CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Heard From a local footy club that G.Scott has been trying to recruit some CMCA's players to come across to Clayton, including ANA's Snelling, Units Backman who ive been told has knocked them back and will be this them again this yr, matter of time before he leaves to progress his cricket. Other news is Clement from Omega has been in talks with WB. Clement has a lot of ties down at Victory Park could be a matter of time.

underarm bowler;228277 said:
wouldn't have thought they'd have been much between CMCA and Senior A VTCA!!

Not quite following what is meant by that comment. If you're inferring that Brighton District have a Senior A VTCA side, then I retract. I wasn't aware of this.

Also heard from a very reliable source at Centrals that Nick McMillan is back after getting Le Page up to Longy. I believe Max Wilton's heading back to HC as well, but may only play in the 1-day comp.

Uncle Mick;228682 said:
Not quite following what is meant by that comment. If you're inferring that Brighton District have a Senior A VTCA side, then I retract. I wasn't aware of this.

Also heard from a very reliable source at Centrals that Nick McMillan is back after getting Le Page up to Longy. I believe Max Wilton's heading back to HC as well, but may only play in the 1-day comp.

Brighton District do have a VTCA Senior A side. Their 1's are VTCA, 2's CMCA, 3's VTCA, 4's CMCA, 5's VTCA & 6's CMCA.

Not sure how they like it, but it seems to work for them. I have a mate who plays VTCA & their 2's play against Districts 3's.

If it is their 2nd side as is being suggested then they are in Woolnough. Have consistently been a lower middle of the row side that have the ability to cause a few upsets, but lack consistency. Not sure whether that's impacted by the change of surfaces for players going up and down. Would've thought it'd be more balanced to have sides/squads specific to the synthetic and turf respectively.

Seems the cheque book has won out again at Union.
An allrounder accepted a position at a lower longy club only to change his mind a few days later and call the lower longy club to say he had changed his mind and will stay at union.

I vaguely remember hearing Brighton did have their top 3 teams in turf league and the rest in CMCA....think that was before they merged with Brighton Centrals.

Heard rumors of a bowler heading to the ommies from union, not a big name i dont think, when i remember the name ill post it!

Any Ladder Predictions for both Longy and Wooly?

Craig Hutchy;229326 said:
An allrounder accepted a position at a lower longy club only to change his mind a few days later and call the lower longy club to say he had changed his mind and will stay at union.

Same thing Squeak did at Le Page last year, verbally agreed to play for a VTCA side, after he told the Le Page boys they all put the guilt trip on him & he changed his mind.

Apparently the coin was better at the other club, but loyalty got the better of him.

Was wondering when he'd cave in to the pressure of the brothers Russell and his Ormond mates. Glad to hear he made the right choice. CMCA can't afford to keep losing quality cricketers.

I wouldn't think the ladders will be too dissimilar to last season.
East Sandy will be the benchmark with the pick up of Tony Brown and Cheeks back. Union might push into the 4 at the expense of Uniting if they can find some bowlers. Omega will be the unknowns. I'd expect Wash Ups, Le Page, Elwood & Carnegie South to struggle for wins unless they've recruited...?? Same could be said about ANA, though they should fare a little better than the others.

In Woolnough, I'd expect Aspendale to be the front runners again if they keep their side from last season. East Sandy should have a bit more depth than last season and might go better than their prelim result. Moorabbin West should struggle. Deal & Robinson are gone. I'd expect our boys to be there abouts with the same squad that got us into a semi the season before last. Based on last season Chelt Park, Hampton United & Southside might struggle again without any recruiting. Kingston Heath seem to go alright, but get found out in late Feb/early March. ANA had a decent year and being fairly young I would suspect they'll fare just as well. Omega's depth might see them up in the top 4.

Not a great deal changes from year to year. The odd surprise, but you wouldn't be far off if you were to map it out based on previous years.

Fair Call Uncle Mick
Longy:
East Sandy
Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA
Bentleigh Uniting
Rounds out the top 4 followed by
Washington Park
Mackie
Hampton Central
West Bentleigh
Omega
Elwood
Le Page
Carnegie Sth

Wooly:
Aspendale
Bentleigh ANA
Omega
Hampton United

Craig Hutchy;229326 said:

Hi Hutchy, its Archie here, i think you'll find that King may have been approached by more than one club, he was very interested in the captaincy at union, but has stayed for some spending money, he also likes it there on the big ground, and probably the best facilities in the comp.
Interesting to see how Delac goes with the captaincy, especially around all the other captains in the side.
The comp is wide open other than the boys from Duncan St, teams will need to set up early wins.

Hi Archie,
A few rumblings down Bentleigh Uniting way as a long time senior player has been told he is not up to playing in the firsts and can expect to play in the magoos this season and also the fall out of the skipper going is leaving a very sour taste to.

Craig Hutchy;230218 said:
Hi Archie,
A few rumblings down Bentleigh Uniting way as a long time senior player has been told he is not up to playing in the firsts and can expect to play in the magoos this season and also the fall out of the skipper going is leaving a very sour taste to.

Hi Hutchy,

I think you'll find that PM has been asked to captain the 2's, he has agreed with that and the clubs direction.
I don't think there are too many issues with it.
The ex skipper just didn't agree with the decision to replace him, it was probably a surprise that he decided to run, but they will be focussing on their younger players stepping up, there will be opportunities for whoever applies themselves.
The boys from '' the george '' are training hard already, working on their fitness under a sports trainer, they will be ready to go after an extensive and early pre season.
The new approach down at '' the brick '' is Quality not quantity, under the new coach.
The boys club are alreading sprouting it up, talk is they are extremely confident over getting the silverware again.
Remember last season, 7 wins did not get you in, the same will happen this season, very even in the top 6, the others will fall away.

Aspendale will struggle this year have lost a few players, Sparky,Shelton and possibly A.Lamb (Chops) and Quinney but hes a ************** anyway.

Where do you blokes get all this info? Hard to know what's worth believing when you're all posting under aliases.

I find it hard to believe that East Sandy have been spruiking off. I think it's a stigma attached to the club. They're a bloody good bunch. The envy of their success seems to be the focus of their perceived arrogance. I have to admit I was one who believed them to be an arrogant bunch, but the fact is it couldn't be further from the truth.
ANA, with all due respect have made a wise choice in employing a sports trainer. Mackie could take a leaf out of their book. Mackie have the talent, but lack the intensity for sustained periods - which is why they haven't won a flag in recent years. ANA don't quite have the cattle in my eyes. I saw them go up from Woolnough and after seeing them again in Longy last season I'm not convinced they're a top 4 side.
The rumblings out at Uniting might upset them this season. I'd expect them to drop back to being about as competitive as ANA (good, but not quite good enough to threaten the top 4).

For mine, the top 4 is likely to come from East Sandy, Brighton Union, Hampton Central, Mackie, West Bentleigh (if Brown stays on) and possibly Omega. Uniting and ANA will only make up the numbers if either manage to scrape into the 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back