Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

A fair comment FCT but if he is part of the Lavington side that lucked out then tough!!
That doesn't give him the right to come up with the solution to his misfortune and call a team cheats when he was obviously there and new the situation? If you want to justify what a cheating club is then look for the Eagles not the Phoenix.
Instead of looking for excuses and pointing his finger, take a look in the mirror mate, that's the solution to your situation, invite some of your mates too. S&F had an opportunity to influence the game in a positive way, the fact that he obviously did not speaks volumes, hit the track, train hard and get rid of the excuses.
Next time you play at home and your sitting in the changerooms at Lavington, take a look up, there is a sign that says 'if it's going to be, it's up to me', might serve you well in the future.

Funny thing to all the people commenting, how is it that we are in the finals as we speak, but not one of us are talking about the results of actual games but rather whinging? Some very good cricket has been played, and at last, you would think the discussion should be heading to how in the hell can St Pats go down by 30 odd runs after 80 overs and still have wickets in the shed, that's poor form? Top of the table one week, if the rain has it's way this weekend, it will be out the next!
Had a discussion with a spectator at the game and he tells me St Pats were unaware that by losing the game it places you as the lowest side in the next finals game? Find that hard to believe considering the experience at the round table at Xavier Oval? :confused:

All I'm saying is cut him some slack. We are all humans with emotions, including frustration and disappointment when things do not happen they should. This includes not being able to influence a game in a postive way, due to circumstances beyond any players control. While S&F's comments are harsh, he was just expressing his frustration and disappointment at what happened on the weekend. The New City players will admit themselves that the result of the game was determined by the toss of a coin and not on the abilities on the players involved, which is not acceptable for any game, let alone a final. I think it is very unfair of you to assume that S&F and the rest of the Lavington team did not try to influence the game in a positive way, I am sure that every Lavington player tried to influence the game in a positive way, but were not able to due to the poor condition of the pitch. It is in no way an excuse, but rather stating the facts.

I very rarely enter the change rooms at LPO, as I am a C Grade player and we do not play at LPO.

All I'm saying is cut him some slack. We are all humans with emotions, including frustration and disappointment when things do not happen they should. This includes not being able to influence a game in a postive way, due to circumstances beyond any players control. While S&F's comments are harsh, he was just expressing his frustration and disappointment at what happened on the weekend. The New City players will admit themselves that the result of the game was determined by the toss of a coin and not on the abilities on the players involved, which is not acceptable for any game, let alone a final. I think it is very unfair of you to assume that S&F and the rest of the Lavington team did not try to influence the game in a positive way, I am sure that every Lavington player tried to influence the game in a positive way, but were not able to due to the poor condition of the pitch. It is in no way an excuse, but rather stating the facts.

I very rarely enter the change rooms at LPO, as I am a C Grade player and we do not play at LPO.

You missed the point FCT my comments were directed at S&F not yourself, regarding your last sentence. If you feel you need to defend another person then fair enough, I am allowed to give my opinion just the same. It doesn't change the fact that he is calling clubs cheats. They are not the first team to lose a game at the toss of a coin. I, myself, have been on the end of a grand final loss from the toss of a coin, it sucks but move on. Don't get on a public forum and bad mouth a club. Congrats to the Lavington senior team on their win...good luck next week.

You missed the point FCT my comments were directed at S&F not yourself, regarding your last sentence. If you feel you need to defend another person then fair enough, I am allowed to give my opinion just the same. It doesn't change the fact that he is calling clubs cheats. They are not the first team to lose a game at the toss of a coin. I, myself, have been on the end of a grand final loss from the toss of a coin, it sucks but move on. Don't get on a public forum and bad mouth a club. Congrats to the Lavington senior team on their win...good luck next week.

Fair enough LTG, although if you said "Next time S&F play at home ...." instead of "Next time you play at home ....", it may have been a bit clearer who your comments were directed at. I wish a lot more people would follow that rule of not bad mouthing a club on a public forum because there seemed to be a lot of bad mouthing Lavington (and at least one of it's players) on this forum before the start of this season , while no one called us cheats, there were still a few nasty things said and not too many people put their hand up to defend us.

Re: Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

watch this space ritch, our seniors will go one better than last year. its just a question on who will we be playing against. tallangatta, wodonga, maybe north or st pats. any other news about moves between clubs. anyone know when the border mail will start up about the cricket?

Its always good to go back and look at some earlier comments made pre-season.......looks like this one was on the money about Lavi!

Lavi to win in a close one....but if Ball is knocked over early, it could be interesting.

Yak to knock over Raiders easily.

Good luck to all grades and hopefully the weather is kind......not looking promising for most of the week though!

Lavi to win in a close one....but if Ball is knocked over early, it could be interesting.

Yak to knock over Raiders easily.

Good luck to all grades and hopefully the weather is kind......not looking promising for most of the week though!

If ball is knocked over early will be a very good game.

Yak to knock over raiders easy? Not to sure about that they have bowled very well in the past 2 games by the looks of the bowling Josh beard back to the younger days and bowling well in the last two games and yak not being able to bat to well

So what are the current rumours getting around about people changing clubs????? Word has it Albury will be looking for a new captain next year....be interesting to see where the old one ends up.

So what are the current rumours getting around about people changing clubs????? Word has it Albury will be looking for a new captain next year....be interesting to see where the old one ends up.

Shouldn't we be waiting for this season to finish, before we start looking at next season ? Or have you started looking at next season because your club didn't get any of it's teams in this week's GFs ? :)

Shouldn't we be waiting for this season to finish, before we start looking at next season ? Or have you started looking at next season because your club didn't get any of it's teams in this week's GFs ? :)

LOL.....not at all, just trying to start a bit of a conversation up.....other than people being angry on here lately, there is not much friendly banter or actual cricket talk thats all.:p

LOL.....not at all, just trying to start a bit of a conversation up.....other than people being angry on here lately, there is not much friendly banter or actual cricket talk thats all.:p

That's fair enough. Got to admit you ask some interesting questions, I will be interested to see what answers will be given for these questions between now and Round 1 of the 2011/2012 season, where hopefully Lavington will be defending their premiership (of course there could be a bit of biase in this statement :)).

WOW!! what a final. Pity our boys couldnt quite get over the line, but what a fight. Now onto next season, Got him gone put forward a valid piece on info. Word is that marmo has given up the ghost and gone back to north albury. Not sure whether he would be in their best 11 after looking at his stats from this season, any thoughts? What about tallangatta as well, they may struggle without steve wood, and with lade getting as well, will they escape relegation next year, i reckon they will be fine though. relegation next year, i reckon it will be between new city, albury and dederang.

Well done to all final winners in both comps and to St Pats, what a great year.....must have been one hell of a celebration.

I was only joking in regards to Marmo leaving Albury based on the normal chinese whispers you hear around the traps after Country Week. Would have thought he would have stuck it out with a fairly young Albury side and tried to recruit a couple of key players. Not sure if he leaves Albury that North will want him back or even have a place for him.....they have enough good bats and their young keeper is doing alright by all reports.......time will tell I suppose. Sure he wont be the only one moving clubs if he does.

Lets hope that the lower sides can recruit or bring some juniors through next season and make all the comps very competitive in a rain free year.

Looks like a few clubs will be chasing Coaches for next season.
Be interesting to see if anyone can convince a more senior member of another club to leave where they are and make a move.
Lavi,Nth,Albury and Dederang are the Provincial Clubs ive heard are looking and Barny,Raiders,Mt Beauty and Howlong are the District Clubs.
Anyone shed any light on if any of these clubs have secured coaches

Congratulations to all 2010/2011 premiership teams.

Have to admit while as a Lavy man I would have preferred a different result in the A grade. It was a great game and will surely go done as one of the best Grand Finals of all time. While I didn't watch all of the Grand Final as I spent some time watching Lavy's C Grade Division 2 side win their premiership (the third in as many years for most of the players, the local rag seems to have missed this story). I thoroughly enjoyed watching the A Grade game with the result in doubt until the very end. All players involved in the game should be congratulated on the way they played and for providing such a high quality game.

Ok end of season this is where i see it:
Yack most likely to win in District again and get promoted.
Dederang and Albury most likely to be demoted.
New City - really good bowling attack but their batting is terrible...could be bottom 2 if they don't find some bats
Belvoir - very hot and cold, could also be in relegation territory but probably just miss finals.
East Albury - real surprise packet for me, not blessed with alot of class players but apply themselves really well as a team, have a good game plan and execute it well....on this basis and with potential recruits will play finals.
Tallangatta - could be in trouble and don't have alot of depth, will need to recruit to stay in touch...could be a surprise bottom 2.
Wodonga - good young talent and well coached....real contender
Nth Albury - perennial finalists, will recruit well and could start favourites again.
Lavington - probably best all round side in the comp last season, lack depth in lower grades but should be there abouts again....unlucky not to be premiers.
St.Pats - obviously a strong club with good depth, will play finals but not sure they have the cattle to win it again in what was a season that everything fell into place for them.

Thoughts?

Your probably not too far off the mark there Ritchie.....

Without sounding disrespectful, other than Wodonga, Lavi, North and St Pats, (maybe Tallangatta) the rest of the teams appear to make up the numbers and although they will no doubt cause an upset or two, the four teams mentioned have just about been the top sides for some time now, and unless players change clubs, there should be no change to two of them again playing in the GF.

Its so difficult to judge some of the sides on last season because it was a nightmare and not one side really had a chance to settle. I don't think North will start favourite without recruiting a good quick....they rely far too much on a gun batting side, and when that fails like it did in the final this year, they have nothing to come back with, even some of their big totals are getting chased down. Wodongas young side should be getting better each year and will be right up there next season. Lavi should have been premiers but couldn't quite close out the game and well done to St Pats, both teams will be right amonst it again. Yeah, East played well in the two finals, but really got there in the first place by winning two games and one of those was against Dederang.

If Yack do get promoted, are they likely to be any more competitive than they were during their last 2 seasons in Prov?

Suppose a lot could also depend on who changes clubs before next seasons.

Back