City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

It would be a great addition for them, not sure the gardens would be too happy with Chelsea Heights after stealing both Shelton and Manders. The heights definitely need some additions to their team if they are to make a go of it in Longmuir and targetting Manders really shows their intentions for next season.

I was discussing with another poster earlier in the week that with Carnegie Sth and Kingston Heath both securing finals berths it makes them only the 4th and 5th teams to win Woolnough Premierships in the last 11 years to go on and contest finals in Longmuir. West Bentleigh made consecutive GFs in their first 2 years up, otherwise it's taken a while for clubs to push on once entering the top flight. Shows just how difficult the task is and perhaps highlights the distinct gap between the 2 grades.

Exactly right, there's a huge gap between the grades, somehow ive never experienced woolnough cricket but I have watched my fair share, it's clear to see the gap between the 2 grades and winning the Woolnough flag does not guarentee you success in the top grade. Unfortunately clubs from the lower grades have to attract proven Longmuir players or players of a similar standard if they are to stand any chance of success in the top grade.

The above is incorrect. The teams mentioned become only the 3rd and 4th teams to contest Longmuir finals on the back of Woolnough flags. ANA are the 5th team to come up, but they actually lost their Woolnough GF to Chelt Park back in 01/02.
Elwood - 10th season (10/11)
ANA (Woolnough Runners Up) - 5th season (06/07)??
West Bentleigh - 1st season (05/06)
Carnegie South - 6th season (11/12)
Kingston Heath - 3rd season (11/12)

I'm sure Mr Wilson can confirm the gap between Elwood's Wooly Premiership and first Longmuir finals appearance & ditto Sugar for ANA, but at a guess the above might be close.
Doesn't seem like that long ago people questioned whether Carnegie Sth should've been in Longmuir.

Good knowledge Mick, hopefully the heights can get into the finals in their 2nd season in Longy, with Manders at the helm it could be possible. No pressure Lukey.

The above is incorrect. The teams mentioned become only the 3rd and 4th teams to contest Longmuir finals on the back of Woolnough flags. ANA are the 5th team to come up, but they actually lost their Woolnough GF to Chelt Park back in 01/02.

I'm sure Mr Wilson can confirm the gap between Elwood's Wooly Premiership and first Longmuir finals appearance & ditto Sugar for ANA, but at a guess the above might be close.
Doesn't seem like that long ago people questioned whether Carnegie Sth should've been in Longmuir.

I also distinctly remember the same being asked about us.

Bit different with your mob, Leroy. They were full of kids and perhaps a little overwhelmed early on.

Back on the Manders scoop from Alfie. Just heard from the man himself it's not true. I'm sure he'll be on here soon to confirm as much.

Glad to hear Luke's staying at the gardens, he's doing a great job down there. Looks like my reliable sources is no longer reliable.

Uncle Mick, to clarify ANA's recent history, after being relegated in 98/99 we won Woolnough in 99/00 only to be relegated again in 00/01, were Woolnough runners-up in 01/02, and then finished Longmuir minor premiers in 02/03, only to go out in straight sets and finish 3rd. So Longmuir finals was technically our first season post Woolnough, but actually 3rd season post Woolnough flag. Following this we played finals in 04/05 (4th) and again in 06/07 (3rd). A rollercoaster of a decade.

Leroy, don't know whether you're fishing for compliments, but no one's ever questioned the Heath's validity in getting into Longmuir.

Very funny you should mention this 'JL' as i know through a few old friends down that way that mr manders has in fact been in very close contact over the past few weeks with some of the 'commitee members' down at the heighters. And i am sure your right that if he did taKe the move with his good friend Luke Shelton then indeed there may be a few people down at the gardners asking many a question behind the move, the first of which is how much are they giving you ?

Glad to hear there may be a glimps of truth behind the story Mr.Carneige. You're dead right though, the gardeners would be extremely p*ssed if Luke was to follow in his good friends shoes. They're both extremely talented cricketers but seem to follow the money... the only explanation for Lukes move to the gardeners. However, Luke is still an Aspendale Gardeners player and must keep his mind focused fully on the job of getting the gardeners up to Longmuir.

JL this is another reason in which i think it is a perculiar time for a move for Luke as if he does get the gardeners up to longmuir then the only reason for the move would merely be for money .. he has done alot for aspendale this year and there would be a few very very dissapointed in the move but of course he is a young lad and these days in particular they tend to follow the money ... it sounds like the heights are keen on making a big impression in their second year in longmuir fair play to them and luke for having the balls to leave

Lets just hope Luke finishes what he's started, a terrific young player and a good bloke however as they say Mr Carneige... 'Money talks'

Glad to hear there may be a glimps of truth behind the story Mr.Carneige. You're dead right though, the gardeners would be extremely p*ssed if Luke was to follow in his good friends shoes. They're both extremely talented cricketers but seem to follow the money... the only explanation for Lukes move to the gardeners. However, Luke is still an Aspendale Gardeners player and must keep his mind focused fully on the job of getting the gardeners up to Longmuir.
Anyone that knows what's going on or not going I should say,would know that both you too are talking absolute shit or your "reliable" sources are!

And the move to the gardens was because I moved houses and played at my junior club , so that's just another bit of shit you guys are talking about "following money"

sorry for jumping to conclusions lukey, just got told from a few of my old friends you had been in talks and then JL mentioned he heard the same rumours ,,, great young talent i hope you can take through your form into the finals

Luke, this is an open page where people can discuss and clarify cmca rumours and speculation. Apologies if I have offended you and good luck to you and your team for the rest of the season :D

To burger you got me wrong my comment was that le page failed against Hampton central, and hampton central had a stinker this week oh well, i will stay off now after i posted about a cmca commitee man talking up a relegation game and knowone was interested, i gathered it was a bit of boys club on here and me being Old i dont fit in . Good luck to uniting in the finals and the ommies it would be good to get a strong club back into longy.

Old Game, it has been an up and down season for some teams, you are right about 1 thing, the Centrals were worse than stink last week, they looked shell shocked and disinterested.
Granted they probably didn't think they were going back out in the field, but when they did, it was a pretty poor show.
Will be interested how they go in the secong dig ?
It will also be interesting in Wooly, finals are evenly poised, but whoever wins and goes up will need to aquire at least 2 to 3 quality players to be competitive.
There are also strong rumours that at least 3 clubs already have secured or about to secure some higher level players for next season.

JL n Mr Carnegie, think about it. Luke has strong links down at Chelsea heights with some great mates there who he spends alot of time with n drinks with. Now I can see Luke on the piss drinking having a laugh n the heightens boys trying to sign him up for next year n so they should try they would be stupid not to, no doubt like would have had some drinks with the odd commitee member who probably would have tried to find out what they need to offer him n knowing Luke, under a few drinks he would have perhaps run with it n seen it as a laugh n nothing more.
He has 2 things on his mind, 1 winning woolnough which he set out to do from day one, 2 getting over here to the uk for the English season, anything else is not even in his thoughts I would suspect.

Back