City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

burgs I was a young lad 19-21 n drink driving was not on my radar.

Regarding your other question, why?
I worked my backside off before I got my chance as Capt n thought from avoiding relegation to my first season in charge winning Longmuir n finish 4th was a great result no one forecasted, a new Coach was appointed who differed from my view n I didn't get it all if abything my way, I was relishing my time in charge n still had lots to learn but the new coach had other ideas, I made a choice to further my coaching n it opened up many doors for me.
I missed the club n the people n the social side more then anything, I don't regret my choice but some days were hard but greatful to return n win Longmuir for a 2nd time, swings n round abouts of life pal we all have our own scratches to itch like you did yourself in heading to Le Page.

Fair enough Brett. You could say there was a "big crew" back at chisholm reserve following the reclaiming of "Ray", not sure I counted how many, but it sounded like 1,000!

So you still haven't answered if you're playing on the "G" annually? Outgrown Centenary?

Who gets to keep the longmuir shield trophy once it runs out of places to put the club names?

Well done to cal wilkinson re coaching gig, I suppose uncle Mick pulled out of the race.
Highett west must be relived! Unless he is going to uniting aswel.

Who gets to keep the longmuir shield trophy once it runs out of places to put the club names?

Well done to cal wilkinson re coaching gig, I suppose uncle Mick pulled out of the race.
Highett west must be relived! Unless he is going to uniting aswel.

Once or twice a decade Easts lend it out for a year.

We know that Uniting have a few $$$, but they could not possibly have enough for the boy from Peterson St.

Yeah Uniting have done very well but so should any club that has spent 50 grand to win one flag in 2 years history says any club in footy or cricket that spend big bucks will fail as soon as the money runs out it will soon. As for new clubrooms forget about staying there till all hours it will be hire out by the council for functions or you will have to book to use for yourself.I was sad to hear about the news down at the wild west with chris kelly being shown the door. good luck Chris.

Yeah Uniting have done very well but so should any club that has spent 50 grand to win one flag in 2 years history says any club in footy or cricket that spend big bucks will fail as soon as the money runs out it will soon. As for new clubrooms forget about staying there till all hours it will be hire out by the council for functions or you will have to book to use for yourself.I was sad to hear about the news down at the wild west with chris kelly being shown the door. good luck Chris.

Obviously selective reading, 50K bahaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's not e en close, it's 250k n John n Greg have had to re mortgage there houses ha ha very funny stuff.
What ever you think the payments are I assure you that even with the payments made the club still manages a profit at season end, on the back of supporter support n sponsors so unless someone goes to the Crown with the clubs bank manager n put it all on black, it ain't running out anytime soon, club has had many a intelligent well educated people in charge of the finances n spending for years, If all else fails John can home school his kids n we will use his child's fees to recruit Brad Williams next year!

East Sandy’s record is without peer. A stunning run of success and a brilliant effort in the GF a few weeks back. Posters from BUCC the first to congratulate and acknowledge them on them on their victory and sustained run of success.

While most people who post here are balanced and fair minded it is somewhat amusing to now see a few (and just a few) ignorant and ill-informed people wanting to pot Bentleigh Uniting. Since 2001 only 2 clubs have won a Longy flag - East Sandy and Bentleigh Uniting. So unless you are from East Sandy you have no place pointing out the flaws of the BUCC. Credit to West Bentleigh for at least getting there a few times but as for the rest maybe just spend some time reflecting on your own clubs success or lack thereof.

And some of the stuff getting thrown around about player payments is just ridiculous. If you reckon a little club from East Bentleigh that has been basically operating out of a glorified toilet for years has that sort of coin you are delusional.

East Sandy’s record is without peer. A stunning run of success and a brilliant effort in the GF a few weeks back. Posters from BUCC the first to congratulate and acknowledge them on them on their victory and sustained run of success.

While most people who post here are balanced and fair minded it is somewhat amusing to now see a few (and just a few) ignorant and ill-informed people wanting to pot Bentleigh Uniting. Since 2001 only 2 clubs have won a Longy flag - East Sandy and Bentleigh Uniting. So unless you are from East Sandy you have no place pointing out the flaws of the BUCC. Credit to West Bentleigh for at least getting there a few times but as for the rest maybe just spend some time reflecting on your own clubs success or lack thereof.

And some of the stuff getting thrown around about player payments is just ridiculous. If you reckon a little club from East Bentleigh that has been basically operating out of a glorified toilet for years has that sort of coin you are delusional.

I completely understand the BUCC people denying and/or playing down the $$$ being paid but you're not fooling anyone. It's known what Lalor and Russell are on and the 50k estimate over two seasons is pretty spot on. If not more.

Everyone knows what people are on at local footy (and in this case cricket) clubs and people talk. Especially around the numerous Bentleigh/Ormond football and cricket clubs.

Clubs save money and decide to spend it at certain times for certain reasons. Some clubs save for new club rooms, nets etc with differing amounts of funding from their councils. I have no problems with teams spending money on players and good luck to BUCC and the numerous other clubs paying players and getting imports.

But please spare us the denial. Embrace it and be proud that you're involved in a club that is successful enough to spend those sort of numbers.

Heard filthy phil cox is the money man. He's pouring thousands into the units.
Not getting the return he is looking for. Keep your money and play your juniors and locals, cause you won't beat esbc with or without your money. Mark my words big chin.

Centrals have also made 2 Longy GFs here Chooka.. So i guess that's a 'credit' by your accounts then?

U/M stop dropping hints, (who do you think you are C. Hutchison??) just come out & say it...

If BUCC have got the money to spend (or nor to spend) good on them, they worked hard to get it.. So i think they can do what they want with it... It's hard not to say it has been well spent with some strong performance through the all grades over 2 years & counting...

Wow some shit gets thrown round in here over the off season... Funny reading, but 90% seems to be absolute dribble to me!

Possibly, Burgs. We share a similar girth, do Hutchy & I these days. And we seem to have a knack for getting under the skin of others. Not my news to tell, but seems the cat may be out of the bag. The mail man is in the know at the club in question.

Centrals have also made 2 Longy GFs here Chooka.. So i guess that's a 'credit' by your accounts then?

U/M stop dropping hints, (who do you think you are C. Hutchison??) just come out & say it...

If BUCC have got the money to spend (or nor to spend) good on them, they worked hard to get it.. So i think they can do what they want with it... It's hard not to say it has been well spent with some strong performance through the all grades over 2 years & counting...

Wow some shit gets thrown round in here over the off season... Funny reading, but 90% seems to be absolute dribble to me!

Yes of course Burger. No disrespect intended. A great effort by Centrals to reach 2 GFs in an era that has been so dominated by one club. I just made special mention of West Bentleigh for reaching 3 GFs in a 5 year period. While many happy to pot them for coming up empty handed I reckon it’s a great effort to be amongst the best 2 teams across the entire competition.

U cant possibly be holding your hat on that. Get off the Ampol/Shell/Caltex or whatever it is you drink. Worst Longy team since they last got relegated not that long ago.

Back