City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Tipping... cant win = dont care!!

good luck to Glen & his merry men for sunday, top effort.. anyone heading in (Homer/others, snd me a txt if you do?), im thinking about it depending how i pull up/ if im still alive after cricket in 37 degrees (& a mates engagement party)...

Go the Heighters!!

Round 10 Preview
Union over Heighters just (On last week’s form one would be a fool to select Union in any form, but they still should do enough to get the points as long as Pothitos or Kuzma gets amongst the runs)Carnegie South over Elwood just (On paper most would say the Spiders easily, but I would argue the Beach boys have grossly under-achieved in 2011-12 and may push the home side all the way. John Collison to prove the difference between the two sides).Uniting over ANA easily (ANA are an impossible side to select. One week they crumble against West Bentleigh and the next they crush Union. However, this game needs no analysis other than to hand another 6 points to the lads from Centenary Park).Le Page over Centrals just (Both teams’ need two wins in remaining games, albeit for differing reasons. Hampton will throw their entire arsenal at the Panthers but fall short due to the efforts of Greer, McConchie and De Silva).West over Mackie just (Sean Holmes looks forward to this fixture each year and the fact remains that Mackie have never beaten the Cowboys in Longmuir Shield. Current form would suggest my tip to be folly but West always find something against their Glen Eira counterparts. Sean Holmes for a big score and Chopper Reid to take a Michelle).East Sandy over The Heath comfortably (The golfers were cock-a-hoop after their resounding victory last time out, but meeting the Juggernaut on the rebound at their home patch will be taxing at the least. Luke Dallas to star in a big win).

Round 10 Review

2/6 (34/60 cumulative) was another pitiful return on my behalf in a round of results no one would’ve foreseen. When the bottom four teams win on the same weekend, it is equivalent to a triple dead heat at Flemington in a group race, so pundits were left flagging all-round. Full credit to Kingston Heath. I have grossly underestimated the Golfers in recent games and they have proven that the right blend of youthful exuberance and experienced heads can be a formidable combination, especially when most in the competition do not rate you highly. When one analyses the season of young Andrew Birt, consistency is the term that continues to protrude and his efforts against the East Sandy Boys showed maturity beyond his 18 years. The four is now settled and the Juggies have to rely on The Spiders slipping up if they are to secure the double chance. However the relegation tussle is still intriguing with technically five, but realistically two teams vying for survival due to percentage. The equation is quite simple; Centrals must beat ANA and hope for Elwood to slip up against Chelsea. A Beach Boys victory will ensure their survival and the Heighters will remain safe due to a sound percentage as compared to Centrals. The ‘x’ factor is an outright win which are as rare as hen’s teeth in Longmuir, so arguably shouldn’t be mentioned.

Round 11 Preview

Uniting over the Heath just (Who would’ve thought that a Keith Biggs inspired victory would have me reluctant to select Uniting. Surely the Golfers will not surprise again, but my analysis of their fate has been poor in recent times. Some may argue the Maroons will be focusing on their foray to the G, but I cannot bring myself to tip against. Glen Lalor to make a century).
ESBC over Le Page just (East Sandy are not playing well, but surely we will see them show some fight with the Double chance still up for grabs. Guy Martin has had a fine season and his form has been significant in most games).
West over Union just (Absolute flip of the coin, but the Hoops form post Xmas has lacked any conviction and the home side should do just enough. Chris Fidler to continue his good recent run)
Spiders over Mackie just (This is exactly the type of game Carnegie would’ve lost in years gone by, but not nowadays, as Collison’s men push on towards a finals assault. Gihan Perera to be prominent).
ANA over Centrals just (Hampton will naturally give their all but fall agonisingly short in a season which would’ve seen them avoid relegation in nearly any other year. Brad Dolman to rip through the Centrals and send them to Woolnough).
Elwood over Chelsea just (I will probably rue selecting the Beach Boys, but I still maintain they are a better side than 11th and Marshall has one last chance to redeem himself after a poor season by his standards. The Heighters have shown glimpses of what is required in this grade and will look to build on their experience for 2013).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Looks like a fair knock by L Manders yesterday, 180 and 1st man out at 1/213. Gardens end up 452 off 65 overs, whilst the qulaity of the opposition is clearly lacking, its still one thing to talk about doing it, its another to actually go out and execute.

Uniting lost by 30 runs
Wendouree made 111, our guys couldn't get out of second gear and hovered around the 4 runs per over mark throughout finishing at about 82 I believe, Lalor 39. Uniting should be very proud and they obviously gave a fine account of themselves.

Spot On Jimmy. Brilliant effort to reach the final and the "G".

Not a pleasant weekend for the Hoops. They all fielded and conceded a massive 1074 runs for the loss of 22 wickets.Saturday night cannot come quick enough for them.

In Woolnough the Royals need one wicket and then it is back to HRH King George Reserve whilst the senior have already won and if they were so inclined could go for an outright and guarantee outright 5th spot on the ladder.Four rounds ago they were in relegation trouble. Go figure!

Spiders look on track to securing the valuable double chance. The Golfers did well to compile 192 after reeling at 6/100 with Shiroman making 70 of these runs.They will have to bowl well against the formidable Uniting batting line up.

After a near catastrophic start, the Juggernaut got back on track to post 6/269 which will be enough. The Cowboys going along nicely at 1/100, imploded again and lost 4/5 against the Hoops before recovering to post 8/211cc. This should be an interesting finish.

The Beach Boys are safe from relegation and can now focus on trying to pick up the remaining 9 wickets to end the season on a high note. This will go down to the wire as well.

The Wash Ups sent out a formidable signal that they are ready for the finals by making 6/304 with young Verrall making his third ton for year and passing 500 runs. Amazing feat. It got too much for Hampton United losing 4/7 and game over. The Sharks will have to try for an outright or face the prospect of packing a lunch to travel to Aspendale for the first final.

Not to be outdone Mr Manders thanks to his third century and reached 740 runs for the season as he slaughtered the hapless Hoops. I am not sure they needed 452 runs and should have considered putting the Hoops in to have a hit and make in roads into the their fragile batting line up and set themselves up for an outright. The Wash Ups would have to favourties to achieve this and possibly host a final.

Neither the Weststars or Uniting want to play finals...or so it seems. Both teams batted in the hot stiffling conditions and promptly imploded. Both games are all but over and the Weststars have to pull of a miracle and run through the remaining 8 batsmen with less than 40 runs on the board. They have done it before, but it is looking very unlikely. Looks like the Ommies will have to go around again against Uniting but this time at the Brick.

In Quiney most of the games are on the line with some interesting results which ensures that next week there will be frantic calls being made to all the grounds.

Army's Wanderers have started well in their chase of 179 and have wiped 29 of the chase. They still have 141 to get; never an easy task with the season on the line.

The Spiders had to endure two veterans from Mackie making nusances of themselves, but the Spiders did well to dismiss them for 228. It has been a long time since veteran Tim Krotofil made a score.Pity because he can be a devastating batsman on his day.

Bentleigh Uniting at 6/60 and 9/103 were trying to emulate their Woolnough team mates but a last wicket partnership of 89 enable them to post a defendable 192. Heart breaking and frustrating for the Panthers and now the added pressure that the Ommies are well placed to beat Cheltenham Park.This will not be an easy chase with the frugal Milner heading the attack.

Finally the Washington Powerhouse just went along their merry way and are the team to beat in Quiney.

Any answers, how did Le Page Park loose last week, after seeing this weeks results , they must be gutted at friendship square i still cant believe it.

Any answers, how did Le Page Park loose last week, after seeing this weeks results , they must be gutted at friendship square i still cant believe it.

Nice clues Old Timer.. hows the lambs fry & bacon going!

Um...this weeks results!! -So your saying they will get the 270 Vs E/Sandy?? when they couldn't get 150 last game? Kinda don't make much sense.

if you want to take the piss, go right ahead (another faceless warrior, add him to the list i guess!!).. but don't do it via The Pagers !!

Current Tipping table at the half way mark of Round 11. I have highlighted the games where the tips have differed between the top 5.

JIMMY OLSON 36 * tipped Hoops & Beach Boys
QUASIMODO 35 * tipped Cowboys & Beach Boys
UNCLE MICK 35 * tipped Hoops & Beach Boys
IF I CAN I WILL 35 * tipped Cowboys & HeightersPETER PARKER 35 * tipped Golfers, Cowboys & Heighters

The prestigious CMCA tipping competition has reached its zenith and it comes down to the last day of the last round in what promises to be an interesting finish.
Well done Gents.

Didn't think this one through too well! Had I paid a bit more attention I would've gone the upset to gain the edge over Jimmy. Well played, Quasi. Although I still favour the Hoops to chase down 211 at Victory Park.

Nice clues Old Timer.. hows the lambs fry & bacon going!

Um...this weeks results!! -So your saying they will get the 270 Vs E/Sandy?? when they couldn't get 150 last game? Kinda don't make much sense.

if you want to take the piss, go right ahead (another faceless warrior, add him to the list i guess!!).. but don't do it via The Pagers !!

It was a combination of some good bowling by Maysie & Dish with some poor batting.
We were gutted after the game with our batting performance but credit where credit's due, they bowled well.

Rumour has it, a certain L.Manders will be returning to Longmuir Shield next year... Not with Aspendale Gardens and nor the old club East Sandy. I have been informed from a reliable source that he will be playing his cricket at Chelsea Heights next season after accepting a ''big money offer''. Good luck to Luke and the heights, they should be a real strong outfit next season with the youth of players like Adam Hume and Calum Dodson complimenting the quality of Ezzard, Lockhart and Manders.

Big get, if true. Not sure he'd be keen on that coming out on the eve of a finals campaign with the Gardens. Great to see Chelsea Heights really making a go of it at the top level.

It would be a great addition for them, not sure the gardens would be too happy with Chelsea Heights after stealing both Shelton and Manders. The heights definitely need some additions to their team if they are to make a go of it in Longmuir and targetting Manders really shows their intentions for next season.

Maybe he'd need to be put on a pay per game basis and huge bonuses for runs and wickets, hungover or not he'd surely be a great addition.

Back