Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Re: Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

What about the two young blokes Belvoir got from Baranduda.......Pearce and Roberts, i have heard they have some natural pace about them, the KB's would probably be next?:confused:

Short and Fast;405268 said:
other than steve wood who would be the next fastest bowlers in the comp? i know from experience that lex mcinnes is preety fast

Is Lex still playing ? Admittedly I don't follow many games outside 3rd grade unless Panthers are playing, but I did notice Lex wasn't in North's 3rd grade team when I played against them last season. Last time I played against Lex a few seasons ago I didn't think he was bowling that fast (either that or I have got used to his pace as I used to have problems with his pace) and he wasn't the quickest North player I faced that day. Maybe I just caught him when he was having a bad day.

Short and Fast;405268 said:
next fastest bowlers in the comp? i know from experience that lex mcinnes is preety fast

Doesn't he play c'grade???? While on C'Grade bowlers I played against 2 guys last season from raiders.One was really quick but could only bowl 4 overs in a spell. I thnk his name was Fatty or something like that?? The other was quick but very eratic .But there the worse type to face. Have seen Woods at his peak back in the early 90's and was scary..What about Ron Elliot back in prime!!!!

What about spin bowlers in the area? I saw this guy from North turn it a mile but playing on skinny pitches didn't help him much.???

Ritchie;405319 said:
What about the two young blokes Belvoir got from Baranduda.......Pearce and Roberts, i have heard they have some natural pace about them, the KB's would probably be next?:confused:

Rohan Pearce has a really nice action and generates a good bit of away movement, but isn't half as threatening as Steve Wood.

ThroughTheCovers;405395 said:
Rohan Pearce has a really nice action and generates a good bit of away movement, but isn't half as threatening as Steve Wood.

Granted TTC, you are comparing a young boy to a fully grown man that has the biggest shoulders in the game and has the experience of 30+ years as a frontline bowler? Of course Rohan would not be as threatening as Steve Wood in either pace, technique nor knowledge of his craft at his stage in his development:confused:

For Rohan, add five years to the equation and when he fills-out, we would be talking about a different player all together...However, he would need to align himself with a Club now that has senior players with the skills to pass on knowledge and experience and progress his on-going development accordingly, no offence intended to his current Club, but they simply do not posess the resources to do this:cool:

Love the Game;405426 said:
Granted TTC, you are comparing a young boy to a fully grown man that has the biggest shoulders in the game and has the experience of 30+ years as a frontline bowler? Of course Rohan would not be as threatening as Steve Wood in either pace, technique nor knowledge of his craft at his stage in his development:confused:

For Rohan, add five years to the equation and when he fills-out, we would be talking about a different player all together...However, he would need to align himself with a Club now that has senior players with the skills to pass on knowledge and experience and progress his on-going development accordingly, no offence intended to his current Club, but they simply do not posess the resources to do this:cool:

LTG, it appears you love Rohan nearly as much as the Tonkin and Ball love affair......i can't wait for another Border Mail article where they get the chance to p!ss in each others pockets again.......its an absolute love in i'm glad the committee up there decided to keep them in......who is in charge there anyway, Gary Tonkin and Grant Ball?? - No wonder they were re-appointed!

But seriously you do make some valid points, handy young cricketers need to be playing with good experienced cricketers if they want to fast track their development this is why North have such a successful side they have the good experienced guys there to bring the kids through......maybe more of these good young cricketers should head to New City (aka Dads Army) by the sounds of things they have plenty of experience and not much youth!:eek:

Still even though the seasons start is about 8 weeks away there will be no cricket being played until after Xmas if this weather doesn't improve:p

Ritchie;405475 said:
LTG, it appears you love Rohan nearly as much as the Tonkin and Ball love affair......i can't wait for another Border Mail article where they get the chance to p!ss in each others pockets again.......its an absolute love in i'm glad the committee up there decided to keep them in......who is in charge there anyway, Gary Tonkin and Grant Ball?? - No wonder they were re-appointed!

But seriously you do make some valid points, handy young cricketers need to be playing with good experienced cricketers if they want to fast track their development this is why North have such a successful side they have the good experienced guys there to bring the kids through......maybe more of these good young cricketers should head to New City (aka Dads Army) by the sounds of things they have plenty of experience and not much youth!:eek:

Still even though the seasons start is about 8 weeks away there will be no cricket being played until after Xmas if this weather doesn't improve:p

yeah weather has been crap. we got called off before the weekend even started haha. how has everyone elses pre season going. i know its early but i think we will be as successful, if not more, than last year. lavi to win the camron shield 2 years running.

Short and Fast;405544 said:
yeah weather has been crap. we got called off before the weekend even started haha. how has everyone elses pre season going. i know its early but i think we will be as successful, if not more, than last year. lavi to win the camron shield 2 years running.

Yer thats great but no-one remembers who wins the cameron shield, no point winning it if you don't have a 1st grade flag to go with it! :D

Can anyone give us an update on how Wodonga are shaping up?
What about the rumour that hawking will join St.Pats?
Is it confirmed that Purtell has joined Raiders?
Is Schliebs really the new site screen at Urana Rd? (sorry but this got a laugh last time), i am sure if Schliebs lost some weight he would get back to being one of the regions premier cricketers, the guy can bowl some really good leg spin when he is fit.
Will Barny actually get a turf wicket?

Can't wait to see how the season progress's.....even if we do play the first game in waders :)

Ritchie;405566 said:
Is Schliebs really the new site screen at Urana Rd? (sorry but this got a laugh last time), i am sure if Schliebs lost some weight he would get back to being one of the regions premier cricketers, the guy can bowl some really good leg spin when he is fit.
:)

Just out of interest Ritchie, when was that? I see this as a mark of disrespect to the region's premier cricketers.

just a question for everyone does anyone think that it would be a good idea to play wednesday night t20 matches up at lavi dome since the upgrade of the lights?

concrete boots;405580 said:
just a question for everyone does anyone think that it would be a good idea to play wednesday night t20 matches up at lavi dome since the upgrade of the lights?

Its an interesting one... I think the T20's have been pretty well accepted by the association and players - or at least the people I have spoken to seem to be happy with them and the Grand Finals day at LPO last year was a great atmosphere too with Steve Bowen, a good crowd and what turned out to be a great first grade GF between Norths and Tallangatta.

But it seems like they're a bit out of place at times (especially on weekends). Whether week night matches are the answer I don't know, I thought I heard rumours of having the T20 tournament around Christmas time during weekdays or something, but I mightve been out on a bender with the boys trying to tackle the big issues :D

Personally though I'd like to see the T20s stay and would have no objection to weeknight games.

The Reverse Sweeper;405577 said:
Just out of interest Ritchie, when was that? I see this as a mark of disrespect to the region's premier cricketers.

I have watched a couple of rep games he played in and he bowled well, i'm talking about 2-3 years ago now......surely the guys who play rep cricket for the association are rated as our "premier" cricketers?

Ritchie;405639 said:
I have watched a couple of rep games he played in and he bowled well, i'm talking about 2-3 years ago now......surely the guys who play rep cricket for the association are rated as our "premier" cricketers?

Not necessarily,Ritchie.Over the past 5 years or so the rep players are just 12 guys who didn't have other commitments on a Sunday. Duane's a good bloke and a handy cricketer but there is no way known he'd get a game at North Albury.

The Reverse Sweeper;405657 said:
Not necessarily,Ritchie.Over the past 5 years or so the rep players are just 12 guys who didn't have other commitments on a Sunday. Duane's a good bloke and a handy cricketer but there is no way known he'd get a game at North Albury.

Don't know where you pull your facts from TRS, but you would hardly rate the likes of Tonkin, Ball, Daniels, Taylor, Costello, Marmo to name a few from last years team as a part of 'just 12 guys'. Whilst Albury is no were near as competititve as the late 90's early 2000's when they batted to 11 and had a top 5 bowling attack that literally brought tears to the eye, Today's CAW rep side simply misses the numbers 8 to 11 that possess that game winning potential...at a representative level, that is the difference between a good side and a great one.

Duane would hold his own at Nth Albury as you need to remember, even they possess a couple of numbers within the first 11. The fact that they have a top 7 that are potential game winners is why they have been so successful. Norths bowling line-up last year was suspect to say the least but it was sheer power of runs on the board and the experience of the Senior members that teach young cricketers and bowlers how to apply scoreboard pressure that has seen them succeed over the last 15 years.

Good cricketers are more than one dimensional and Duane certainly has more to his game then the ability to bowl leg-spin, however, I am very interested to see his form as the site-screen at Urana Rd, from all accounts on here he would certainly get a run at Bunton Park!:D

have heard from a lil birdy that jack daniels had been offered the captain coach of east albury and jack has declined the offer is there any truth in this or just another rumour

concrete boots;405929 said:
have heard from a lil birdy that jack daniels had been offered the captain coach of east albury and jack has declined the offer is there any truth in this or just another rumour

that would be a huge coup if east could pick him up, he would add a huge amout to any team. anyone else have any news about new signings? pretty quiet on here lately, with lavi to gel even better than they did last year, they are looking to be the team to beat

Back