CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

when is this mycricket site updated? i want to see some results and stuff. is this the best place to view them? the cmca site is pretty rubbish.

the ladder is updated.. starting to take shape. i reckon the top four now will b the teams that play finals. clearly the best teams in it. would be good if mackie choked again. west bentleigh are struggling with the bat. havent seen much of washington. thought ana were good but they just keep losing.

a gap between the bottom 4 and the rest. union are not a bad side, looks like easts taught them a bit of a lesson on the w/e.. good to see didnt like the way they behaved on the field. talking rubbish and not thinking theyre better than they are, especially that new keeper they have got not sure of his name? not gaynor. no right to sledge cos he hasnt done much to back it up. interesting to see if elwood can hold on to top spot, seems that easts are starting to get their game back in order and are the irresistable force, as much as i hate to see it.

think uniting miss the finals.. think that they are better than they are and surridge seems to have taught them to act on the field. talking rubbish and sledging poorly. diff is surrige can back it up most of the others havent done anything to b able to mouth off yet. dont think they show much respect not sure what u have been teaching them brett

cmca nerd;301120 said:
when is this mycricket site updated? i want to see some results and stuff. is this the best place to view them? the cmca site is pretty rubbish.

the ladder is updated.. starting to take shape. i reckon the top four now will b the teams that play finals. clearly the best teams in it. would be good if mackie choked again. west bentleigh are struggling with the bat. havent seen much of washington. thought ana were good but they just keep losing.

a gap between the bottom 4 and the rest. union are not a bad side, looks like easts taught them a bit of a lesson on the w/e.. good to see didnt like the way they behaved on the field. talking rubbish and not thinking theyre better than they are, especially that new keeper they have got not sure of his name? not gaynor. no right to sledge cos he hasnt done much to back it up. interesting to see if elwood can hold on to top spot, seems that easts are starting to get their game back in order and are the irresistable force, as much as i hate to see it.

think uniting miss the finals.. think that they are better than they are and surridge seems to have taught them to act on the field. talking rubbish and sledging poorly. diff is surrige can back it up most of the others havent done anything to b able to mouth off yet. dont think they show much respect not sure what u have been teaching them brett
Did you go to the same school as Brett?

brett;300973 said:
Mick are you for real how is your maths pal, seems to be as good as my english. I will make it simple for you if there is say 200 sides in the comp over 15 grades making a total of 100 games a weekend. Then Changing the 200 sides from 15 grades to 20 grades will still mean there will be 100 games played mate.
Think about it, the only time an extra day will be the fact we req 21 weeks instead of 20 and i suggested 1 sunday or Australia day could be used.

Just because extra grades are created does not mean there will be extra sides, it will be the same number of sides spread out of more grades.

So its not that hard Mick you play 7 sides once at home and once away also once in a 2 day game and once in a 1 day game.

There is no doubt it could work but i can't see anything left off field been brought in by the CMCA Executives.

As earlier mentioned just a discussion piece pal.

Possibly one of the more absurd posts I've made. Severe case of Mondayitis.

I'll applaud the lateral thinking, but the subtle dig at the CMCA Execs is uncalled for. You call me arrogant, yet you piss off to another league and start taking pot shots at your former league's execs like you're above the law now. Classy stuff.
As much as your's isn't a bad idea, if it ain't broke why fix it? Omega finished last in 07/08 and have been highly competitive in 08/09 thus far. And if memory serves, under that system Elwood would currently be in your B Section after finishing 9th last year. Hardly seems reasonable considering the year they're having.

Mick I am not having a dig at the execs, I know that they have always stayed with the current format.
And i also know for such a thing to get voted in it would be up to the clubs to vote for it which is unlikely, It is up to the execs to set the gender for this topic i was not bagging them.
As earlier mentioned months ago i am a fan of what they do and i actually recall defending them whem someone bagged them so you have got me wrong.
Your right about Elwood who would clearly sit on top of section 'B' but they would have had good company with Omega and Kingston Heath and Your boys and would seemly get promoted the following you, it was just an idea and a topic for debate.

I don't think it would ever get put in, i just like the format and was generally interested to see if anyone thought it was an Ok idea.
Clearly you don't seem to like it and that is fine.

Have a good new year.

brett;300973 said:
There is no doubt it could work but i can't see anything left off field been brought in by the CMCA Executives.

As earlier mentioned just a discussion piece pal.

Fair enough. I found it hard to interpret this as anything other than a dig. Making reference to the execs wasn't necessary other than to make a point of there ineptitude whence considering change.

brett;301567 said:
Mick I am not having a dig at the execs, I know that they have always stayed with the current format.
And i also know for such a thing to get voted in it would be up to the clubs to vote for it which is unlikely, It is up to the execs to set the gender for this topic i was not bagging them.
As earlier mentioned months ago i am a fan of what they do and i actually recall defending them whem someone bagged them so you have got me wrong.
Your right about Elwood who would clearly sit on top of section 'B' but they would have had good company with Omega and Kingston Heath and Your boys and would seemly get promoted the following you, it was just an idea and a topic for debate.

I don't think it would ever get put in, i just like the format and was generally interested to see if anyone thought it was an Ok idea.
Clearly you don't seem to like it and that is fine.

Have a good new year.

I applauded the lateral thinking, Brett. Meaning I am a fan of the idea. My point was that just because a decent idea has been proposed doesn't necessarily mean we need to run with it. I'm of the opinion that it ain't broke, so why fix it?
Quite simply I see nothing wrong with the current system and believe there's no need for change. Not only this, but the CMCA's decision to leave the top grade unchanged after last season has been vindicated. As was their decision to promote Bentleigh ANA ahead of Chelt Park a little while back. The powers that be seem to get it right most of the time and the competition is better for it. Radical changes like your proposed 8 team divisions seem a trifle bit unneccessary for the time being.

agree with u cmca nerd about a lack of respect some teams show towards their opposition.. especially some young bucks having a dig at some old fellas. they need to prove themselves before they run their mouth. think that elwood will finish top and east sandy 2nd. dont think they are holding on as such their form hasnt really waned at all. may b decided by the sandy v elwood game in the last round.

mick and brett can u take ur arguments elsewhere please. fair enough when valid suggestions are raised but going tit for tat is boring for the rest of us. would rather hear of ur opinions about relevant issues such as the one that cmca nerd has posted. lets hear ur thoughts on the top 4.. who will they be?
who will be the batter who tops the runs at the end of the year? harris is looking pretty good atm, any dark horses?

I agree with the tit for tat, but the topic was relevant as someone a few weeks back posted an issue about the bottom 4 teams in each grade been very weak.
And people in the past have mentioned at times the idea of uneven fixtures in playing some sides in one day games and others in the 2 day format, i just had an idea for debate and just because you ormondespy didn't have an opinion on it does not make it a topic not worth talking about.:D

But regarding CMCAnerds topic i agee, but i also used to be a young buck who gave it out were i was at times was out of line.
But keep in mind when young kids play with seniors they can be targeted.

I think some kids use sledgeing to help with the transition from Junior to Senior as they use it as a bridge to get involved with there senior team mates, and some kids are just smart arses.

Bottsy;298109 said:
Yeah, I agree that most Woolnough sides will struggle but people seem to expect that any side that gets promoted needs to be a top four contender. If you look at the four bottom sides in Longy this year surely whoever wins Woolnough can't be too far away from being competitive with them.

As for Saturday, we seemed to be very flat and the Ommies were up and about with a couple of early wickets and with some good honest bowling and ordinary batting we were in deep trouble and didn't recover. It was still game on having them at 4 for 14 and because we were bowled out in 32 they were able to use the extra overs and pass us in the 40th over.

Got out of Southland at 10 o'clock. Should have gone by myself, would have been done in half an hour but of course the girlfriend turned that into 3 hours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're a bloody pisser Bottsy. Cracking jokes and stuff. As if you have a missus! Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

great post on best bowlers in Woolnough & Kingston Heath...

More of that talk & less of Mick & Brett's argument would b good.

KH can only prove itself in finals after the last 2 years but have the tools to do it. They may be a bat short if they r chasing a big score..

I played in the tight game they won 2 weeks ago so saw a lot of them..

Leroy is clever captain who reads the game well

Waltrich is a good keeper but an outstanding bat. Plays straight & gets forward.
Other opener is solid,
Morel is deadly, almost as dangerous as Bell.
Manning is ugly but puts a great price on his wicke
Leroy is a good player & the other kids can all bat.

Bowling is very consistent, Rayner is handy, Lark annoying cos he gives u nothing & the other opener ok.They r fit & young & field well.

Totally agree on the credit being given to them as a club. They r full of kids with more coming through judging by their lower teams & junior results. Hope they push into Longy cos they r building a great cricket club. Al seems to be doing a great job as Prez..

As for best bowlers in woolnough..

For me Finicharrio is the class of the comp, so hard to pick up with that action & yards quicker than anyone else

Morpett & Sherlock were a great force for the grade, Jase is a star, no bloke tires harder & he has a lot of tricks too..
Flav is class, all brains & outthinks players. Similiar style to Stacy Brown(going well at Casey!)

D'Amico's bowls a good line & moves it away..

Heard plenty about the Cluden youngsters so look forward to playing them!

Interesting that you rate Finocchiaro so highly, Saul. Agree with his pace and action making him tricky, but found that he had a serious issue with his length. Consistently bowled that comfortable length which made it easy to get him away. Didn't really seem to think about what he was doing. If he can work it out he'll definitely be a quality front liner, but I suspect that action might be a hard one to control.
Bell would most certainly be the pick of the bowlers I've seen this year. Already has 20+ wickets and as mentioned follows up with quality 2nd & 3rd spells. Blessed with a bit of height, has great pace and mixes up his lengths well. If he can learn to move the ball in the air or off the deck, God help us.
Sherlock is a class act. Really knows his lengths. I think maybe his pace is the only reason he's no longer playing in the top grade, but he'll hang around for a while in Wooly if he keeps swinging the ball around like he does. Bowls the lines well and doesn't take long to work out what his opponents are doing.
Ash Worker seems to be a forgotten man. He's the backbone of the Moorabbin West attack. Another one who bowls the lines well and nags at a good length. Aydin I've said enough about.
I think it was Sacks (bowled the first over for Bri Dist) that is a handy bowler. Didn't have much support which made life tough for him, but moved the ball away well.

A little biased I might be, but Kerod Burton from HW is one to watch. The kid only turned 18 recently and has a super action. Swings the ball in well at good pace. Looking fwd to a few more years as an opening partner with him. Then there's the skipper Byrne-Murray who is hands down the best bowler for variation I've seen in CMCA cricket. Doesn't back himself enough.

Looking fwd to 2009. Agnos has been a stalwart at Southside with both bat and ball. There's been enough said about the Kingston & Cluden bowlers. Should be a good challenge. Omega have always had a solid attack and Union are the unknown quantity - only lost the 1 game so far.

I liked the look of Williams from Cluden, bowls with good pace and gets good shape. K.John didn't play against us in the first round,but there's big wraps on him from what the opposition have been saying.
Zdrazil looks very handy for Union, not overly quick but hits his spots. 17 wickets thus far is more than useful.
Our attack (Omega) will only get stronger with the inclusion of 'Dutchy' Holland. With D'Amico improving every game (16 wickets) Mooch Burns, Fletcher and the legend himself Steve Cruwys providing a really good mix of bowlers. If only our batsmen could make some runs we'd be in the mix come March.

Kingston Heath deservedly sit on top of the ladder atm, but they are very much beatable. I think if u put their bats under pressure chasing a score like Brighton Districts did 2 games a go they are suspect to the pressure. Haing said that their top 4-5 bats like going after their shots and can score at a quick rate. I tip that because of this that they will win all their 1 day games!

My predicted top 4 at the end of the season in Woolnough:
1. Kingston Heath
2. Moorabbin West
3. Brighton Union
4. Hampton United

That last spot is right up for grabs between 5 sides. The bottom 3 can't make it too far off the pace. Assy RSL didn't really impress me, Highett West big guns need to fire every game, The 2nd Xi sides ANA, Omega, East Sandy all will be pushing but tipping HU to sneak in. Thoughts???

Elwood leading the table at Christmas,but have close followers in East Sandy then 4 teams locked up on 24 pts (Brighton union,Mackie,Uniting and Wash ups.)

Looking at the rounds to go Elwood have 3 of the top 4 including East.
East have Elwood then 3 bottom teams.
mackie,union,uniting and wash ups all play each other.

For me East will run away to the top with Elwood not stepping up.

The 4:

East Sandy
Mackie
Uniting
Ana.

Uncle Mick;302001 said:
Interesting that you rate Finocchiaro so highly, Saul. Agree with his pace and action making him tricky, but found that he had a serious issue with his length. Consistently bowled that comfortable length which made it easy to get him away. Didn't really seem to think about what he was doing. If he can work it out he'll definitely be a quality front liner, but I suspect that action might be a hard one to control.
Bell would most certainly be the pick of the bowlers I've seen this year. Already has 20+ wickets and as mentioned follows up with quality 2nd & 3rd spells. Blessed with a bit of height, has great pace and mixes up his lengths well. If he can learn to move the ball in the air or off the deck, God help us.
Sherlock is a class act. Really knows his lengths. I think maybe his pace is the only reason he's no longer playing in the top grade, but he'll hang around for a while in Wooly if he keeps swinging the ball around like he does. Bowls the lines well and doesn't take long to work out what his opponents are doing.
Ash Worker seems to be a forgotten man. He's the backbone of the Moorabbin West attack. Another one who bowls the lines well and nags at a good length. Aydin I've said enough about.
I think it was Sacks (bowled the first over for Bri Dist) that is a handy bowler. Didn't have much support which made life tough for him, but moved the ball away well.

A little biased I might be, but Kerod Burton from HW is one to watch. The kid only turned 18 recently and has a super action. Swings the ball in well at good pace. Looking fwd to a few more years as an opening partner with him. Then there's the skipper Byrne-Murray who is hands down the best bowler for variation I've seen in CMCA cricket. Doesn't back himself enough.

Looking fwd to 2009. Agnos has been a stalwart at Southside with both bat and ball. There's been enough said about the Kingston & Cluden bowlers. Should be a good challenge. Omega have always had a solid attack and Union are the unknown quantity - only lost the 1 game so far.

Good point on worker, both very clever bowlers who stay very patient. Ash's struggling a bit with his body tho.. Steve is a star, so dangerous with the bat.

Finocharrio bowled good length in a OD game this week but with that action i agree it would b hard to control. Got good feedback from a couple of our regular 1's guys

Darren Sacks is the opener for District who has barely bowled a ball offline all year. He moves it around & never says no to a bowl. he is a wholehearted cricketer who is starting to get some support.

Bit RICH;302882 said:
Elwood leading the table at Christmas,but have close followers in East Sandy then 4 teams locked up on 24 pts (Brighton union,Mackie,Uniting and Wash ups.)

Looking at the rounds to go Elwood have 3 of the top 4 including East.
East have Elwood then 3 bottom teams.
mackie,union,uniting and wash ups all play each other.

For me East will run away to the top with Elwood not stepping up.

The 4:

East Sandy
Mackie
Uniting
Ana.

ANA

Carnegie South V Bentleigh ANA Lords Res No 2
(Should win this one:6 points)

Le Page Park V Bentleigh ANA Le Page Park No1-
(Le Page rolled ANA last year in what was a huge upset. ANA otherwise their season is over.)

Bentleigh ANA V Mackie King George No 1
12 point game for both teams. ANA to win.

Hampton Central V Bentleigh ANA Simpson Reserve
Hampton will hit their straps and this could be the game unless they want to play Woolnough. Central just…..

Bentleigh ANA V Washington Park King George No 1
The winner could be playing for a finals spot. Washington finally broke their ANA hoodoo last season. ANA in a close one.

Total points: 42.

BRIGHTON UNION

Brighton Union V Elwood Hurlingham No 1
One guarantee.Lots and lots of runs!. Should be a belter of a game.Elwood to win.

Brighton Union V Washington Park Hurlingham No 1
Washington were 1/0 off the first ball last season and then promptly dismantled the Union attack to score a convincing win.Can’t see it happening again, but Washington may be on a mission. Union to win.

Bentleigh Uniting V Brighton Union Centenary Park
Again, lots of runs guaranteed with some of the Comps best players on show.Uniting to win.

West Bentleigh V Brighton Union Victory Park No 1
Jekyll and Hyde Wests.On their day they can beat anyone.Union to win.

Brighton Union V Mackie Hurlingham No 1
The last meeting went down to the wire with the machine just getting over the line. Will be another close encounter.Union to win.

Total Points: 42

MACKIE

Mackie V Bentleigh Uniting Mackie Rd Res
Bentleigh Uniting beat Mackie in the corresponding fixture last year.Mackie turned it around in the First Semi.
Mackie is off the boil and struggling.Lucky to get away with a tie against West Bentleigh, and a pathetic effort against Omega.
Could be the game that ends their season. Uniting to win.

Mackie V Elwood Mackie Rd Res
Never played last season due to inclement weather.Elwood back themselves against Mackie as they believe they have a tried and true formula to beat them in one day games. Elwood easily.

Bentleigh ANA V Mackie King George No 1
12 point game for both teams. ANA’s skipper knows all of the Mackie players well and will hold them in good stead. ANA to win a close one.

Mackie V Le Page Park Mackie Rd Res
On the ropes last year and only a brilliant knock from the skipper got Mackie out of jail.Mackie to just get over the line.

Brighton Union V Mackie Hurlingham No 1
The last meeting went down to the wire with the machine just getting over the line. Will be another close encounter, but the result may be reversed.Union to win by 5 wickets.

Total points:30 points.

ELWOOD

Brighton Union V Elwood Hurlingham No 1
Elwood to win.

Mackie V Elwood Mackie Rd Res
Elwood to win.

Elwood V Carnegie South Elwood Pk No 1
Elwood to win.

Washington Park V Elwood Packer Reserve
Elwood to win.

Elwood V East Sand. BC Elwood Pk No 1
Grand Final preview??? East Sandy to win this one.

Total points:54 points

BENTLEIGH UNITING

Mackie V Bentleigh Uniting Mackie Rd Res
Bentleigh Uniting to win.

West Bentleigh V Bentleigh Uniting Victory Park No 1

Bentleigh Uniting V Brighton Union Centenary Park

Bentleigh Uniting V Omega Centenary Park

Le Page Park V Bentleigh Uniting Le Page Park No1

Total points: 54 points.

WEST BENTLEIGH

West Bentleigh V Washington Park Victory Park No 1
West Bentleigh to win.

West Bentleigh V Bentleigh Uniting Victory Park No 1
Uniting to win.

Omega V West Bentleigh Bricker Reserve
West Bentleigh to win.

West Bentleigh V Brighton Union Victory Park No 1
Union to win.

Carnegie South V West Bentleigh Lords Res No 2
West Bentleigh to win.

Total Points: 39.

WASHINGTON PARK
West Bentleigh V Washington Park Victory Park No 1
West Bentleigh to win.

Brighton Union V Washington Park Hurlingham No 1
Brighton Union to win.

Washington Park V East Sand. BC P Packer Reserve
East Sandy to win.

Washington Park V Elwood Packer Reserve
Elwood to win.

Bentleigh ANA V Washington Park King George No 1
ANA to win.

Total Points: 24 Points.

EAST SANDY

Win all of their remaining games.
Total Points:57 points.

LADDER:
EAST SANDRINGHAM:57 POINTS
ELWOOD: 54 POINTS
BENTLEIGH UNITING: 54 POINTS
BRIGHTON UNION:42 POINTS.(BETTER PERCENTAGE)

nice review clocker. disagree with a few of your sentiments though..

1- ana have lost the plot and dont think will figure

2- mackie might b a bit off the boil but think that they will bounce back. they will win more than 1 more game for the yr and willl b pushing for finals

3- reckon that elwood will have a bit of a slide once harris stops carrying them. maybe win 2 of last 5 games. danger games against mackie, washups, lose against union, and esbc

4- cant see uniting winning 4 of last 5. they are being overrated and i reckon will be in the logjam from 3rd-6th. lose against union and one of mackie and west bentleigh.

5- west bentleigh to sneak in with an east draw

6- east sandy will drop another

ladder
1 esbc
2 elwood
3 union
4 west bentleigh

esbc and elwood to play each other in last round and 1st final. union still pretty strong side. mackie to just miss out hopefully choke in last game and give us all another good laugh

Agree. Can't see ANA challenging when their 2 best bats are hiding at 5 or lower. Campbell & Mikkelson need to take the new pill or at least make up 2 of the top 3.
Get in there and build a foundation for the others and they might see more development in their kids as well as get some consistency through the order. At the moment they're winning the games they should on the back of those 2 making runs, but haven't got near their opponents in their 3 losses.
Mackie will bounce back. Are always thereabouts every year. Have the talent to go all the way but somehow keep finding ways to lose. Won't be ruling them out.
Like the call on West Bentleigh. They really are a Jekyll & Hyde outfit. Some quality matchwinners. A lot better than their results have shown in the last year and a half.
Elwood are the unknowns for me. I can see them winning only 2 of their last 5, or if Harris & co keep churning out the runs, they could continue on their merry way to a Longy flag.
Wash Ups are also a bit of an unknown. Not sure they have the cattle to go all the way, but could cause a few upsets and pinch a finals berth.
Would have to say Elwood & East Sandy are probably the only sure bets for a finals spot right now. Wash Ups, Wests & Uniting will know their fate in the next 2 weeks.

As far as Wooly goes, have to agree with "pdog" at this stage. In my opinion, the gap between Asp/Edi's best & worst this season has them out of calculations. Would need to win every game and I can't see it happening. Ourselves and Cluden are in the same boat in respect to wins. Huge ask from there. Still anyone of the side above Asp/Edi are a huge chance. As is the case in Longy, a few of those sides play each other in the next 2 weeks. Would expect to have a good idea of the top 4 after then.

pdog pizza's;302066 said:
Kingston Heath deservedly sit on top of the ladder atm, but they are very much beatable. I think if u put their bats under pressure chasing a score like Brighton Districts did 2 games a go they are suspect to the pressure. Haing said that their top 4-5 bats like going after their shots and can score at a quick rate. I tip that because of this that they will win all their 1 day games!

My predicted top 4 at the end of the season in Woolnough:
1. Kingston Heath
2. Moorabbin West
3. Brighton Union
4. Hampton United

That last spot is right up for grabs between 5 sides. The bottom 3 can't make it too far off the pace. Assy RSL didn't really impress me, Highett West big guns need to fire every game, The 2nd Xi sides ANA, Omega, East Sandy all will be pushing but tipping HU to sneak in. Thoughts???
Agree with all but one.(Red indicates likely winners)
Kingston Heath:Hampton United,Highett West, Union, Omega, Moorabbin West: Total:64 points
Moorabbin West play:Omega,ANA,Asp.Edi ,Hampton United & Kingston Heath. Total:60 points
Union play:Brighton District,Southside,Kingston Heath,Highett West & Hampton United. Total:51 points
East Sandy play:Asp.Edi ,Omega,Southside,Cluden & Brighton District.Total:48 points
Hampton United play: Kingston Heath,Brighton District,ANA,Moorabbin West & Union. Total: 36 points
ANA play:Cluden,Moorabbin West, Hampton United, Asp.Edi & Southside.Total 36 points
Omega:Moorabbin West,East Sandy,Highett West, Kingston Heath & Asp.Edi:Total 30 points
Asp.Edi play:East Sandy, Cluden,Moorabbin West, ANA & Omega.Total: 21 points

Having seen the remaining draw for the Woolnough grade Im thinking about changing my thoughts to sneak East Sandy in. They definately have a more favourable draw to Hampton United. The top 3 all look safe.

Pretty easy to just pick the highest side on the ladder to win each game there, Clocker. I wouldn't think it'll be that simple. Definitely expect there'll be a few upsets. However, I do agree that East Sandy are in the most favourable position. With a few players missing in their 1st & 2nd XI sides in the next fortnight, any slip up could prove costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back