Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Apparently Urana Rd Oval pitch was just about unplayable. Rumour has it that Erdlejac told the umpires that play had to start at 2pm and then left without seeing a ball bowled. New City won the toss and bowled and knocked Lavi over for 63.

How hard is to put the covers on??? Are we going to get the old excuse "We had them on but somebody walking past in the middle of the night pulled them off"?

Bit rough for a team to be knocked out of the finals because a club didn't cover the wicket. Being the second time this year you'd think some serious action would be taken. Not holding my breath though.

I think in this situation there shouldn't be a coin toss. If the home side can't follow the rules and dish up a wet wicket, they should have to bat on it. Why disadvantage the other team because they were unlucky at the toss?

Disappointed to see Wodonga bow out in the first week of the finals. The only positive to come out of the weekend is that North Albury are joining them on the sidelines!!!

I have heard the same thing as you Sir Don, Erdeljac made the decision that the game must go ahead and that it must be on that ground, they weren't allowed to move it to another ground. I don't expect they will use the old excuse, expect sprinklers to get a mention. Lavi are not happy, there will be no protest on the result, but the state of the wicket was mentioned in match reports that needed to be completed when entering results.

On a more positive note for the club, they managed to beat North in A Grade, by reading some of the posts not many people were expecting that :).

Yeah who would have thought before the weekend that the two grandfinal teams from last year would be gone without a wimper.

Recon there must have been some sticky wickets everywhere other than Urana Rd judging by the scores. Some of the district scores look like the bowlers must have been throwing down sticks of dynomite.

Mainly alot of the low scores are due to finals pressure. raiders with a big upset over kiewa and not just beating them out righting them i think with the players raiders have i think they may go all the way this time

Mt beauty should be kicked outta finals same thing that happened with new city. why should be be able 2 walk past the first final and knock barny out its silly barny should stay in and mt beauty should go out

I dont know all the facts of the situation but here are some points from thruout the season and this last week.
1.New City had the points taken from them for not adequately covering their pitch
2.A directive from the board to put covers on early in the week was sent to all clubs hosting finals
3.The Chairman of the Board gets on TV on Thursday night and states that if u dont have your wicket adequately covered then suffer the consequences or words to that effect.
Whatever decision is made is gonna have a huge impact on 1 club and thats why I think it will be closer to the end of the week when this matter is resolved.

I dont know all the facts of the situation but here are some points from thruout the season and this last week.
1.New City had the points taken from them for not adequately covering their pitch
2.A directive from the board to put covers on early in the week was sent to all clubs hosting finals
3.The Chairman of the Board gets on TV on Thursday night and states that if u dont have your wicket adequately covered then suffer the consequences or words to that effect.
Whatever decision is made is gonna have a huge impact on 1 club and thats why I think it will be closer to the end of the week when this matter is resolved.

On past history I would expect the "huge impact" to be pretty insignificant. Certainly won't be as huge as the impact on the team whose season is now over because of New City's actions.

On past history I would expect the "huge impact" to be pretty insignificant. Certainly won't be as huge as the impact on the team whose season is now over because of New City's actions.

In regards to the New City V Tallengatta game at Urana Rd result from Jan, New City lost their points and Tallengatta were awarded average winning points for the game.....so I would call that quite signifcant considering that if the CAW didn't take that action New City would have played St Pats last week and Tallengatta would have missed the finals.

So in line with that action, if the wicket was not up to standard due to the covers not being put on properly (if thats what happened), the precedence has already been set.....well one would think!!!!

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question (I am not very familiar with the operations of CAW), but will CAW still do an investigation, even if the club affected does not protest the result ?

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question (I am not very familiar with the operations of CAW), but will CAW still do an investigation, even if the club affected does not protest the result ?

Not too sure if it will or will not be investigated without an official complaint, but given that earlier posts have indicated that Erdles knew about the ground and told them to play and he is according to some....Mr CAW who makes all decisons, which is probably a little unfair, who knows.

Wonder if Lavi had won the toss but the scores were still the same, whether there would still be an issue??? Just curious, because I have seen bad wickets get worse not better, although I do appreciate that that is not the point.

Was at the 20/20 finals last night and word has it that CAW are hearing several complaints tonight from last weekend that may affect the finals including a C grade team that alledgely played an A grade player under a different name that may see that team go out of the finals this week.

Everyone should know the results by tomorrow!

Once again new city cheats and but this time they will get away with it. cannot believe they knocked lavi out of finals after doctoring the pitch by not putting covers on. shows the character of the club.​

You boys need to get your facts straight before labelling clubs as cheats. Yes, we are all aware that new city were dealt with accordingly after the wet wicket against Tallangatta, the result of that see's Tallangatta play finals and New City missed out. Get a life and move on, it was dealt with and to me and every Tallangatta 1st grade player appears to be the correct outcome, being realistic would show that new city would never have performed any where near that of Tallangatta Vs St. Pats.

If you had any idea of what was actually sent out by John McMillan, it stated that it would be advised to cover your wickets early in the week as we were expecting rain. His email finished with "this is a request, not a directive". If new city failed to put the covers on before rain wet the wicket early in the week then so be it, the fact that they met all the requirements as set out in the pennant playing conditions in covering the wicket Thursday night leaves them as within the rules, if this were not the case Lavington would have appealed as the playing conditions are there to protect unfair results due to tampering or anything of the like. If it were cheating why would a team not appeal, especially after the precedent set earlier in the season by CAW? You guys have no idea that you are showing us all just how ignorant you actually are!!

Dry your tears girls you look pathetic. :p

Well said LTG.....and just out of curiosity Short and Fast, after calling the New City CC a bunch of cheats, what is your opinion on the Belvoir CC that were found guilty last night of, AND THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE CAW WEBSITE, All points lost due to the playing of an ineligible player under another players name?

Well said LTG.....and just out of curiosity Short and Fast, after calling the New City CC a bunch of cheats, what is your opinion on the Belvoir CC that were found guilty last night of, AND THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE CAW WEBSITE, All points lost due to the playing of an ineligible player under another players name?

There's no way that you can call New City cheats when there was every possibility that they could have lost the toss and been bowled out for 63 themselves. I'm sure they didn't allow the wicket to get wet on purpose but it's pretty poor form to allow this to happen before a final. Surely the curator had access to weather forecasts etc. It was a stupid mistake that ended a team's season and Lavi have every right to be upset about it. Not so upset that you can call them cheats though.

Belvoir on the other hand...........

There's no way that you can call New City cheats when there was every possibility that they could have lost the toss and been bowled out for 63 themselves. I'm sure they didn't allow the wicket to get wet on purpose but it's pretty poor form to allow this to happen before a final. Surely the curator had access to weather forecasts etc. It was a stupid mistake that ended a team's season and Lavi have every right to be upset about it. Not so upset that you can call them cheats though.

Belvoir on the other hand...........

Folks, Give Short and Fast a break. He is only venting his frustration after his team was kicked out of the finals due to having to play on a pitch which was not up to the acceptable standards for finals cricket, where the game should be decided on who is the better team, not on who wins the toss. I am sure the rest of you would react the same if you were in Short and Fast's shoes.

Folks, Give Short and Fast a break. He is only venting his frustration after his team was kicked out of the finals due to having to play on a pitch which was not up to the acceptable standards for finals cricket, where the game should be decided on who is the better team, not on who wins the toss. I am sure the rest of you would react the same if you were in Short and Fast's shoes.

A fair comment FCT but if he is part of the Lavington side that lucked out then tough!!
That doesn't give him the right to come up with the solution to his misfortune and call a team cheats when he was obviously there and new the situation? If you want to justify what a cheating club is then look for the Eagles not the Phoenix.
Instead of looking for excuses and pointing his finger, take a look in the mirror mate, that's the solution to your situation, invite some of your mates too. S&F had an opportunity to influence the game in a positive way, the fact that he obviously did not speaks volumes, hit the track, train hard and get rid of the excuses.
Next time you play at home and your sitting in the changerooms at Lavington, take a look up, there is a sign that says 'if it's going to be, it's up to me', might serve you well in the future.

Funny thing to all the people commenting, how is it that we are in the finals as we speak, but not one of us are talking about the results of actual games but rather whinging? Some very good cricket has been played, and at last, you would think the discussion should be heading to how in the hell can St Pats go down by 30 odd runs after 80 overs and still have wickets in the shed, that's poor form? Top of the table one week, if the rain has it's way this weekend, it will be out the next!
Had a discussion with a spectator at the game and he tells me St Pats were unaware that by losing the game it places you as the lowest side in the next finals game? Find that hard to believe considering the experience at the round table at Xavier Oval? :confused:

A fair comment FCT but if he is part of the Lavington side that lucked out then tough!!
That doesn't give him the right to come up with the solution to his misfortune and call a team cheats when he was obviously there and new the situation? If you want to justify what a cheating club is then look for the Eagles not the Phoenix.
Instead of looking for excuses and pointing his finger, take a look in the mirror mate, that's the solution to your situation, invite some of your mates too. S&F had an opportunity to influence the game in a positive way, the fact that he obviously did not speaks volumes, hit the track, train hard and get rid of the excuses.
Next time you play at home and your sitting in the changerooms at Lavington, take a look up, there is a sign that says 'if it's going to be, it's up to me', might serve you well in the future.

Funny thing to all the people commenting, how is it that we are in the finals as we speak, but not one of us are talking about the results of actual games but rather whinging? Some very good cricket has been played, and at last, you would think the discussion should be heading to how in the hell can St Pats go down by 30 odd runs after 80 overs and still have wickets in the shed, that's poor form? Top of the table one week, if the rain has it's way this weekend, it will be out the next!
Had a discussion with a spectator at the game and he tells me St Pats were unaware that by losing the game it places you as the lowest side in the next finals game? Find that hard to believe considering the experience at the round table at Xavier Oval? :confused:

Could they have been tryin to have a say in the demise of Nth Albury?

Back