CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

On to more interesting matters...

A reminder that the Battle of Glen Eira is on this Sunday starting at 10:30am, between ANA, Bentleigh Uniting, Washington Park & West Bentleigh. The final will finish by 6pm.

Come down to King George to enjoy a few beers, or even some daiquiris!

Sugar;314203 said:
On to more interesting matters...

A reminder that the Battle of Glen Eira is on this Sunday starting at 10:30am, between ANA, Bentleigh Uniting, Washington Park & West Bentleigh. The final will finish by 6pm.

Come down to King George to enjoy a few beers, or even some daiquiris!

Is there prizemoney and/or a trophy? Official umpires?

For those that aren't interested, get out to Melbourne University for the VMCU Grand Final and support the CMCA U/21's. Or of course, Mackie are hosting their $1,000 draw.

All that aside, the real interest is in Rd.9. Another massive round with almost every game in the top 2 grades having an impact on the final 4.

A more focused Mackie, to keep Uniting at bay with a win over ANA - whom I suspect will be putting their eggs into the "Battle of Glen Eira" basket this weekend.
Centrals to finally break the duck and get a win on the board. Surely they're due?! Charlie Anderson & the yet to be dismissed Simon Blick to blast them home.
Uniting seem to have the most in-form bowling attack at the moment. Union might falter here and find themselves battling with Uniting and Mackie for the last 2 finals spots in Feb. Elwood should get over a competitive Carnegie outfit in a tight one.
The Jeckyll & Hydes to just keep their finals hopes alive in a close one against Omega.
And lastly, East Sandy to stay atop of the pile with a convincing win over Wash Ups. Duddy to crack the 500 mark.

As mentioned previously, 11th placed ANA are a realistic chance of playing finals cricket, so the door is wide open for spots 3 & 4. Union have slipped up and could find themsleves in 7th position by Australia Day if results go as expected.
First off the Kookas are flying after an upset win over the flag favourites. Should get the points against Omega and hopefully sneak into 3rd spot.
Next up is Kingston Heath, who I'm expecting to bounce back hard against a Union team that looks to be on the slide.
Moorabbin West should avenge their GF result from last year, but don't be surprised if Asp/Edi get up and keep their finals flame flickering. McConville's contribution will be the difference.
East Sandy have Southside who will be buoyed by their first win last week. Big chance to stave off relegation, but Jamie "The Run Machine" Ross should see his boys sneak into the 4 by Saturday night.
Hampton United started the season off well, but have won just 1 of their last 5. I'm tipping them to bounce back and win well this week. Bell to have a day out.
And for what now looms as possibly match of the round. Both sides having won their last 3. The loser of this one can probably book their end of season trip for early March. Hurley has 2 tons from his last 2 hits and might do enough to get them home again this week.

CLOCKER;314225 said:
Is there prizemoney and/or a trophy? Official umpires?

There is a Perpetual Shield that will go to the winning club, along with a man of the match award.

The winning club will win $1,000 prizemoney.

Official umpires will be officiating in all games.

Uncle Mick;314236 said:
For those that aren't interested, get out to Melbourne University for the VMCU Grand Final and support the CMCA U/21's. Or of course, Mackie are hosting their $1,000 draw.

All that aside, the real interest is in Rd.9. Another massive round with almost every game in the top 2 grades having an impact on the final 4.

A more focused Mackie, to keep Uniting at bay with a win over ANA - whom I suspect will be putting their eggs into the "Battle of Glen Eira" basket this weekend.
Centrals to finally break the duck and get a win on the board. Surely they're due?! Charlie Anderson & the yet to be dismissed Simon Blick to blast them home.
Uniting seem to have the most in-form bowling attack at the moment. Union might falter here and find themselves battling with Uniting and Mackie for the last 2 finals spots in Feb. Elwood should get over a competitive Carnegie outfit in a tight one.
The Jeckyll & Hydes to just keep their finals hopes alive in a close one against Omega.
And lastly, East Sandy to stay atop of the pile with a convincing win over Wash Ups. Duddy to crack the 500 mark.

As mentioned previously, 11th placed ANA are a realistic chance of playing finals cricket, so the door is wide open for spots 3 & 4. Union have slipped up and could find themsleves in 7th position by Australia Day if results go as expected.
First off the Kookas are flying after an upset win over the flag favourites. Should get the points against Omega and hopefully sneak into 3rd spot.
Next up is Kingston Heath, who I'm expecting to bounce back hard against a Union team that looks to be on the slide.
Moorabbin West should avenge their GF result from last year, but don't be surprised if Asp/Edi get up and keep their finals flame flickering. McConville's contribution will be the difference.
East Sandy have Southside who will be buoyed by their first win last week. Big chance to stave off relegation, but Jamie "The Run Machine" Ross should see his boys sneak into the 4 by Saturday night.
Hampton United started the season off well, but have won just 1 of their last 5. I'm tipping them to bounce back and win well this week. Bell to have a day out.
And for what now looms as possibly match of the round. Both sides having won their last 3. The loser of this one can probably book their end of season trip for early March. Hurley has 2 tons from his last 2 hits and might do enough to get them home again this week.

Lets hope that the BOGE lasts longer than the BOBS did, good concept though providing the clubs take it half serious and the crowd gets behind it.
The host clubs will always make a bit to put in their coffers, the concept could run into difficulties with the water restrictions as some clubs require permits for grounds on Sundays, and with the restrictions, you may find this affects these types of club functions in the future.
The prize money is well worth it, there should be some money for the 3rd and 4th placed teams as well,they should play before the final, this would ensure that everyone hangs around until the final is completed.
Go the 21s, hopefully they can bring home the silverware, it would be a fitting result for Bruce Haley, he has worked hard over a good period of time.
I'm not too sure about the $1000 day at the garage, there wouldn't be too many queing up for that one.:eek:

ur line of work brian.. a news presenter?

just back on that run out in the VTCA i thought that once either bail was dislodged then it couldnt be given out and the stump had to b ripped out. am i wrong? does only one bail have to be still on?

on another matter i heard from a reliable source that a young player from elwood had a few too many beers on the weekend and gave a few lads from ESBC a piece of his mind about how good elwood and himself were, and how esbc werent any good any more. uncle mick.. u know a few boys from sandy can u elaborate on this rumour?

Also for those who are interested is Centrals $1000 day this sunday from 12 noon.. Great day, with plenty of entertainment especially Charlie MC'ing the day... be prepared to here the words SPARE ME alot..:D:p
Day features-Music, games & truck load of memorabilia 20= prints up for auction ( varied items inc- footy, cricket, Horse racing, historic pics & more at bargain prices)
$20 will get you a ticket into the draw, BBQ lunch and FREE drinks for a limited time (usually lasts til late in the day) what better value can you ask for??

Hope you can make it.. Cheers !!

Waisberg to personally welcome and entertain all ANA persons who attend. That's just the kinda guy he is.....

The Elwood incident you speak of FFF, was Bunting having a skinful in him at Elwood Lounge Saturday night and gobbing off to a few boys who were there for a going away shindig. Nothing worth noting. Just pissed talk.

Good luck to all on the weekend.

Uncle Mick;315044 said:
Waisberg to personally welcome and entertain all ANA persons who attend. That's just the kinda guy he is.....

The Elwood incident you speak of FFF, was Bunting having a skinful in him at Elwood Lounge Saturday night and gobbing off to a few boys who were there for a going away shindig. Nothing worth noting. Just pissed talk.

Good luck to all on the weekend.

Mick,

Geez the Elwood boys must have been travelling well on Saturday night, some of them ended up down at the home of cricket in Nepean HWY, apparently they were also not backwards in coming forwards to a few of the boys from Big Hurly, this prompted some note taking for the return bout.
I think the boys from '' Wattie What's there name'' should try a keep a lid on things as they haven't sewn up a spot in the top 4 just yet.
Just because they have won more than their usual 3.5 games a year this season, doesn't entitle them to be taken too serious at this stage.
I bet the boys from Hurly will be looking forward to spanking them again if they get the chance.

Archie Roach;315057 said:
Mick,

Geez the Elwood boys must have been travelling well on Saturday night, some of them ended up down at the home of cricket in Nepean HWY, apparently they were also not backwards in coming forwards to a few of the boys from Big Hurly, this prompted some note taking for the return bout.
I think the boys from '' Wattie What's there name'' should try a keep a lid on things as they haven't sewn up a spot in the top 4 just yet.
Just because they have won more than their usual 3.5 games a year this season, doesn't entitle them to be taken too serious at this stage.
I bet the boys from Hurly will be looking forward to spanking them again if they get the chance.

yeah righto archie whoever u are.. the boys werent that bad and just having a few beers and a laugh shouldnt be jumped all over by urself and uncle mick. elwood are having a fantastic year and to say that they wont make the 4 is rubbish. if i was an opposing team id be taking us seriously or it will be at your peril considering we have been on top for most of the year.

and uncle mick i dont think theres any need to name names marsh is a great fella whos had an awesome year so far. hes allowed to have a laugh with the esbc boys if he wants to.. and y are u defending them anyway u dont play there anymore last time i checked??

Ormondspye

Simple really have you not defended any of your mates before, and besides Uncle Mick is the Oracle on everything.
Relax Mick just a light hearted crack mate.

can anyone give a detailed run down of the battle of glen eira, how the day went.
Scores, runs, winners, loosers anything.

ormondespy;315336 said:
yeah righto archie whoever u are.. the boys werent that bad and just having a few beers and a laugh shouldnt be jumped all over by urself and uncle mick. elwood are having a fantastic year and to say that they wont make the 4 is rubbish. if i was an opposing team id be taking us seriously or it will be at your peril considering we have been on top for most of the year.

and uncle mick i dont think theres any need to name names marsh is a great fella whos had an awesome year so far. hes allowed to have a laugh with the esbc boys if he wants to.. and y are u defending them anyway u dont play there anymore last time i checked??

I think you're being a little bit precious there young fella. I wasn't jumping all over anyone, nor was I defending the ESBC boys. Someone asked what happened and I repeated what I'd been told. The ESBC persons involved thought nothing of it, hence "nothing worth noting".

A couple more upsets on the weekend sees Woolnough blown wide open. Moorabbin West were upset when the openers failed to get going. Kingston Heath dropped their 2nd in a row even though Waltrich & Morel got runs. The Champ obviously imposed himself on the young attack. The Kookas looked like they had it in the bag before a brutal innings got Omega to a very respectable 219. Fielding for Omega was exceptional. Unfortunately, same couldn't be said about their catching. Couple of brilliant individual efforts with Burns(Omega) & Byrne-Murray(HW) both taking 3 wickets and scoring 90+. Going one better was the machine that is Mark Bell (4 for and 92). 30 wickets and 300 runs already for the year is a super effort. His performance on the weekend would've been the difference in getting United home against ANA. East Sandy had solid contirbutions in their score of 7/210. Probably always going to be too much for a struggling Southside line up. And lastly, Cluden have kept the heat on the pack with a comfortable win over Districts.
Aspendale(8th) are 1 win away from Union(3rd) with HW, HU, Cluden & ESBC all 3 points ahead of them in equal 4th. 3 crucial games will shape the 4 this week and 2 others to bear an influence. Another exciting round beckons.

The Battle of Glen Eira was a great day. All teams had a good blend of first eleven players as well as up and coming kids.

Washington Park’s early preparation pre-match enabled them to score 230 against Bentleigh Uniting, yet despite Simon Richards making 90 (from memory), Bentleigh Uniting fell about 20 runs short. ANA played West Bentleigh on the main ground, and following his ton on Saturday, Stuart Campbell top scored with 65 in ANA’s 166. Marc Reid made 56, but in the end West Bentleigh fell 20 runs short.

In the final, Washington Park won the toss and batted first, however ANA’s bowlers, including Brad Dolman, Tim Caterson, Bryce Jansz, Brad Lovell, Andy Lee and David Fulco put the pressure on and rolled them for 125, with Dermott Cleary top scoring with 40. ANA passed them with 7 overs to go losing only one wicket. Stuart Campbell again dominated making 90 not out. Thus ANA are the inaugural winners of the Battle of Glen Eira, taking home the Glen Eira Shield as well as the $1,000.

Bentleigh Uniting’s juniors defeated Bentleigh ANA’s team in the junior Twenty20 match.

Congratulations to all clubs for participating on the day, as it was well supported by everyone, including people from other CMCA clubs. We look forward to Bentleigh Uniting hosting the event next Australia Day weekend.

Photos of the day are in the ‘Photos’ section of the ANA website www.bentleighana.com

Obviously 272 runs on the weekend not enough for the Chair. He seems to have already replaced Stewie as skipper with the ‘Johan Botha’ of ANA, one David Marsh.

ormondespy;315336 said:

Who the hell are you Ormodoespy? Don't get yourself too tied up in knots, it may affect your cricket.
It was heard on good aurthority about the mouthing off, so we'll leave it at that for now shall we.
Of course Elwood have had a good year ''SO FAR '' but check the draw out young fella, they still have to beat Wash Ups and the boys from Sandy.
Tough draw i'd say, lets talk in 4 weeks.

Should be an interesting 4 weeks in longmuir shield in the next 4 weeks with 6 teams still in the finals race. west bentleigh and uniting being the unlikely contenders to date.

Also in Woolnough 3-8 will be battling it out for the final 2 spots with kingston and moorabbin being signed and sealed in the top 2.

Bit RICH;316709 said:
Should be an interesting 4 weeks in longmuir shield in the next 4 weeks with 6 teams still in the finals race. west bentleigh and uniting being the unlikely contenders to date.

Also in Woolnough 3-8 will be battling it out for the final 2 spots with kingston and moorabbin being signed and sealed in the top 2.

Hate to burst your bubble Rich, but Moorabbin West has Hampton United and Kingston Heath in their remaining games. We're quietly confident that if we take care of ourselves at Highett West and those results are favourable to us, we'll pinch 2nd spot on percentage. If McConville doesn't get runs MW doesn't win. And with Ash Worker and Shane Wallace in doubt it leaves them with a very young and susceptible side. Fortunately only 3 side have a realistic chance of moving above them and all 3 sides play each other in the remaining rounds, so they will stay safe in the 4. Then there's Union who may only need 1 win to sure up their place in some March action.

Plenty of key remaining games in Woolnough:
Round 10:
East Sandy v Cluden - loser can kiss finals goodbye.
United v M West - United must win.
Union v H West - a must win for us.

Round 11:
H West v Cluden - could be a fizzer if both sides lose Rd.10, but also a chance for us to pinch 2nd if MW lose both games.
K Heath v M West - Kingston have faltered, but are guaranteed a top 2 finish.
United v Union - massive game that will determine the fate of either side. Could also be a fizzer if both sides lose Rd.10.

Looming large is last year's premiers. They're 3 points behind the pack, but if neither of the teams 4-7 win two games, then lock in Asp/Edi for 4th spot.

Based on the year so far, the likely outcome should be:
K Heath
M West
Union
East Sandy

However, there could be a case for a number of positions in the 4 with the varying form of some. We'll know a lot more after Rd.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back