City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

No dramas here... you go to the home page, and then on the right hand side click 'ANA Cricket Show'.

Not happening for me. Had a quick look at the site while I was there. Having been responsible for the housekeeping of the HWCC website the past 12 months it gives a good indication of the time & effort that goes into them. One can't help but be mightily impressed by whoever is doing the job at ANA. Kudos.

Just had a wild thought, with the wide rules, how about not trial it in the 20/20 comp this season and then look at it next season for all games after discussing it with all clubs????
The dimentions are the biggest problem, its just too thin, we got it all up in the nets on Tuesday night at Elwood and i must say i played and missed a couple of times and all of the would be called wides, we started joking that we are going to ban all cut and cover drives as its safer to just the the wide!!!
We as a competition need to fine ways to make life better for the umpires, with our umpiring stocks slowly diminishing we need to find a way to boost numers. We can't afford to lose any more umpires, but I belive its just too narrow and will affect the game and therefore more focus on the umpires. Also are we to assume that the 45cm each way is the way it is for round 1 or waiting on an annoucement?
Also concerning the 3 strikes, we didn't cover it on Monday night but can you appeal the first or second strike or only the third??? Does anyone know for sure the rules on this one???

slegnidnhoj;409519 said:
Bunter bowl at the stumps and keep your mouth shut and you will be fine!! :D

Slegnidnhoj, who are you anyway, and I'd bowl at the stumps if i could control the ball

StrangeThings;408948 said:
Challengers to East Sandringham rise up - Cricket - Sport - Bayside Leader

Alex Zaia should bounce back from a disappointing season and young quick James Coles and Ben Humphrey will spearhead the pace attack.

Saw this old article while i was scrumaging through my garage the other day. Whatever ever happened to the above two players? Dont even have a clue who Ben Humphrey is and James Coles has been disapointing the last two years will he be around? What happened to Tim Doherty aswell remember him being another young quick down at Bentleigh?

I can shed some light here. Humphrey was a promising (but erratic) young quick. Injured his back in rd 1 or 2 and that was it. A talented footballer (A grade Ammo’s) who I am told is doing a doing a VFL pre-season and unlikely to be seen again. Doherty likewise a talented footballer and like many sees cricket as a ‘social’ rather than serious past time during summer. Talented but not particularly committed. Coles came back late last season and still very sharp but has other priorities.

Regarding an earlier query about Jarryd Allan. Was a gun junior who had a run in the lower grades at Prahran. Continuing the theme of talented footballers he gave cricket away to concentrate on footy. Played TAC at the Dragons and is now on the list at the Sandy Zebras. A very handy keeper/batsman. Hope this helps.

Evening All,

Uncle Mick how are you going with those tips and also any thoughts on how I can go back to the previous forum.I am sure the custard pot is itching to award the trophy named in his honour to either you or I.

It looks like the nursey could be full this season as the child will be joined by quite a few newbies who already match his sillyness.

Did venture onto the hopelessly inadequate navy & sky blue website to see if they have updated anything re wides rules etc and stumbled across Barrack's tome in March promising regular updates.Still waiting!!

A bit of research shows that Premier cricket have 1 foot ( 30.48 cm ) legside lines and 75cm offside lines only in their one day comp.Just seems Barrack and his directionless hench man have come up with another knee jerk reaction.If my fading memory serves me correctly a cohort of Archie's while masquarading as a BBQ tried to bring in this line rules for one day play to simply the task of the adjudicating BBQ's but was obviously before his time.It was a topic that Arch and I chewed the fat over on many a subhurbian boundary line during Melbourne's winter subhurbian football season.

Adam how has the Oasis 4 come up as I haven't had the chance to get the golden lab down your way for a walk but did site the ugly fences surrounding the Royal oval during winter.MUst say the sagpies are making the Go Dees form look good as they attempt to loose another one day in October!

Will the over paid trumpeter do anything about accreditation which may help retain ,improve and teach something to the dwindling nos?

Applications and expression of interest are now open to all except the profanitist and any others I don't like for the Merlot Horlicks tipping competition.As usual I will make the rules up as I go but the main rule will be tips must be in by Peter Peter Friday with a minus 2 penalty for late entries no exception.Will one of the Jamos be back to lock horns with Vinnie the defending title holder and was his football season down on the highway of higher qualty than custard pots down by the dark stone.so many questions so few answers.

Once we get this game of aierial ping pong out of the way bring on a big summer of cricket where Merl is hoping to re visit the Bronze/Tin age as I bait the hook and get Dolly ready with the Gaf

Until next time.....vino sipping poster....Prof Merlot

I have it on good authority that this new wide rule will be scrapped for the H&A season come round 1. We may see it in the T20 comp but def not in H&A unless Demetriou see's it on here and his ego get's in the way and decides to enforce it.

Vino sipping poster

That seems like the logical thing to do. After seeing it last night, I can't help but think someone got confused with the measurement. It looks quite reasonable for leg side wides, but not so for the off side. I'm all for trialling new things, but they've got this one wrong. Hopefully by next weekend they've scrapped it, or at the very least made an adjustment to the off side measurement.

Uncle Mick, we have some good people in Gino Fulco & Mick Whelan who spend countless hours a week continually updating our website to keep it relevant. We're lucky to have such volunteers. All I can say is that clubs shouldn't sit back as a website is never finished.

Merlot, the Royal Oasis has the turf layed, with a brand new pitch. Things are slightly uneven under foot, and we are still waiting for the council to top soil it and level the ground. I can't imagine it being up and running until November at best. Bailey Park for us I'd assume.

Uncle Mick;409567 said:
That seems like the logical thing to do. After seeing it last night, I can't help but think someone got confused with the measurement. It looks quite reasonable for leg side wides, but not so for the off side. I'm all for trialling new things, but they've got this one wrong. Hopefully by next weekend they've scrapped it, or at the very least made an adjustment to the off side measurement.

My understanding is that it is meant to be either 750 or 900mm from the middle stump but demetriou got it wrong.
The exec have noticed the back lash but are not surprised as the only person who brought the rule in with out consultation was Demeriou, it is encouraged by all clubs to write a email to the association expressing there displeasure at the new rule and the association's hand will be forced to scrap it.

But at this point in time there is no guarantee's it will be scrapped unless all club's express there displeasure before Rd1

Vinno sipping poster bla

Sugar;409569 said:
Merlot, the Royal Oasis has the turf layed, with a brand new pitch. Things are slightly uneven under foot, and we are still waiting for the council to top soil it and level the ground. I can't imagine it being up and running until November at best. Bailey Park for us I'd assume.

Sugar,
Bailey was deemed unplayable due to the soccer pitch being 'too roughed up' and so-called 'shortening' of the ground due to the new aquatic centre. Hence Washington are playing out this year at Caulfield Park #6....
It was our preferred option also as it was close to Packer and therefore easier to get some numbers back to the clubbies...... much harder now! :(

I see on the CMCA website that the wide rule will stand, but the measurement has doubled. Good to see common sense has prevailed.

Evening All,

Uncle Mick any time before the next footy season will be fine for your tips tally just so custard pot can deliver the goods.

Not sure about a dynasty with the sagpies as the Go Dees will sort them out next season and they were only playing the eaybeats from Moorabbin who always have two left feet in the big dance.

The plagarist hammer, get some new material, stop using Merl's call sign.

I hear on very good authority that one of the Jammos polled very well in the SFL B & F.Is it our Jammo?

THe launch of the Merlot Horlicks Tipping competition with rules made up as I go and not sure of Barrack and Hiliary's draw as there is nothing listed under fixtures but I was redirected to Hiliarys page and I believe these are the games you need to tip in by no later than Peter Peter Friday.Clocker I am sure you can correct me if I have the wrong draw and I am looking forward to an improved showing from you this year.

Longy

Hampton Cent v Le Page
Bent Unit v Kingston Heath
Bent ANA v East Sandy
Elwood v Bri Union
Omega v West Bent
Mackie v Carnegie Sth

Wooly

East Sandy v Bent Ana
Highett West v Moo West
Hamp Utd v Wash Park
Cluden v Omega
Bri Union v Asp Ev RSL
Chelsea Hts v Bent Utg

Good luck to all that I accept into this coveted competition as there are a couple already with black marks who will be looking on from the side line.

Archie Archie where art thou ? Time for a re appearance with many other hibernation bears, not that Merl's winter performance was any thing to go by!

Barrack and his cohorts have been left red faced over the wide debacle with even the trumpeter having no idea of what to advise the BBQ's!
How many steaks have we got on the BBQ this year and did nos increase or decrease.I see the gun is still a lesser version of Barrack and continues in charge of the BBQ's, while a lady on the tram did tell me one BBQ has left a 'very large hole ' in the ranks with his sudden departure from the ranks.

Merl's back and firing ready to take on both the old and newbies in the forum with the boy from the stockard ready to serve it up to the tin can alley mob

Bring it on

until next time...... keep searching...... vino sipping poster ..Prof Merlot

bit early for tips but ah well.

Longy

Hampton Cent v Le Page
Bent ANA v East Sandy
Elwood v Bri Union
Omega v West Bent
Mackie v Carnegie Sth

Wooly

East Sandy v Bent Ana
Highett West v Moo West
Hamp Utd v Wash Park
Cluden v Omega
Bri Union v Asp Ev RSL
Chelsea Hts v Bent Utg

Merl, my good man. As soon as I work out how to paste pictures you'll have them.

Tips are:
Longmuir
Hampton Cent v Le Page
Bent ANA v East Sandy
Elwood v Bri Union
Omega v West Bent
Mackie v Carnegie Sth

Woolnough
East Sandy v Bent Ana - let's hope they remember the 4 piece ball this time.
Highett West v Moo West
Hamp Utd v Wash Park
Cluden v Omega
Bri Union v Asp Ev RSL
Chelsea Hts v Bent Utg

Longy

Hampton Cent v Le Page
Bent ANA v East Sandy
Elwood v Bri Union
Omega v West Bent
Mackie v Carnegie Sth

Wooly

East Sandy
v Bent Ana
Highett West v Moo West
Hamp Utd v Wash Park
Cluden v Omega
Bri Union v Asp Ev RSL
Chelsea Hts v Bent Utg

Longy Selections:

Le Page to get off to a flyer.Young Greer will be a much needed addition to the Panthers bowling stocks.If not injured he will be a handful early in the year and can be a damaging batsman down the order.

Uniting with their star studded batting line up, will easily account for the Golf club. Another step in the development of the Golfers.

Juggernaut to get their season started with a win. Where this game will be played nobody knows.Could it be the East Sandy Secondary like last season?

A reunion of sorts, but rest assured this one will be a grudge match with Ano making a return to the Beach oval. Too much on the line for the Hoops and they will win.Moose will have his backroom men making sure he has the numbers.

Hmm this one is interesting.Omega are just to disciplined in the field and will just edge out the distracted Cowboys.

Real danger game for the Oasis.The Spiders play the one day version very well, and are well drilled in the field. Have to select the Oasis but watch this game, as it could be the surprise result of the round.

Wooly

Bent Ana (Royals)
Moorabbin West
Wash Ups
Cluden
Hoops
Bent Utg (Gold Class) will give the new kids on the block a worthy welcome. If Brad Lockhart gets going it could be an interesting day for the Royals.
:D

CLOCKER;409741 said:
Longy Selections:

Le Page to get off to a flyer.Young Greer will be a much needed addition to the Panthers bowling stocks.If not injured he will be a handful early in the year and can be a damaging batsman down the order.

Uniting with their star studded batting line up, will easily account for the Golf club. Another step in the development of the Golfers.

Juggernaut to get their season started with a win. Where this game will be played nobody knows.Could it be the East Sandy Secondary like last season?

A reunion of sorts, but rest assured this one will be a grudge match with Ano making a return to the Beach oval. Too much on the line for the Hoops and they will win.Moose will have his backroom men making sure he has the numbers.

Hmm this one is interesting.Omega are just to disciplined in the field and will just edge out the distracted Cowboys.

Real danger game for the Oasis.The Spiders play the one day version very well, and are well drilled in the field. Have to select the Oasis but watch this game, as it could be the surprise result of the round.

Wooly

Bent Ana (Royals)
Moorabbin West
Wash Ups
Cluden
Hoops
Bent Utg (Gold Class) will give the new kids on the block a worthy welcome. If Brad Lockhart gets going it could be an interesting day for the Royals.
:D

Clock i am hearing the Heighter's have a list minute inclusion to strengthen there side? I don't know the details but i am hearing someone from abroad, can anyone fill me in on this as it may be just what the heighters need to take the step up the ladder and fight for promotion yet again!!

Yep back again in the tipping Merlot been watching the site with interest over the red leather season but haven't really posted much. Yes did have a good season won my club's B&F so was happy from a personal point of view. Team could've done a little better but there's always next year (as Saint Nick said yesterday to the Moorabbin faithful).
Anyway thought I'd get my tips in early- off on my footy trip again on Thursday....Gold Coast awaits this time! Will only get filthy and can guarantee I probably won't log on here until late next week if I wake from my hibernation / hangover. These trips do take a while to recover especially when your getting older. Can't wait to smash down a few frothies though and see the Gold Goast metre maids haha!

Longmuir:
Le Page
Bent Uniting
E.S.B.C.
Brighton Union
Omega
Mackie

Woolnough:
Bent ANA
Moorabbin West
Washington Park
Omega
Asp/Edi RSL
Bent Uniting

Good luck all teams for the new season- see ya when I'm sober!

Back