City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Any news on how the U21's went?

Also great stuff from Luke Manders on Saturday , taking 8-49 off 29 overs (+10mds) , he bowled from the same end at Cluden all day, our guys had no clue against his great line and length.

Now takes his figures in Wool' 25 wickets @ 10.9 , including figures of 15/92 in the past 2 games (46.1 ov)

Maybe you should head down to aspendale and give him a massage too Matty ! A 180 balls he bowled at your mob .... He should have got 10 fa !! What a joke !!!!!

Maybe you should head down to aspendale and give him a massage too Matty ! A 180 balls he bowled at your mob .... He should have got 10 fa !! What a joke !!!!!
If Jason Mills finds out that someone(Matty B)posted that dribble congratulating someone from another club he'd throw them off the West Gate.

As a prelude to the Under 21 Wright Shield final being held tomorrow, here is the last victorious CMCA 1995/1996 team that managed to obtain a premiership medal in what appears to be controversial circumstances. It would be great to have a precise of the match. It looks like would have been an ‘interesting’ encounter.

It is difficult to conceive that 16 years have passed since this feat was accomplished. There are probably a few players who cannot remember playing in the match!

Has the Executive ever organized a reunion of sorts for the premiership/Grand final teams? It would certainly be a good night with some interesting stories and a great way to commemorate the participants. At the very least if someone could pen the history into the CMCA website of not only the premiership teams but the runners up it would serve as a history that could be looked back upon rather than just fade away. Any way all the best to the Under 21’s tomorrow and let’s hope the rain stays away.

The 1995/96 CMCA Under 21 team that won the Neil Wright Shield.

Stephen Peake - Hampton United (captain)
Gary Harvey - Bentleigh ANA (vice captain)
Matt Dwyer - Washington Park:
Stuart Campbell - Mackie
Michael Major - Bentleigh Uniting
Craig Park - Mackie
Brendan Clarke - Mackie
Ryan Pereira - West Bentleigh
Ben Clark - West Bentleigh
Jonathan Guttman - Bentleigh Uniting
Simon Meredith - Omega
Adam Stone - Bentleigh ANA
Adam Kain - Bentleigh ANA
Peter Morrell - Bentleigh Uniting

1980/81 City of Moorabbin / Footscray1981/82 Sunshine / Western Suburbs United Churches
1982/83 Federal District / Footscray
1983/84 Ringwood & District / Western Suburbs United Churches
1984/85 Dandenong District / Northern & Combined Churches
1985/86 Eastern Suburbs / Northern Districts
1986/87 Abandoned - Rain
1987/88 City of Moorabbin / Ringwood & District
1988/89 Eastern Suburbs / Dandenong District
1989/90 Jika-Preston / East Suburban Churches
1990/91 Sunshine / Dandenong District
1991/92
1992/93 Eastern Suburbs / City of Moorabbm
1993/94 Sunshine / Dandenong Distnct
1994/95 Sunshine / Dandenong District
1995/96 Joint Premiers City of Moorabbin/Dandenong District1996/97 Dandenong District / Sunshine
1997/98 Sunshine / Dandenong District
1998/99 Ringwood & District / Dandenong District
1999/00 Victorian Turf CA (Sth) / Ringwood & District
2000/01 Diamond Valley / City of Moorabbin
2001/02 Diamond Valley / Dandenong District
2002/03 Dandenong District / Diamond Valley
2003/04 Dandenong District / Eastern CA
2004/05 Box Hill Reporter District CA / Diamond Valley
2005/06 Diamond Valley / Box Hill Reporter District CA
2006/07 Diamond Valley / Victorian Turf CA (Nth)
2007/08 Jika CA / Eastern CA
2008/09 Dandenong District / City of Moorabbin
2009/10 Dandenong District / Northern Metropolitan (formerly Jika CA)2010/11 Dandenong District / Victorian Turf CA (Nth)

:)

2011/12 CMCA PREMIERS!!!!

Wright Shield Williamstown District all out 103, Birt 4/5, Hulston 3/, Manders 3/, a fine display also from Shelton found big interest resulting in invite from the Dandenong club reps at game to have a crack there. CMCA were cruising at 3/77 or so but got the shakes and were 8/91. Willy had their chances but missed them and we got home amid a McFlurry of dropped catches and missed run outs 8 down, Hardaker played key knock for about 30. Great win by the lads and congrats to Bruce, Luke and all the boys who represented the CMCA with flair and class. Luke Manders & Callum Dodson selected to represent VMCU Metro against country rep team at Seymour next Sunday.

Played in the 2000-2001 final as a 17year old where Diamond Valley beat us easily, trying to remember who played in it, hopefully UM can help me out!!

Myself
Damien Casey
Uncle Mick
Justin Ng
Ant Reid
Anton Duddy
Luke Dallas
Brendan Bennett
Damien Krotofil
Allan Brudar

Can't think of who else??

Matthew Flynn

From memory we only had a squad of 11 players with Barney having to bat on 1 leg in the final. Had he been fit enough to bowl (and bat) I think the result might've gone the other way.

Well done to all involved in the 21s. A great result for the CMCA.

Battle of bentleigh yesterday may have unearthed a few hairline cracks appearing at donald trump park at brady road. For the great team they are teams are starting to get it free up against them . bowl blokes who normally dont bowl alot they are so well coached they are not prepared for out there tactics.Yesterday some of there senior players sledgeing young guys the pressure is mounting exceptation will kill anything sooner or later. for there sake i hope its not in march. As for the old washups are ther ever going to stand up last year loosing to chelsea . then there past coach crowing on SEN be there to watch washing and bentleigh uniting play in the final. with there playing list surely there must win woolnough this year. interesting times ahead.

Wright Shield Williamstown District all out 103, Birt 4/5, Hulston 3/, Manders 3/, a fine display also from Shelton found big interest resulting in invite from the Dandenong club reps at game to have a crack there. CMCA were cruising at 3/77 or so but got the shakes and were 8/91. Willy had their chances but missed them and we got home amid a McFlurry of dropped catches and missed run outs 8 down, Hardaker played key knock for about 30. Great win by the lads and congrats to Bruce, Luke and all the boys who represented the CMCA with flair and class. Luke Manders & Callum Dodson selected to represent VMCU Metro against country rep team at Seymour next Sunday.

Thanks for the wrap up. I departed when it was about 3/70 thinking CMCA would canter home.

Congrats to the CMCA lads.
I thought the guys who batted for the 4th wicket partnership for CMCA looked very solid & talented bats.

Who grabbed the wickets for the WDCA ?

Owen Alsop who plays at my club Williamstown Imperials represented the WDCA.

Bentleigh Uniting is taking on Jacana Cricket Club in the Semi Final of the Cricket Victoria 20 Twenty Bash.
Match is on this Sunday, February 5th, 2 pm start at Centenary Park.
Jacana play in the VTCA competition and have defeated teams from neighbouring regions to advance this far.
Bentleigh Uniting has defeated VTCA McKinnon, Mercantile club Coles Sharks, and DDCA's Buckley Ridges.
The winner of this game plays off against the best country team on the MCG on February 26.
All CMCA people are invited to come down.
Bentleigh Uniting welcome your support as we represent the CMCA in the march to the "G".

Bentleigh Uniting is taking on Jacana Cricket Club in the Semi Final of the Cricket Victoria 20 Twenty Bash.
Match is on this Sunday, February 5th, 2 pm start at Centenary Park.
Jacana play in the VTCA competition and have defeated teams from neighbouring regions to advance this far.
Bentleigh Uniting has defeated VTCA McKinnon, Mercantile club Coles Sharks, and DDCA's Buckley Ridges.
The winner of this game plays off against the best country team on the MCG on February 26.
All CMCA people are invited to come down.
Bentleigh Uniting welcome your support as we represent the CMCA in the march to the "G".

I especially like this line... :)

"Be early if you want to see the helicoptor dropping off Ash Russell who is flying in from WA
for the game. Uniting means Business"

Good luck boys.

Current Tipping table at the end of Round 9
JIMMY OLSON 33
QUASIMODO 32
UNCLE MICK 32
IF I CAN I WILL 32
BILLY THE KID 31
PETER PARKER 31
POST MORTEM 30
THE MENTALIST 29
BOTTSY 28
NORTHCLUBSDPP 28
CLOCKER 28
GOLF 27 ** Gave Golf 1 as he would have selected his beloved Kingston CC.
P'DOGS PIZZA 27
DR SQUEAK 26
BURGER 25
BRIAN WILSON 23** Same for Brian Wilson as for Golf with respect to the Beach Boys..
New outright leader as Quasi gets the yip, whilst Mick and IICIW & BTK missed big opportunites to climb the ladder and Peter Parker makes his move.

Round 10
Longmuir
Brighton Union v Chelsea Heights
How could you pick the Hoops after that insipid performance which ended any finals chances. Their Woolnough team lost outright, big problems at Hoop Park.The Heighters for mine.

Elwood v Carnegie South
The Spiders shocked the world. They come up against the Beach Boys at their fortress. Have to go with the Beach Boys for no reason other than I need the tip.

Bentleigh Uniting v Bentleigh ANA
Uniting come up against a revitalised Royals. Can the Royals string two matches together? No, Uniting in a cake walk.

Hampton Central v Le Page Park
Centrals must win or it is over. At home, with so much on the line, I am tipping them.

Mackie v West Bentleigh
Mackie must win otherwise it is over. The Cowboys are back. This will go to the wire as all their matches seem to.

East Sandringham Boys Club v Kingston Heath
The Juggernaut stung by a rare loss will punish the Golfers. They will not want to lose their coveted double chance.

Round 10
Woolnough
Omega v East Sandringham Boys Club
Danger game for Ivan and the lads after their comprehensive loss to the Sharks.

Moorabbin West v Cluden
The Weststars can't afford another loss and will win.

West Bentleigh v Washington Park
Coming off an outright the Cowboys will be full of confidence. Sharks, though, too good.

Hampton United v Brighton Union
Hampton's Grand Final and save themselves from relegation for another year. Hampton will win easy against a dispirited and disillusioned Hoops.
Bentleigh ANA2 v Bentleigh Uniting
Uniting finally beat a team above them, and quite convincingly. Now it is time to sit back and beat up on the weaker teams.
Uniting will be make 300+ and win this in a canter.

Aspendale Gardens v Highett West
The Botanists will be too good for a disappointing Burra.

To be fair Clock I would also have picked Uniting, East Sandy, Elwood, Chelsea and Union. Great win by the boys yesterday. It's now in our hands. Need to win one of the last two. Exciting times at the Heath.

I'm pretty much out of contention....so i'm going for a few upsets for Round 10.

Brighton Union
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Hampton Central
West Bentleigh
E.S.B.C.

Bentleigh uniting has a date to the MCG.....well done to the boys n the whole club n it's tireless workers, state T20 final the streak continues, well deserved to the people, supporters, players at the den.

Ps is this the best side/run in cmca history???

For those who haven't yet heard, Bentleigh Uniting are through to the T20 final after the match was deemed a wash out. Cricket Victoria rules stipulate that if a match iss deemed a wash out then the result is decided by a coin toss. Uniting got their money's worth flying Ash back for a coin toss!

your kidding yeah mick?

jeessus.. coin toss? there was a period of about 20 mins where they should have ran straight back out to bat.. the other mob were 2/24 off 4, chasing unitings 117 and they lost on a coin toss?

duckworth lewis is a bit of a stretch for this kind of game but surely there is a better way to play it. was it deemed a washout because 5 overs werent completed in the second innings?

Word is that 4.3 overs were Bowled and jacana where not keen on getting to 5 overs which would have constituted a match that would have been decided via duckworth Lewis which at 2-25 jacana would have lost. So they were happy to settle for a toss of the coin.

Great decision to fly ash back, he would have been desperate to play n get to the MCG n for the club to pay that for him n so he can also see his family aswell is just another show of why people don't leave bucc.

Word is that 4.3 overs were Bowled and jacana where not keen on getting to 5 overs which would have constituted a match that would have been decided via duckworth Lewis which at 2-25 jacana would have lost. So they were happy to settle for a toss of the coin.

Great decision to fly ash back, he would have been desperate to play n get to the MCG n for the club to pay that for him n so he can also see his family aswell is just another show of why people don't leave bucc.

Correct. BUCC ahead on the DL system but obviously it was evenly poised. Absolutely horrible conditions. An ordinary effort with the bat by the BUCC and Jacana likewise looked to be really struggling. I believe there was the option to come back and finish it on Wednesday night but both teams had to agree. BUCC keen but Jacana not. To be fair another trek from Broady to Bentleigh probably not all that inviting so apparently in these circumstances the result is decided by a coin toss. Not the way you would like things to end but we acknowledge our slice of luck and move on to the G hoping to do the CMCA proud.

Back