City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Seems like the most logical thing to do. 3 rounds were fixtured to be completed by October 23 as it was. However, I heard from our Secretary at about 11am after he'd just spoken to John Adamson and he was of the belief the announcement made at the captain's meeting tonight would be that Rd.8 will be split into 2 weeks of one-dayers. I guess all will be revealed tonight. Anyway you look at it, it appears we'll be playing 3 one-day matches this year to compensate for the lost week.

What of the Cricket Show on Sunday, Jimmy? Does the show get pushed back a week as well?

Uncle Mick;409255 said:
Seems like the most logical thing to do. 3 rounds were fixtured to be completed by October 23 as it was. However, I heard from our Secretary at about 11am after he'd just spoken to John Adamson and he was of the belief the announcement made at the captain's meeting tonight would be that Rd.8 will be split into 2 weeks of one-dayers. I guess all will be revealed tonight. Anyway you look at it, it appears we'll be playing 3 one-day matches this year to compensate for the lost week.

What of the Cricket Show on Sunday, Jimmy? Does the show get pushed back a week as well?

Big Bumper Season Preview edition I guess Unc!! Might have to get you in to give out the Seeesame bars and Ballantynes chocolates and of course the four & twenties and the Tosca travel gear.

Can't complain about the seat, Row A, Ground level M10 (HFF)!

Was good to see all the "A-listers" photographed in the Sunday papers at the GF! (you know the Actors who know fark all about footy, messers Worthington and Edgerton) At Least Bana goes to a game or 2!

It's a wonder someone didn't wheel out a Pussycat Doll, or better still more pictures of the most insignificant woman in Melbourne, A. Fevola!

Might be just me, but can't get excited about cricket yet!

Bit of an omen that one Brian. Many good times had in M10!

Like you I'm finding it hard to get motivated. I'm sure things will change once the footy finishes.

How's everyone's training numbers?

Evening All,

Uncle Mick I am trying to finalise our footy tipping comp that all the others bailed out on.

I am currently missing tips for you from

Rd 9
rd 10
rd 11
rd 12
rd 13

and please confirm
the following:

Rd 14 8
Rd 15 7
Rd 16 5
Rd 17 5
Rd 18 6
rd 19 4
Rd 20 missing
Rd 21 missing
rd 22 missing

Happy to accept your tips from your afl comp as I am sure the old mustard pot will want to hand over the Hamburgler Photo idenikit trophy to either you or I! PERSONALLY!!!!!!

I tried but failed to find the forum before this one and may have to get the Grand kids to earn a bit of holiday pocket money by locating the old forum and your tips!! for the old boy.

I see the backside boy wants to know about the tipping comp he won't be part of and the big question is will the two stone lighter child who is no doubt quite upset that the footy season has dragged on another week get a game in the miliion dollar side that will surely reduced gold park to bronze or tin park park this season.

Vinnie will be defending the Merlot Horlicks trophy once he gets his head around the fact the cricket season is about to start and forgets about his footy activities for 6 months.

Not sure where Merl's invite to the big opening of the magic carpet ride oval that was in magnificent condition when Merl took the lab for a walk while visiting the neighbour hood recently.It is certainly a step up from fanta pants park down there in Herald st.

I see Clocker has got the quill working again and was surprised he joined the rabble in forgetting to put his tips but Merl needs to take responsibility for failing to update the competition regularly and forumsters loosing interest.

All are welcome to enter the MHT tipping competition for Longy and Wooly matches apart from the BSB who has a life time ban and I am still not sure how he has managed to remain on the forum?

Merl's back and no doubt my good friend Archie will be back full of beans after a fairly quiet winter of drinking at the many local ovals in the south eastern subhurbs.

I am looking forward to locking horns with a few of these newbies and some of the old staggers who will need more than a court order or a burglerless threat to unravel the mystery that is Merlot.

until next time......keep searching....vino sipping poster....Prof Merlot

Haaaaaa Merl i just got of the phone to uncle mick and he ran me through his tips from Rd1-Rd22 and he said he ended up on 176tips and if you count finals he has 185 and yes he did tip the draw in the GF.

Brian do you know worthington and edgerton because i am just wondering how you know they know feck all about football and who judges that you know more then them????

Just got news through that Round 1 will now be played first week after christmas on the 8th on Jan, and Round 8 will now be a one dayer played on the 15th of Jan, all other fixtures will remain the same.
Also biggest point out of the Captains and Umpires night is that now there will be wide lines painted for all senior games, they will be 45cm either side of middle stump, any thoughts on that?? The rule will be the same for both one and 2 day games ...

Merlot,
The last tips I lodged was for the Round 13 spilit round. I have checked and you and I were the only people to lodge our tips on time.In fact Merlot you and I were the only ones to submit our Round 12 tips. There were many who submitted their tips late, which takes away from the competition.It was pointless to continue.I just wish the TAB would adopt this enlightened attitude as my success rate in selecting quaddie's would greatly increase.With respect to the drawn Grand Final I cannot understand the whining.Everyone knows the rules.There have been three drawn Grand Finals in 110 years.If we accept the concept that a Grand Final is played in over time then it follows that the draw has to be eliminated from our game.Yet another change to the fabric of our game. No doubt if this occurs there will be clubs whining when they have to play overtime in a home and away game and only have a five day break. Is it any wonder many people of my vintage are turning their back on the game, as it has become so Amercianized it makes me physically sick. It won't be long before we have 'time outs', 22 players on the interchange bench, defensive and offensive teams which are brought on when the time outs are called, quarters which are played over 10 minutes, but the game runs for 3 hours as the television networks gouge every advertising dollar.The once loved one on one contest has gone the way of the dinosaur and we now have athletes who just run up and down the ground blocking space and picking up cheap kicks.What a pity Round 1 has been cancelled as there were some tantalising clashes scheduled. There would have been a huge crowd down at Centenary Park to watch the Juggeranut play the Gold Class and a lot of interest down at the Oasis to watch Mackie and the Hoops.Everyone will have to wait until the New Year.

Mjbunty;409333 said:
Just got news through that Round 1 will now be played first week after christmas on the 8th on Jan, and Round 8 will now be a one dayer played on the 15th of Jan, all other fixtures will remain the same.
Also biggest point out of the Captains and Umpires night is that now there will be wide lines painted for all senior games, they will be 45cm either side of middle stump, any thoughts on that?? The rule will be the same for both one and 2 day games ...
Initial thoughts are it's yet another rule change that favours the batsmen. However, looking forward to the challenge. Some young clown last night wouldn't shut up about it. He kept carrying on about his experience with the rule elsewhere. I'm all for trialling something to get some consistency in wide calls. Let's just see how it plays out in the CMCA before we get too critical of it.

Merl - I finished the season on 121, I think. Will check the website and get a snapshot posted up. For what it's worth, I won the 2 other comps I was in for a handy little September bonus - which I needed after sitting through another Elimination Final the Blues threw away.

Clock - couldn't agree more with what you've said.

Uncle Mick;409367 said:
Initial thoughts are it's yet another rule change that favours the batsmen. However, looking forward to the challenge. Some young clown last night wouldn't shut up about it. He kept carrying on about his experience with the rule elsewhere. I'm all for trialling something to get some consistency in wide calls. Let's just see how it plays out in the CMCA before we get too critical of it.

Uncle Mick,

The "young clown" is a law enforcement officer (like me), from a coastal club.

I'm not sure what your point is T.O.B? I was merely pointing out that he was carrying on about the rule and his experience elsewhere.

Uncle Mick;409367 said:

Merl - I finished the season on 121, I think. Will check the website and get a snapshot posted up. For what it's worth, I won the 2 other comps I was in for a handy little September bonus - which I needed after sitting through another Elimination Final the Blues threw away.

Clock - couldn't agree more with what you've said.

My view from last night was that there was a lot of constructive criticism, isn't the point of the meeting last night to get the umpires and players together and get everyone on the same line, rule changes can decide game and if issues arn't brought up at the meetings whats the point of attending???
In the long run this rule will favour most people in the CMCA, it will make the umpires job easier is deciding what is and isn't a wide, it will help eliminate wide bowling, but my only issue with it is that its only 33.75cm from the offstump, the stumps are 22.5cm wide, so its really just more than a set of stumps outside the offstump that we will need to hit all day for 72 overs, and that young 13/14yo kids will need to hit, my major issue and the generally consessis from last night is that is too harsh, hopefully the CMCA can have a furthur look into it and if they decide it is right then so be it, it will be the rule but surely last night was the time to query it?

I can only assume by your posts that you are "Marshall" and from the sign in name perhaps even Marshall Bunting.
One can understand your concern for the rule given your experiences elsewhere and I agreed with where you were going. However, it was getting repetitive by the end of the night. You'd made your point, they'd made theirs and it seemed pretty clear to myself and those sitting in my vicinity that this would be a trial, yet it felt like we were going in circles on it. As previously mentioned, let's just see how it goes in the CMCA and they've agreed to have an open mind about a possible change to the rule during the season.
I must say I was bemused by Benny and his jets not being aware of the actual measurements. Surely, you do your research on this and have a definite answer. If not for the Grand Final Replay this weekend, we'd all be playing on the premise of a rule where they aren't sure of actual measurements.

How does everyone think this new rules will help/hinder some clubs?, eg. Cluden will be used to having to bowl on a piece of string.

slegnidnhoj (hope I spelt that correctly)

The point I was making was that those two guys (Worthington and Edgerton) were taking seats from club members that go week in, week out and were unable to get a ticket. It's fair to say they weren't the only ones, just the only two I recognised. I wouldn't mind betting that they didn't pay for their tickets either.

I personally don't care what they know (or not) about the game, just found it bemusing that they were in the "socials" appearing at the GF. :cool:

Apologies if I offended you.

No need to apologies Brian.

Though i understand your need and reason to assume they are not club members as some celebs/sports people get gifted a membership and tag as the number membership holder at there supported club.

But i would not be surprised at the fact that certain sports stars or celebs actually fork coin out for there yearly membership so who knows......i think it is good though for there football club's as they seem to add exposure to there club's abroad.

Rob Lowe
Shane Warne
Geoff Ogilvy
Eric banna

add great exposure to there club abroad and the reality is if any supporter is desperate to support there club and go to the Afl Gf when there side makes it well it is quite easy. Pay up your yearly membership and pay for the entitlements that grant you access to GF tickets (simple really)

Mjbunty congrats on staying at the Woods this season despite shopping yourself around for the 5th consecutive season for nothing but the boost of your ego, but i am genuinely happy to see you stay at the woods.

It also appears that the Ommies have lost young up and coming talent Alex Bychkov to district cricket after he was starting to show some signs late in the season in Longmuir cricket.

Bumped into the big Moose who was seen at Brighton Mazda buying a sports car late last week with a blank check written by Brighton Union Cricket Club, The lad clearly is on a good paddock on field and off field.

Vino sipper........bla bla bla

We marked out the new wide lines in the nets tonight......

Verdict, what a joke!!!

Sides will easily be bowling 5-10 overs extra a week if policed strictly by the umpires, Phil Cox is the CMCA version of Andrew Demetriou he just wants people to remember him and his impact he makes on the association. Really hope he has the courage to stand up and admit he got this one wrong and scraps is ASAP!

Anyway i thought any new rule changes get's voted on by the club's, am i incorrect in believing that?

slegnidnhoj;409402 said:

Verdict, what a joke!!!

Sides will easily be bowling 5-10 overs extra a week if policed strictly by the umpires, Phil Cox is the CMCA version of Andrew Demetriou he just wants people to remember him and his impact he makes on the association. Really hope he has the courage to stand up and admit he got this one wrong and scraps is ASAP!

Anyway i thought any new rule changes get's voted on by the club's, am i incorrect in believing that?

JohnDingels - Couldn't agree more! Bat on leg stump and anything down the leg side is a wide. Maybe we could re-think the 55 over idea for ALL grades to compensate for all the extra balls bowled????

And as for being open to the idea of changing the rule mid season ( Mick said they would consider that prospect ) - what an even BIGGER joke! Lets play half the season and then change a rule, now that sounds like a logical thing to do.....

slegnidnhoj;409402 said:

Verdict, what a joke!!!

As it is a Trial and not a new rule therefore doesn't need to be voted on, thats why they said on Monday night, we put markers down at training tonight and at least 2 out of every 6 balls were wides, you can easily beat a bat playing a defensive stroke and it can be called a wide, hopefully it can be looked into and if we have to play a week or two with it fine, lets just hope no results are affected by it but surely it can't last for the whole season, will be interesting to watch what happens

Back