CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Super post that, Clocker (The studious statistician) , right on time.
Om's will go alright this year. No doubt Vorbs doing very nice job with the youth there, perhaps just bridging the fence between juniors and seniors over a long period (5 year plan). What do you reckon Archie?

Promising signs at the moment, Bunt. By all reports the finished product should be flat. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Jimmy Olson;353270 said:
Super post that, Clocker (The studious statistician) , right on time.
Om's will go alright this year. No doubt Vorbs doing very nice job with the youth there, perhaps just bridging the fence between juniors and seniors over a long period (5 year plan). What do you reckon Archie?

Neil has always had a soft spot for his 'beloved' Omega CC.

CLOCKER;352999 said:
SEASON REVIEW PART 2

Omega:The motto for the Carlton Football club for the 2009 season was ‘they know we are coming’. There are similies with Omega; not as public as the Blues, but mentioned in silent whispers within the enclosures of the Bricker club rooms.There is a swagger about Omega bordering on cockiness, and lack of confidence in their ability is not one of their shortcomings.Just ask them.

The 2007-2008 season saw Omega finish stone motherless last and at the mercy of a Woolnough club and the Executive as to whether they would remain in the top level.It is the genesis of this blog:‘Ommies to remain in top grade’.History shows that they stayed up and there was vigorous debate within CMCA circles.I have always wondered whether the Executive considered implenting the ‘ANA’ precedence by offering Moorabbin West a position in Longmuir after Aspendale-Edithvale wisely passed on accepting promotion.Clearly Moorabbin West met the required criteria which ANA outlined when they out manouvered the hapless Cheltenham Park.

The appointment of the well credentialed and experienced Clinton Ferguson was seen as the perfect appointment to guide a young Longmuir team through their development phase over the next few years.It was also hoped that he would fill the void left by the depature of the disgruntled Ivan Delac to the Hooped ones.This defection still leaves a bitter taste in many mouths down at Omega and will not be forgotten in a hurry.A trim tort and fitter Tim Malane stepped up to the challenge and led by example. An intensive pre season ensued and whilst not predicting finals were quietly confident of a vast improvement. A nail biting win against Carnegie South in the opening round got them off the mark albeit in an unconvincing manner. A second round against the highly fancied Hoops produced an interesting match.Defending 162, Omega had the hooped one reeling at 7/107 and an upset was looming. Unfortunately they were unable to sustain the pressure and a few dropped catches cost them dearly as the were passed 8 down.An honourable defeat, however any skipper will tell you that there is no such thing.It is still a loss.

A round 3 encounter with Washington resulted in another disappointing defeat, although they managed to post a respectable 243, chasing the Sharks 9/272. A 4th round encounter against the rampaging Elwood looked ominous, however they did well to dismiss them for 213 with 7 overs remaining.Unfortunately they were unable to chase down the score and fell short being dismissed for 192. Another disappointing defeat against ANA,after being 1/31 then collapsing to 7/107 and managed to muster 162.ANA passed the score 4 down and Omega was faced with at 1-4 record.A one day match against Mackie loomed thanks to a rain in week 1 of Round 6. Mackie, having escaped with a tie against West Bentleigh in the previous round were considered certainties and whilst they physically attended Bricker Reserve their minds were elsewhere and Omega took them to the sword and dismissed a disgraceful Mackie for 86 with 7 overs remaining.After a nervous start at 4/14 Omega eventually passed the score without too many dramas and ensured that Mackie’s season was in turmoil and eventually was to cost them a place in the finals.A further loss to Le Page in Round 7 after chasing a modest 9/159 was very disappointing and again their middle order collapsed to be 6/80 and they did well to get as close as they did making 9/154. A meeting with the juggernaut in Round 8 threatened to become ugly, and East Sandy compiled a 5/264 from their 38 overs and effectively ended the match.Omega responded with 9/165.A further loss to West Bentleigh left Omega with a 2-7 record and still not out of the woods from a possible relegation battle. The round 10 encounter against Bentleigh Uniting saw Omega reeling at 7/79. The skipper kept working and finally managed to guide Omega to a very respectable 201, of which he contributed 111 not out.Uniting were frustrated and dropped a few catches which further exacerbated their position. Many words were exchanged within the group which probably summed up their season. The game was abandoned due to the heat and what became known as ‘Black Saturday’ and effectively ensured that Omega would not finish last.The final round against the hapless Hampton Central promised to be an interesting affair, mainly to see if Centrals could break their duck. Omega batted first and compiled a massive 6/345, and in response Hampton Central made a gallant 291. A total of 636 runs from two teams which struggled to make runs during the season.

Omega is in a rebuilding phase and it will take time for them to develop their team.The batting is clearly a problem in failing to occupy the crease for their allotted overs and incurring regular collapses which places them on the backfoot in trying to salvage an innings.The statistics show that they have three batsman in the top 50:Clinton Ferguson. Tim Malane & Glen Beckett.Between them they made 44% of their runs for the season. Their bowling attack has been viewed as pedestrian at times and could do with the addition of a penetrating bowler. Interesting that the astute calculating figure of Neil Vorbach lingers in the background at Omega. He has opted to step aside from senior coaching duties after being offered the ANA job last season and fending offers from a few clubs post season. He has elected to spend time coaching the Omega juniors which can only be an advantage for the club.Where this will lead in the future is open to conjecture, however I would not be surprised if one day in the not too distant future he returns, possibly with a youthful team who have cut their teeth in Longmuir and ready to challenge the juggernaut.

Until next time….

Marvelously magnificent stuff that. In fact way way way too good for the readers of this forum.

Well the Uncle Mick & Merlot forum has sprung to life maybe we need to list it UM the shares would go up and down a lot, just like a few of my portfolios!

Jimmy

Nice to see you have briefly reloaded the camera and fired a few shots after a lengthy absence.

Disposable

UM & I are use to the good quality work produced by Clocker , a Johnny come lately like you and being of the younger variety it would do you well to read and replicate some of vintage clocker stuff.

Clock

Rumour has it you maybe on vacation and posting from afar, have the facilities got a good computer setup or have you got the trusty laptop?

Bottsy,

When does training start down at the oasis and any luck in confirming whether the real or fake B is about to take the reins of the camel train?

Still no sign of the child and I might just have to round up Archie if he is allowed out again after last week's performance and get down to the new Ronald McDonald reserve Taj Mahal and see if the quiet Burger Bourbon is alive and well ,after an unhealthy lenghty absence from the forum.

Go Dees are in for another trashing which I didn't leave the mansion for and no doubt missed another opportunity to rub elbow pads with Adam in the LR.

A bit weeary after a busy week will forgo the merlot and the horlicks and just pop the balding head on the pillow into dream land.

Good luck to the rockers as there is no real footy on in melb,will try and spot you on the boundary line in the usual spot and try to remember your face Archie but it was rather hazy when I attempted to see it last week,

until next time ( a quote I see Clocker has pinched !! ) .................. Merlot

Righto i am back from my short spell.

UNCLE MICK, you come on here and question peoples character and integrity especially mine. You know so little about me yet you think it is appropriate to badger me. Now without holding back i think it is time i return serve.
For starters you continue to call a great club much better then your own VANDAL PARK on a accusation on events pre leading a Rd11 match when you were at the Boys club. You are making alot of enemys with your constant ridicule of that club and if you had some brains you would zip it.
But you quickly forget that you were the bloke that cheated during a final for your club and got caught out doing so, i remember the day as if it was yesterday you were a 1stX1 player at HW and when one of your lower grades made the finals despite the fact you did not qualify for the grade you decided to field for the match taking a catch and a couple of run outs.
Thats was against the CMCA rules which you would have known and you broke them (so fact-your a cheat) you also have lied to all forum members regarding our exchanging of numbers (so fact- your a lier also)
You question me and what i bring to a club outside my cricket ability, well on success basis i have you piped for that as i was part of the period were i helped take BUCC from near relegation to premiers. Something we all await you to do at HW.
You are a senior Captain at HW and yet you fail to be a good organiser of men & a leader, i can recall last year when you played my lads in a practice match that your organisation was 3rd rate and you had a bloke bat in a baby blue coloured tank top.
This shows your lack of ability to be a leader at your time at HW you have not pulled your club in the right direction like you should have, but whilst you come on here as if your it and a bit and parade around like your gods gift to women (which is another story for another time)
You are less then perfect pal, at time you have conducted yourself also in a poor way on here..

I can sit here and say i don't hold myself to well on this forum at times but to me i have to deal with that in way i see fit which makes it no one elses business but mine.

Old Merl whilst i don't know who you are there is one thing i have over you and that is INTEGRITY, i don't come on here under a alias and start name calling and lifting your nose up as if you are the oracle.
You maybe at times good for a yarn or a blabble but at the end of the day whilst you hide behind screen you will never have any INTEGRITY.
If you want to grow a heart let us all know who you are, because i bet that your demeanour towards all on here will change a hell of alot and i am sure you would be quiet the tip toer & perhaps one who sleeps with the night light on.

Anyway good to be back.

From

The man who calls it how he sees it.

Okay, the CMCA threads are being opened back up again. I hope the break has given some of you time to think about how you should handle yourselves on BigCricket and what the actions on here do for the reputation of the competition.

Any person who starts the sort of rubbish we saw before or breaks or seriously contravenes any other rules will be red carded for a week, no exceptions.

Posters are asked to report posts they think breach the rules or are unacceptable for this thread. You can do that using the report button which is symbolised by a triangle with a black line inside of it. It is located in the bottom left hand corner of every post made. Whilst it may come across as "dobbing", it is an effective used to help the mods clean up posts which go beyond the forum rules and makes modding the boards much quicker and also easier.

Now, with all that in mind, back to the cricket chat!

Evening All,

Good to have a reprieve and Old Merl will try and keep within the rules for the betterment of the forum.

While there is not much cricket to talk of I wish Jimmy Stynes all the best in over coming his illness and can sniff a Go Dees victory on the weekend.

Just one more boundary to bring up the three figures.

Until next time Merlot

Merlot a good drop;355074 said:
Evening All,

Good to have a reprieve and Old Merl will try and keep within the rules for the betterment of the forum.

While there is not much cricket to talk of I wish Jimmy Stynes all the best in over coming his illness and can sniff a Go Dees victory on the weekend.

Until next time Merlot

Must concur Merlot.Terrible news about Jim Stynes.Hopefully he will recover quickly.

Elwoods chances may have tumbled for the upcoming season if reports of the depature of Ano are correct.Also strong rumours that the juggernaut has lost one of their stars to Dandenong Cricket League.I hear ANA may have security guards posted around the Melbourne Indoor centre for their first training session on the 22nd July to keep you out Merlot.:D

Merlot a good drop;355074 said:
Evening All,

Until next time Merlot

Merl, my old mate,
Its good to be back, '' thanks to the mods for that '' and hopefully we can rid ourselves of the fools that have caused the problems.
I've just returned from OS and will have some good bargains up for grabs soon.
I see the web site for our comp hasn't been updated yet again, can someone tell me when the CMCA AGM is, as i want to attend and put a few ideas across?
To Clocker, interesting comments, Elwood will certainly struggle without the alphabet playing, he's served them well and has been great for the CMCA.
Rumour doing the rounds is that they may have appointed ANA's coach from last season, now that will be interesting, if true.
The barister may be staying on at Patterson Park is another one doing the circuit.
Whilst away, i thought i would write you a little poem that the '' old Merl '' might appreciate, enjoy and we'll catch you at the local footy.

> A man asked a waiter to take a bottle of Merlot to an unusually
> attractive woman sitting alone at a table in a cosy little restaurant.
> So the waiter took the Merlot to the woman and said,
> 'This is from the Gentleman who is seated over there.'...and indicated the
> sender with a nod of his head.
> She stared at the wine coolly for a few seconds, not looking at the man,
> then decided to send a reply to him by a note.
> The waiter, who was lingering nearby for a response, took the note from
> her and conveyed it to the gentleman.
> The note read:
> 'For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a Mercedes in your garage,
> a million dollars in the bank and 7 inches in your pants.'
> After reading the note, the man decided to compose one of his own in
> return.
> He folded the note, handed it to the waiter and instructed him to deliver
> it to the lady.
> It read:
> 'Just to let you know things aren't always what they appear to be, I have
> a Ferrari Maranello, a BMW Z8, a Mercedes CL600, and a Porsche Turbo in my
> several garages; I have beautiful homes in Aspen , Miami , and a 10,000
> acre ranch in Louisiana . There is over twenty million dollars in my bank
> account and portfolio. But, not even for a woman as beautiful as you are,
> would I cut off three inches.
> Just send the bottle back.'

CLOCKER;355139 said:
Must concur Merlot.Terrible news about Jim Stynes.Hopefully he will recover quickly.

Elwoods chances may have tumbled for the upcoming season if reports of the depature of Ano are correct.Also strong rumours that the juggernaut has lost one of their stars to Dandenong Cricket League.I hear ANA may have security guards posted around the Melbourne Indoor centre for their first training session on the 22nd July to keep you out Merlot.:D

True clocker i can confirm one Luke Manders is playing in the DDCA next season i know this for a fact.

Rumour doing the rounds is that they may have appointed ANA's coach from last season, now that will be interesting, if true.

Now now Archie, you being coy which is very unlike you. Ofcourse you know, so stop teasing and break the news.

brett;355211 said:
True clocker i can confirm one Luke Manders is playing in the DDCA next season i know this for a fact.

Cheers Brett. What is on the agenda for you for the upcoming season?

CLOCKER;355321 said:

Now now Archie, you being coy which is very unlike you. Ofcourse you know, so stop teasing and break the news.

Clocker,
I'll be seeing Arch over the weekend, i'll see what we can do.:eek:

Archie,

Thanks for the story it just shows Merlot is the drop of the rich and famous.It makes Merl's wealth look like petty cash!

Went to the Gee for the get up for Jimmy Stynes match and after a long time between drinks the Go Dees saluted in the ultimate tribute for our leader.It staggers me that with over 31,000 members we could only manage 20 plus thousand yet the super powers last night had 77,000 plus.

Blairy the man you think is me, isn't ,we are just life long friends who know the odd thing or two about the CMCA and know how to stay within the rules for a bit of fun.

Apologies no cricket related info but my sources are interstate and am still waiting for some information to seep out from the oasis.

Clocker you are a man of the people when is the CMCA AGM I might get that Merlot ticket back together and go along with Archie and get a few answers.

Did hear that Condeleezza did well at auction and is off to Williamstown to be nearer the daughter.But can Hiliary or someone from Congress please get the website up and running again?

Was Manders asking price too much for the Gold Caps to handle?

As always .........until next time ............Merlot

Clocker you are a man of the people when is the CMCA AGM I might get that Merlot ticket back together and go along with Archie and get a few answers.

Sorry Merlot, that is considered confidential and cannot be disclosed to the masses. I suspect that the rule book will require a little bit of rewriting based on last seasons efforts.Anyway I am sure the beautiful surrounds of Williamstown will inspire some to produce a brilliant document.

Clock,

The AGM shouldn't be confidential as Barrack needs all the new ideas he can get.I suggest the whole forum attends on mass to liven up preceedings.

Adam,

It sounded very much like you on SEN soap box as Adam from Bentleigh praising the work of young Jack Grimes who was nominated for this weeks rising star after your recommeendation last night.Still looking for you in the Long Room.Can the Go Dees get back to back wins this week?

I am not sure how they think we will miss Brett Lee seeing he hasn't been in the side for a while anyway.I am sure the Victorian Siddle will get the job down and I reckon blind Freddy could make those pommy balls reverse swing?
Hughes and North will come good and all the others will follow.

Blairy get the word out to regulars that you see on the boundary each Sunday that the forum is back and Archie maybe you could do the same of a Saturday.Did you run into winkipop?

Did hear that a long time scorer and club stalwart has bounced in with a Life Membership nomination at the Big ground on the highway.

time for a Horlicks

Until next time................Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back