Clarrie Grimmett

Guys any suggestions about this ?

Yeah Grimmett was one of the best. The first player to take 200 hundred test wickets and still the fastest to take 200 hundred test wickets.

Warne is the best bowler i have ever seen but i believe Grimmett was probably better.

Grimmett wrote 3 books on bowling and cricket in general. He keeps it simple and basic.

"Spin bowling is to a large extent a matter of guile and make-believe. You must try and persuade the batsman that each ball is the same. So it is - until you decieve him with some subtle variation of pace, flight or break. Its your job to mix and disguise your deliveries so that the batsman can't detect them."

@ macca What do you think the amount of revolutions warne puts on the ball.Shane warne is one of my favorite bowler including grimett.I believe that Warne puts more revolutions on the ball than grimmett .

@ macca What do you think the amount of revolutions warne puts on the ball.Shane warne is one of my favorite bowler including grimett.I believe that Warne puts more revolutions on the ball than grimmett .

Warnes rev count would have to be very high. Going on the channel 9 one they used this season it would have to be at least 50's. Offspinners Ashwin and lyon were late 30,s and part timer legspinner dave warner was early 40,s.

Warne did get more revs than Grimmett. That is the opinion of, for example, bill brown, neil harvey and benaud who saw both up close, but then again benaud reckons philpott got more revs than warne.

Guys any suggestions about this ?
Grimmett in his book simply says, it's as simple as your wrist position, you simply vary the angle of the wrist to get the ball to break big or small. We all know that it's not quite that simple and that in order to do it very well this wrist dexterity needs to be combined with a good flowing bowling action. The nature of both written instructions and on-line tutorials is such that they need to be concise and accessible to the majority in order to get people started. The detail comes through experimentation and deeper learning processes.

Back