Omega
Bentleigh ANA
Washington Park
Le Page
Elwood
Carnegie South.

Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

That's pretty good.

Wouldn't think that'll be too far off the mark.

I see someone from ANA has been trawling these pages and copying one of my posts onto their guestbook.

Any reasoning behind Mackie in the top 2, Spot On?? Frew to coach WB again im told....you dont have to be from ANA to post on that guestbook U Mick!

not really,but im hoping Mackie are doing something about their fitness down there because if they do they would give LONGY a big shake.

Lightning O.G;231123 said:
Any reasoning behind Mackie in the top 2, Spot On?? Frew to coach WB again im told....you dont have to be from ANA to post on that guestbook U Mick!

My mistake. I realised that after I'd posted. Possibly someone trying to stir up the pot.

Archie Roach;230381 said:
Hi Hutchy,

I think you'll find that PM has been asked to captain the 2's, he has agreed with that and the clubs direction.
I don't think there are too many issues with it.
The ex skipper just didn't agree with the decision to replace him, it was probably a surprise that he decided to run, but they will be focussing on their younger players stepping up, there will be opportunities for whoever applies themselves.
The boys from '' the george '' are training hard already, working on their fitness under a sports trainer, they will be ready to go after an extensive and early pre season.
The new approach down at '' the brick '' is Quality not quantity, under the new coach.
The boys club are alreading sprouting it up, talk is they are extremely confident over getting the silverware again.
Remember last season, 7 wins did not get you in, the same will happen this season, very even in the top 6, the others will fall away.

To Archie, no doubt i would have loved to lead B.U.C.C again and the fact we won a premiership and finished 4th perhaps showed i was ok at the job.
Disappointed at not getting it this year (a little). But that is not the reason i decided to move on, i have a real passion to coach a senior club. I enjoy working hard and leading by example, the situation at B.U.C.C is that they are very supportive of my reasons to leave and they wish me the best of luck. At the end of the day life goes on, B.U.C.C will make the 4 and will be a real contender they have the depth to push East this year mark my words.
Backman, Zaia, Richards twins, Coles & co you will here more from these young kids this year they are in a strong position.@|

spot on;230621 said:
East Sandy
Mackie
Bentleigh Uniting
Brighton Union
West Bentleigh
Hampton Central
Omega
Bentleigh ANA
Washington Park
Le Page
Elwood
Carnegie South.

East Sandy
Union
Uniting
Mackie

Washington (if PICKERING plays half the season)
Central
Ana
West
Elwood
Le Page
Carnegie
Omega

Also CMCA team of the year

Turner Uniting to really star with the bat 500+runs as an opener
Coles Uniting will make the list,Coles most dangerous strike bowler @ the of the season.

Backman just to miss

Honesty not crap

Damien Krotofil;231459 said:
Come one Ernst. That's a laugh. Your mob will struggle without your runs. That's what you keep telling everyone.

Damien if your going to air your thoughts in this forum atleast be creditable in what you say and don't make up crap.
This forum is very much an opinnion based one and i have never conveyed in my life that a certain side would struggle if i didn't make runs. But it only shows you don't know me at all.
In the interest of remaining honest, tell me why your club very much like St.Kilda who bost the talent have never been good enough to go all the way in the top grade.
What are the reasons for this Damien, The people who always backed your club to shake for the flag seem to drop off as every year goes on.
I don't doubt your clubs commitment but you guys tend to turn up and play top cricket against the good sides and lost the plot against the strugglers.

Learn the English language first Brett. The word is credible. Credibility is something you don't have when forming opinions that pass judgement on another club. Where are you when your club needs you? Looking after your own hide. A real man would stick around and cop the club's decision on the chin rather than coming up with a half cocked story about a desire to coach. How's that for "creditable"?

Damien Krotofil;231505 said:
Learn the English language first Brett. The word is credible. Credibility is something you don't have when forming opinions that pass judgement on another club. Where are you when your club needs you? Looking after your own hide. A real man would stick around and cop the club's decision on the chin rather than coming up with a half cocked story about a desire to coach. How's that for "creditable"?

Yes your right my english is terrible lol, thats why i am a tradesman.
But you still danced around my question by putting it back onto me, it does not matter that you think my reason is a half baked story.
I made a tough decission to leave and i have my reasons and i will stick to them, most people don't understand and thats fine. But the people close to me do.
I have no bitterness at all towards the decission made it was in the best interest of the club and i see and understand that.
You can sit back and throw daggers from where you are as you do not understand and probably never will, as it is alot easier for people to cast shadows then applaude or encourage the decissions people make which is what you have done.
Good luck with your cricket and Mackie Cricket Club, as you can see i have you guys in the top four.

If anyone's throwing daggers, it's you. You've won one flag and you've earnt the right to be critical of our achievements up there on your pedestal. There's a little word in the dictionary called arrogance. Look it up.
Your opinion is that we "boast"/have boasted the talent to win premierships. Using your football analogy, Hawthorn have the cattle to win a flag. Yet there's a team by the name of GEE-long that will more than likely stand in their way. We've always been there abouts with the odd mediocre season, but give credit where it's due and East Sandy have clearly been the stand out side for the best part of a decade. You've had 2 decent seasons and while it looks like the ship is sinking you jump off. The tough decision was made by the club. Your's was an easy one. You've got your own interests at heart and good on you for it, but don't go passing judgement on others. I'm simply stating it takes more character to accept the decision than to seek solace elsewhere.

Damien Krotofil;231620 said:
If anyone's throwing daggers, it's you. You've won one flag and you've earnt the right to be critical of our achievements up there on your pedestal. There's a little word in the dictionary called arrogance. Look it up.
Your opinion is that we "boast"/have boasted the talent to win premierships. Using your football analogy, Hawthorn have the cattle to win a flag. Yet there's a team by the name of GEE-long that will more than likely stand in their way. We've always been there abouts with the odd mediocre season, but give credit where it's due and East Sandy have clearly been the stand out side for the best part of a decade. You've had 2 decent seasons and while it looks like the ship is sinking you jump off. The tough decision was made by the club. Your's was an easy one. You've got your own interests at heart and good on you for it, but don't go passing judgement on others. I'm simply stating it takes more character to accept the decision than to seek solace elsewhere.

Look i can and will agree with alot of what your saying, but about the daggers.
I believe you started with a responding remark to my inital write up as "thats a laugh ernst, your club will struggle without your runs, well so you keep telling everyone" that is false i have never said that.
My write up was about defending Uniting, as they have been viewed as "rumblings down at Uniting" this is so far from the mark.
I understand you see my decission as selfish, and i will have to live with that and move on, no doubt disappointment came with the decission that was made but there were also other issues i needed to work on to become a better leader. I could have stayed and been governed what i can and cant do, taken a back seat but i decided a fresh change a fresh outlook and learn more about my game, cricket and coaching elsewhere in the hope of returning a complete package.
The truth of the matter i was never a star in the CMCA, i am a honest cricketer who worked hard i never had the natural talent to hit a ball as you do.
I have always had to train hard and work hard, i have shown at times in a few consecutive matches what i can do but have not been nearly good enough and consistant enough.
One thing i can do and always do is be 100% honest which is what i am doing now then you can base your opinnion on that.
As to East i agree due credit they are a super side i honestly admire there feat they have achieved and i have no reason or cause to knock them super job.
I do believe they get an unfair rap they seem to be tagged as arrogant i don't believe this, i know some of them through our under 21 days and they were always easy to get along with and always willing to have a chat.
As to your club perhaps i should have put my question this way, what do you guys have to do to go all the way. I am one person who always rated your side to make a mark. as each year goes by i wonder when it will come.
Perhaps full seasons out of C.Kinesella who is a damageing cricketer when on song might make a difference.
Do you think you guys struggle a little more on the big grounds.
What can Mackie do to contend with east.
I wish you and your club the best of luck for season 2008/2009 and i appreciate your feedback weather constructive, negative or positive.

Do you 2 want to get a room or what??

Pup, Who cares what others think, decision has been made life goes on.. (PS- where are you playing, as captain coach?)

Budh's you a stirer, always have been.. Nothing wrong with some harmless banter though.. It's why we play!!

As for the season ahead i think it will be very iteresting, if you take out ESandy (they are well overdue to have a Barry Crocker) I think nearlly anyone can win it if they have a good year/ few new recruits will also assist some clubs.

Any rumours on who's going where/ new players etc..?? Have heard a few around the traps but there's a lot of crap talk this time of year, Any actually signed up??

Have had a check of a few club websites, but most of them still not updated from last season.. C'Mon you web admin out there get to work!!

Burger;231645 said:
Do you 2 want to get a room or what??

Pup, Who cares what others think, decision has been made life goes on.. (PS- where are you playing, as captain coach?)

Budh's you a stirer, always have been.. Nothing wrong with some harmless banter though.. It's why we play!!

As for the season ahead i think it will be very iteresting, if you take out ESandy (they are well overdue to have a Barry Crocker) I think nearlly anyone can win it if they have a good year/ few new recruits will also assist some clubs.

Any rumours on who's going where/ new players etc..?? Have heard a few around the traps but there's a lot of crap talk this time of year, Any actually signed up??

Have had a check of a few club websites, but most of them still not updated from last season.. C'Mon you web admin out there get to work!!

Hello Nick
How is the little one going, well i hope.
How old is the bub now i am thinking 4 years old, and the darl is she all good any plans for more kids.
I am headed to Maranatha methodist in the DDCA to answer your question.
Buddha and i are just haveing a joke around harmless fun.
Heard on the grape vine your heading to Central as your mate May heads back to West.
Heard McChoncie is going to Carnegie with hes mate Russel.

Heard from few of the boys that Stevo or as you blokes refer to him as "milky" will be keeping in the 1s this year...surely your club is going backwards if this is true haha....oh and please don't mention colesy name on here again his head cant get any bigger

brett;231661 said:
Hello Nick
How old is the bub now i am thinking 4 years old, and the darl is she all good any plans for more kids.
Heard on the grape vine your heading to Central as your mate May heads back to West.

Yep nearly 4, running amok!! & another on the way, due first few weeks of cricket..So going to be a bit busy until the break maybe a few one dayers to start the season & see what hapens after that..??

Yes mate heading back to centrals, probably have a pretty quiet year cricket-wise, Not sure about yr other 2 rumours, as far as i'm aware they are both staying at the same clubs, can't see why Maysie would go back to play Walnut??
When's jr Pup on the cards?

good luck with the move to Manartha, is it turf.. where the hell is that??

brett;231661 said:
Hello Nick

S May is staying at centrals although he is not captain this season.

Brude's Just admit your the cougar or is it Barry!!

& yes Craig has been named captain of centrals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back