomorrow:)

In seniors I was bowling well but didn't get another wicket to add to my five for after being robbed of an LBW and a Dropped catch both against one of their 1s batsmen.

We tried to go for outright and three run outs in 4 overs saw me come in early, and off 30ish balls made 3*. I was feeling terrible couldnt see the ball whatsoever and when the game was called off due to rain I was glad.:)

Breeno,

Sad to read abt the bowling part.
Keep up the hard work and practice a lot.
U will get wickets and score runs...just keep it going.
Best of luck for the next game.

Virender

Cheers Virender, too bad It doesn't look like Ill have a match for 4 weeks due to the break.

Back