City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Bit Rich churned them out again today. As someone who's played Woolnough since it's inception, I'm pretty confident that's the highest individual score in the grade. Phenomenal year by the lad.

He's saying that WP spent up to win a flag only to miss out again cos you're back at Aspendale. Think he might even be suggesting you're playing there for nothing.

Bit Rich churned them out again today. As someone who's played Woolnough since it's inception, I'm pretty confident that's the highest individual score in the grade. Phenomenal year by the lad.
What's even more unbelievable is that the wooly bully from aspendale was named captain of the Vic metro side to play Vic country last Sunday and he didn't even show up ????????????? Phenomenal ..... Or selfish ????

He's saying that WP spent up to win a flag only to miss out again cos you're back at Aspendale. Think he might even be suggesting you're playing there for nothing.

Wasn't suggesting that he was playing for anything less than a tidy sum. More commenting on the timing - clubs can go 'all out' and recruit big players for a season, but they have to perform. Manders has, and in my opinion it's as good as over in that grade, the Gardens should be too good. Heywood's 360 runs have been good, but Manders' 568 is outstanding.

Re comments he's a Woolnough bully - seriously dumb. It's not as though he hasn't played in Longmuir, and performed there. He's back playing with mates, helping a club out that seriously needed an injection of class to take it to the next level. He's also captained the CMCA team to a title, so he's performed at that level too. I doubt he needs to prove himself to losers like you, Roger Ramjet.

Unfortunately, Luke's making a name for himself with some of his decision making that some are deeming selfish. He's not the first at his age to do so and won't be the last. He'll work it out in his own time.

Imagine being Washington Park, forking out all that money on Heywood and Manders signs at the Gardens and they (W Park)become also rans....unbelievable...
So we're forking out a all this money for Swiv are we?? maybe you should get your facts straight first before shooting off at the hip with absolutely no knowledge of what is happening at Shark Park! Also rans.. intereresting call that one! Last time I looked we were on top of the ladder... Quite happy with where we are sitting at present and not getting carried away with it all - still a lot of work to do to secure a top 2 spot. Woolly is so close this year that any of the top five sides on their day could do anything. Sure Luke is having a great year, as he's a very good player, and if Heywood had batted 3 this year he'd have over 500 runs - not to mention his 25 wickets either! Ommies got him in too early last week and they bore the brunt of another hundred... he has 122no and 187no in his last 2 game against them - some feat!!
So Luke, to answer your question - it does not make sense... and well done on Saturday!

A bit of information came across my desk this afternoon about one club approaching another on the possiblity of playing 4 innings over this round in order for one of the teams to get an outright result. My understanding is that either club would benefit from the result as it will increase their chances of competing in finals.
It raised my eyebrows somewhat and had me asking the question of how many times it's happened in the past. It would be extremely disappointing to find out a club's chances of participating in finals were compromised by a fixture between opposition clubs essentially fixing their result. A pretty serious offence. I'm astounded that anyone would have the nerve to even approach another club to do such. However, I suppose it's not too dissimilar to hearing stories in years past about sides rolling over in the final round to allow their opposition a chance at making the finals in favour of a few slabs or a keg etc.

I'm not into snitching. Merely discussing the issue and hoping the offending party understands the implications of trying to fix a result.

A bit of information came across my desk this afternoon about one club approaching another on the possiblity of playing 4 innings over this round in order for one of the teams to get an outright result. My understanding is that either club would benefit from the result as it will increase their chances of competing in finals.
It raised my eyebrows somewhat and had me asking the question of how many times it's happened in the past. It would be extremely disappointing to find out a club's chances of participating in finals were compromised by a fixture between opposition clubs essentially fixing their result. A pretty serious offence. I'm astounded that anyone would have the nerve to even approach another club to do such. However, I suppose it's not too dissimilar to hearing stories in years past about sides rolling over in the final round to allow their opposition a chance at making the finals in favour of a few slabs or a keg etc.

Gee Whiz Uncle Mick I hope you didn't fall off your chair....

If true the clubs should be named and shamed and to roll over for a few slabs or a keg, Always been my view winners beers always taste that little bit sweeter.

Lazza, hearing stories of sides rolling over for booze is simply that....stories. This one is fact. Heard from the "mouth" of the captain who chose not to participate in cheating.

I think you can safely presume that sides aren't able to agree to those sort of terms with an umpire present. Unless teams deliberately threw their wicket away going after an outright, it's hard to imagine how a side (or sides) would be able to fix a result without the suspicions of an umpire. My understanding is the proposition was that both sides would bat 2 innings. The first side would bat until tea on both days and the other side bat after tea with outright points going to the team with the highest combined total.

I think you can safely presume that sides aren't able to agree to those sort of terms with an umpire present. Unless teams deliberately threw their wicket away going after an outright, it's hard to imagine how a side (or sides) would be able to fix a result without the suspicions of an umpire. My understanding is the proposition was that both sides would bat 2 innings. The first side would bat until tea on both days and the other side bat after tea with outright points going to the team with the highest combined total.

Understand that it's unfortunate for the team that would miss a finals spot, but how would it be cheating or "fixing" if the result of the game is still a 50/50 bet and in the balance? Sheffield Shield sides have been doing this type of thing for decades.

Devil's advocate, Sugar? If it went ahead, 2 teams are agreeing to play for 10 points before a ball is bowled. You do the math.

Got to agree with UM last post sugar, if there not good enough to make it then don't contrive a result to get extra points........if two sides are found guilty then throw the book at them, automatic relegation for the next season a club fine it is disgraceful.
UM done the right thing here, no need to name clubs or grades but he has put it out there as a topic as for now that is all it is, if anyone clubs where thinking of doing that then hopefully this can serve as a warning for them.
It's not as simple as tallying two innings though as the team who wins at the end may not win first innings do there for one side may get 4 pts n another may get 6, so effectively if the first side bats 36 overs to tea n decs at 7-170 n the other mob bats to stumps declaring 9-165......then that is a joke.
Just play better through out the prev 9 rounds m don't put yourself in this position.

Understand that it's unfortunate for the team that would miss a finals spot, but how would it be cheating or "fixing" if the result of the game is still a 50/50 bet and in the balance? Sheffield Shield sides have been doing this type of thing for decades.

You're right there Sugar. It also happens at Premier cricket in all grades to get results. It has happened this year. To get results and outright results.

For what its worth i tend to agree with Sugar and Billy. I don't think you can call it cheating because its within the rules isn't it? Its not in the spirit of park cricket i guess but it wouldn't be the only thing that happens in the CMCA to be in that boat..

Back