City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Unlike mick to hear things second hand and pass them onto other people who pass them onto other people and then turn around and say " I didn't say that or what I meant was " ! Scuttlebutt about other clubs gets people no or very little respect !!!
Give the people names or clubs !!!!!

Take some of your own advice and give an example of the above, RR. Or be known as the bullshit artist/shit stirrer you've already proven to be.

6 More Sleeps Till the Big Dance.
And congratulations to all Grand Finalists, from Longmuir right down to I grade.

LONGMUIR
Bentleigh Uniting V ESBC @ Le Page Park

WOOLNOUGH
Aspendale Gardens V Washington Park @ Peterson St

QUINEY
Washington Park V Le Page @ Chisholm Reserve

D GRADE
Southside East Caulfield V Moorabbin West @ Widdop Crescent

E GRADE
Aspendale Gardens V Shamrock @ Southern Road

F GRADE
Washington Park V Cheltenham Park @ Elwood Park

G GRADE
Mackie V East Bentleigh Central @ Bricker Reserve

H GRADE
Brighton DIstrict V Bentleigh Unting @ Le Page Park #2

I GRADE
Mackie V Moorabbin Park @ Beazley Reserve

Fences are considered dangerous to fielders in international cricket which is why all grounds are roped off so i dont understand the requirement for a finals ground to have a fence. Councils these days are also leaning towards what they call open areas so the requirement to have a fence around a suburban field has become outdated.

Agree with Mr Parker in relation to bar takings. Although not playing at home, being the home team the Redbacks should get a minimum of half the takings if not the whole lot. Le Page should just hand over the keys and allow Carnegie or both Carnegie and Easts to run the bar. If this doesnt happen the unofficial bars around the ground will do a thriving trade anyway and the Le Page canteen will be left to hand over two freebies to the umps at stumps.

Lets hope the weather doesn't decide the grand finalists and all the best to all teams involved.

Stupid idea letting 2 other clubs "run" your canteen..... I'm assuming you would let people do this at your club.
If the Exec allocate finals to a certain ground/club, why should they hand over the takings??
Our ground & facilities at Le Page are certainly worthy of holding top grade finals, especially if the only grounds available are in Kingston & Bayside.
I'm pretty sure everyone who played in or watched the games at Le Page on the weekend would have no complaints.

LONGMUIR
Bentleigh Uniting V ESBC @ Le Page Park - The game everyone has been waiting 12 months and one week to see. Easts not what they once were and look forward to seeing them lose the GF.

WOOLNOUGH
Aspendale Gardens V Washington Park @ Peterson St - Washington. Very good, balanced team should hold up against Manders and his passengers.

QUINEY
Washington Park V Le Page @ Chisholm Reserve - Washington. Should be a massive Sunday night at Shark Park.

D GRADE
Southside East Caulfield V Moorabbin West @ Widdop Crescent - Southside East Caulfield to end a disappointing year for the Westars.

E GRADE
Aspendale Gardens V Shamrock @ Southern Road - Tipping the Shamrockers. Reason unknown.

F GRADE
Washington Park V Cheltenham Park @ Elwood Park - Cheltenham Park. There has to be some disappointment for the sharks.

G GRADE
Mackie V East Bentleigh Central @ Bricker Reserve - Mackie. The G grade flag probably wasn't their main aim back in October but beggars cant be choosers.

H GRADE
Brighton DIstrict V Bentleigh Unting @ Le Page Park #2 - Brighton District. An amazing season for Bentleigh Uniting but only the Longmuir flag to celebrate.

I GRADE
Mackie V Moorabbin Park @ Beazley Reserve[/quote] - Moorabbin Park. Just staying with the theory of tipping a first XI here.

Good luck to all participants.

Stupid idea letting 2 other clubs "run" your canteen..... I'm assuming you would let people do this at your club.
If the Exec allocate finals to a certain ground/club, why should they hand over the takings??
Our ground & facilities at Le Page are certainly worthy of holding top grade finals, especially if the only grounds available are in Kingston & Bayside.
I'm pretty sure everyone who played in or watched the games at Le Page on the weekend would have no complaints.

Totally agree with you DS, congratulations to LePage for doing a great job over the 2 days.
One things for sure with next week, lets hope that the competing clubs can control their spectators, especially the spectators who were mingling down at the playground end under the trees.
Good luck to all clubs who have made it through, let the games begin.

congratulations to LePage for doing a great job over the 2 days.

What did they do that was so great Mr Baker ??

images

Great Grand Finals coming up.
Washington Park gets the chance to redeem themselves after falling short in a couple of grades last year.
And what a Longmuir Final, the reigning champs and best team in Bentleigh Uniting verses the team that still thinks they are the best. Bragging rights for one club.
And P P , Carnegie South must be the ultimate chokers, failing to reach 100 in either final. Waste of a promising season.

Congratulations to Bentleigh Uniting and ESBC for making the Longy Granny. Very well played sirs.

A huge congratulations to all involved at Carnegie South for delivering the most successful season in the club's history. Well done to Bruce Haley, John Collison and the boys for putting a lot of pride into the entire club this season and I'm sure the boys be even better next season from the experience.

Superb effort!

Just for the record, Bentliegh Uniting will win at a canter.

Also congrats to Washington on having 3 sides make the granny. Great effort.

Due to the stupid and outdated policy by the CMCA for finals to be only played at fenced grounds, Le Page Park landed an extra cash cow for hosting the Longy Prelim final solely on the decision taken by the Spiders. Carnegie South were given the choice to either play the final at Mackie or Le Page, but as they were informed that the Grand Final would be played at Le Page, they obviously chose Le Page for the Prelim final.

Good on them, I'm sure no club would have refused the opportunity of bringing in the extra revenue.

Judging from the loud obnoxiousness reverberating from the angry mob around the childrens playground area, I'm sure Le Page's bar takings were very pretty indeed.

Congrats to all those lucky enough to be playing next weekend, its great fun being invovled at this end of the season, no doubt. Even though i can hurt real bad too..

Can i just say that something needs to be sorted either with Glen Eira or the CMCA need to adjust the fixture (i know other comps that finished this weekend for the same reason) to suit the council if they wont budge. I had the pleasure of playing at Mackie on the weekend and to think that that ground is not going to be used to play a GF on is a real shame. Spectacular ground ATM.

Good luck to all playing on the weekend and maybe i might run into some of you, around the grounds.

images

Quilt's
Maybe i should of said good, anyway, they had plenty of food and drinks available for all comers, including kids.
Well manned canteen, rooms were spotless for the players [ 4 teams participating ], umpires were looked after, good afternoon tea, and some nice cold frothies for the after match.
Obviously with some of their teams in the finals, its good to see that they had enough members to man the important roles that a host club needs.
They may need some extra staff [ crowd controllers ] for the playground end next week, but i'm sure the CMCA Execitives will also be there in force.
I must congratulate the spiders for their season, well done Hale's, but as they say, it sometimes takes some final losses to eventually win some, they will learn from this.
Well done to Biggy Phelan for turning the game on its head, great effort at the right time and well supported in the field.

Congrats to all those lucky enough to be playing next weekend, its great fun being invovled at this end of the season, no doubt. Even though i can hurt real bad too..

Can i just say that something needs to be sorted either with Glen Eira or the CMCA need to adjust the fixture (i know other comps that finished this weekend for the same reason) to suit the council if they wont budge. I had the pleasure of playing at Mackie on the weekend and to think that that ground is not going to be used to play a GF on is a real shame. Spectacular ground ATM.

Good luck to all playing on the weekend and maybe i might run into some of you, around the grounds.

Army, no doubt you're disappointed but well done to you and your club on a good season.
The ground issue is farscical, i'm led to believe that the grounds you mention are actually available for next weekend, its just that if a reserve day was warranted, they wouldn't be available for that, so to ensure that if needed, the same grounds could be used.
Mackie's ground is surely the best in the comp at this stage, it is a real shame that its not being used.

Simple answer to this. Get rid of the ridiculous finals system and go back to the old system of 1 v 4 and 2 v 3. This would free up an extra week.
Getting a home final and playing a team ranked lower than you should be enough of an advantage anyway.

Army, no doubt you're disappointed but well done to you and your club on a good season.
The ground issue is farscical, i'm led to believe that the grounds you mention are actually available for next weekend, its just that if a reserve day was warranted, they wouldn't be available for that, so to ensure that if needed, the same grounds could be used.
Mackie's ground is surely the best in the comp at this stage, it is a real shame that its not being used.

Correct. Grounds in City of GE all available next weekend but inexplicably not the weekend after.

Well done to Washington yesterday. Controlled the game from the start and just too good. They have the infrastructure to step comfortably back into Longy whereas Aspendale are over reliant on Manders (what a brilliant season by the lad) and depth might be an issue. Their 2s currently in E grade and even if they win the GF it is still a cavernous gap between Longy and D grade. Having said that they would be deserved Woolly premiers on the back of a great season but WP for mine.

On the subject of grounds Packer is a suburb venue. Magnificent surface, good size and fantastic facilities. Spectators of both competing clubs very well behaved however a contingent from a rival club was particularly obnoxious, especially on the Saturday. Did not discriminate and abused players from both clubs equally. Ordinary effort by them.

Dream Match up in Longy and obviously I’m tipping Uniting in a very tight game. Some fierce competitors from both sides so expect a fiery clash.

LONGMUIR
Bentleigh Uniting V ESBC @ Le Page Park - Uniting are class,too much depth.

WOOLNOUGH
Aspendale Gardens V Washington Park @ Peterson St - looking foward to another close game with the wash ups.

QUINEY
Washington Park V Le Page @ Chisholm Reserve

D GRADE
Southside East Caulfield V Moorabbin West @ Widdop Crescent

E GRADE
Aspendale Gardens V Shamrock @ Southern Road

F GRADE
Washington Park V Cheltenham Park @ Elwood Park

G GRADE
Mackie V East Bentleigh Central @ Bricker Reserve

H GRADE
Brighton DIstrict V Bentleigh Unting @ Le Page Park #2

I GRADE
Mackie V Moorabbin Park @ Beazley Reserve

Good luck to everyone, Go Gardens :)

Simple answer to this. Get rid of the ridiculous finals system and go back to the old system of 1 v 4 and 2 v 3. This would free up an extra week.
Getting a home final and playing a team ranked lower than you should be enough of an advantage anyway.

Disagree there Border, love the finals system the way it is including the "lay day" which is the cause of unavailability of some of the primo arenas. But then again, looking at the long range forecast "lay lady lay day" might well come into play giving us every chance of bona fide GF results if rain does come. I'd be pointing the bone at certain bureucratic councils who surely cannot be doing "ground maintenance" at all of their ovals on the 1st April - funny date that. Pretty much can guarantee that if you drive around on the 1st to the grounds that cannot be used because the needed to do "ground maintenance", there will be no sign of any workmen or works!!Well played East & Washups, hopefully some great GF's.

Obviously you have never been on a committee or tried to organize people to help out during the finals. While the Panthers enjoyed the financial benefits, it's take time and effort to make the two days work well for the competing clubs and their fans.
Top grade finals won't be played there again for some time as there are 5 better grounds in the city of Glen Eira!
Thanks for the support Mr Baker.

Back