Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Re: Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Barnawatha Chiltern CC are finally getting a turf wicket and will be up for season 2011/2012, for the coming season we are hoping to be playing our home games at Willow Park. Will be good for our young blokes to be on the turf...

How hard is it to get a draw out?
Come on middo use some influence and get this going.

The draw could well play a major part in who gets relegated with wet weather forecast until late October......the teams battling out the lower positions will be hoping to draw early games against the powerhouses in the chance they get washed out:rolleyes:

There must be a big brown bag at New City, looks like there is more work going on at their ground and nets... at least they are working hard to make sure their facilities are up to standard.
Speaking of facilities has anyone heard anything about this super sports facility at Lavington Sports Oval?
Is it going to happen?

Ritchie;408092 said:
How hard is it to get a draw out?
Come on middo use some influence and get this going.

The draw could well play a major part in who gets relegated with wet weather forecast until late October......the teams battling out the lower positions will be hoping to draw early games against the powerhouses in the chance they get washed out:rolleyes:

There must be a big brown bag at New City, looks like there is more work going on at their ground and nets... at least they are working hard to make sure their facilities are up to standard.
Speaking of facilities has anyone heard anything about this super sports facility at Lavington Sports Oval?
Is it going to happen?

As far as i know ritchie the draw is done,mite b a bit longer to get things out this year without Dale Blake helpin out as i believe the new people involved arent able to put in the time that Dale did

heard a whisper that the season is starting off with 20/20's.. i cant see what the point in starting off with a pointless hit and giggle taking away from the real stuff on saturday's.. wouldnt it be better of mid week or on a sunday.. where has 50 over cricket gone? all rep cricket is played 50 overs.. :confused:

Off The Blade;408259 said:
heard a whisper that the season is starting off with 20/20's.. i cant see what the point in starting off with a pointless hit and giggle taking away from the real stuff on saturday's.. wouldnt it be better of mid week or on a sunday.. where has 50 over cricket gone? all rep cricket is played 50 overs.. :confused:

Your right OTB, but if we want the Season to start 9th October, 20/20's are perfect as not many clubs would be able to have a wicket prepared that could sustain 80 overs, wickets are waterlogged competition wide with no-one being able to get a roller near their wickets for atleast another 15 days or more and thats with no more rain...you also need to realise that T20's are here to stay so we need to introduce this to our playing structures:p. I would prefer the longer version but in October and November any cricket is good cricket...agree with the 50 overs and that is why CAW will introduce a 40 over comp next season..personally A grade District and Provincial should be 50 overs so I reckon CAW has got this wrong...a special meeting for Club delegates to vote on the CAW guidelines that govern our playing conditions is coming up so club delegates would need to raise this issue before the vote takes place...see your committee to gain the info...otherwise provincial and district rep players will play club 40 overs but rep 50 overs, does not make sense:confused:...we should be teaching our young cricketers how to play the 50 overs so that they may excel at higher levels were 50 overs is the norm in NSW/VIC rep carnivals...all clubs were sent the new Policies 2 weeks ago.

hot shot;408234 said:
so ritchie what makes you think mt beauty will struggle

'On Tour' said that Mt Beauty will struggle not the man in the 'Biege the Bone and the Off White', don't know where he gets his mail from but I would find Mt Beauty outside the six hard to believe:confused:. Willow Park, turf wickets and cricket don't seem to mix well so will be interesting watching Barnies Batting aggregate reduce by about 600 runs...definately class bats amongst them but even 'The Don' would struggle out there, so boys remember to replace your divots:D

I totally agree with "love the game" and "off the blade" I personally hate 20/20 taking away from our regular fixture, but from all accounts it would be a logistical nightmare trying to play it mid-week and sundays are to hard with senior and junior Rep Commitments.

The other problem now is that Rep cricket is going the way of 20/20 anyway... Konica Cup will now be a 20/20 which could be positve in a way with double headers being played on our canberra trips which means we play more games against more teams so a more fair ladder will be reflected.

No More Ensign Cup.

And our only other rep commitments are SCG Cup which is admittedly 50 over cricket.

Another point to note is no country week side this year which i think is dissapointing alot of excuses were made about Country Week last year and the team copped a pounding back home in the media , everyone was very quick to jump on the bandwagon and kick them while they were down and I believe it is because of the media coverage that they wont be taking a side this year everyone seemed quick to say it was because they took a shit side away but this isnt the case they had a great batting side and a weakened bowling attack and it was a case of the batting underperforming and the bowlers probably overperforming... look at the names.

D.Farrell (1st in the Comp for agg 2nd for ave)

Didnt have a good Country Week good starts got a couple of unlucky ones

T.Ball (2nd in the Comp for agg 3rd for ave and coming off a 171 when they left)
Didnt really get going.

S.Taylor (3rd in the Comp for agg 1st for ave)
Had a bad week might have made 50 agg

G.Daniels (bad year best all rounder in CAW)
Made a hundred in a clinch match on last day and bowled reasonably well maybe 6 or 7 wickets?

HMMM not a bad top Order ???

P.Plummer (9th in in caw agg and coming off 99 when they left)
Opened the batting and showed alot of ticker held the top together a few times.

M.Purtell (district cricketer of the year)
Made a few here and there...below potential.

N.Sariman (2nd highest ave and agg for a wicketkeeper in caw)
Kept well no big scores.

J.Marmo (3rd highest ave and agg for a wicketkeeper in caw)
Also kept well 1 good batting innings with Farrell didnt play to potential.

M.Spiteri (bad year Great late order hitter and swing bowler)
Not a great week with the bat and didnt need to bowl exceptional in the field and well captained.

HMMM fairly Reasonable middle order???

M.kb (25 wickets @ 11.5 in CAW)
Bowled really well opening the bowling economical and maybe 5 or 6 wickets

G.Elliott (26 wickets @ 16 in CAW)
Bowled his heart out with the new ball for 9 or 10 wickets for not many runs

P.Cook (17 wickets @ 22 from 8 games in CAW)
Bowled really well for not many wickets ....can whack a ball

M.Booth (8 wickets @ 10 and 22 @ 10 in the B grade CAW)
Non Batting Bowler Bowled his 10 every day strangely bowling offies good return of 10 or 12 wickets for very few runs.

G.Daniels & S.Taylor Also bowled really well for a combined 8 or 10 wickets

GAME 1
Restricted Seymour to 7/218 off 50---CAW were Bowled out for 180

GAME 2
Bowled out for 136 in 40 overs ----Horsham made 285 off 57 with a bit of happy hour hitting after they passed the score

GAME 3
CAW 9/225 off 50- bowled Yarra valley out for 123 in 30 overs and 8/78 off 20

Looking at all these facts it tells me that they have had their chance to play country week taken off them because of 2 bad batting displays and a shitload of bad media and to those people who think it is just a waste of money and a piss up you have to realise there is a lot of personalities in that side who HATE to lose and trust me were far from happy with their results but it would be nice to have a chance to redeem it ???
How can we claim to be a premier country leauge and not send a team.
Look at our SCG cup side from 2 years ago.

Ash Sutherland
Nathan Thompson
Brendan Simmons
Dave Castello
Greg Daniels
Josh Marmo
Michael Klein Boonschate
Michael Booth
Gerard Midson
Ben Dower
Hayden Wilson
Byron Hales

looks about the same if not worse on paper and this team were praised when they came home from orange after making a semi final??? its a fine line obviously?

If not supported it might be time for a rebel tour???;););)

lindsaygaze;408314 said:
I totally agree with "love the game" and "off the blade" I personally hate 20/20 taking away from our regular fixture, but from all accounts it would be a logistical nightmare trying to play it mid-week and sundays are to hard with senior and junior Rep Commitments.

The other problem now is that Rep cricket is going the way of 20/20 anyway... Konica Cup will now be a 20/20 which could be positve in a way with double headers being played on our canberra trips which means we play more games against more teams so a more fair ladder will be reflected.

No More Ensign Cup.

And our only other rep commitments are SCG Cup which is admittedly 50 over cricket.

Another point to note is no country week side this year which i think is dissapointing alot of excuses were made about Country Week last year and the team copped a pounding back home in the media , everyone was very quick to jump on the bandwagon and kick them while they were down and I believe it is because of the media coverage that they wont be taking a side this year everyone seemed quick to say it was because they took a shit side away but this isnt the case they had a great batting side and a weakened bowling attack and it was a case of the batting underperforming and the bowlers probably overperforming... look at the names.

D.Farrell (1st in the Comp for agg 2nd for ave)

Didnt have a good Country Week good starts got a couple of unlucky ones

T.Ball (2nd in the Comp for agg 3rd for ave and coming off a 171 when they left)
Didnt really get going.

S.Taylor (3rd in the Comp for agg 1st for ave)
Had a bad week might have made 50 agg

G.Daniels (bad year best all rounder in CAW)
Made a hundred in a clinch match on last day and bowled reasonably well maybe 6 or 7 wickets?

HMMM not a bad top Order ???

P.Plummer (9th in in caw agg and coming off 99 when they left)
Opened the batting and showed alot of ticker held the top together a few times.

M.Purtell (district cricketer of the year)
Made a few here and there...below potential.

N.Sariman (2nd highest ave and agg for a wicketkeeper in caw)
Kept well no big scores.

J.Marmo (3rd highest ave and agg for a wicketkeeper in caw)
Also kept well 1 good batting innings with Farrell didnt play to potential.

M.Spiteri (bad year Great late order hitter and swing bowler)
Not a great week with the bat and didnt need to bowl exceptional in the field and well captained.

HMMM fairly Reasonable middle order???

M.kb (25 wickets @ 11.5 in CAW)
Bowled really well opening the bowling economical and maybe 5 or 6 wickets

G.Elliott (26 wickets @ 16 in CAW)
Bowled his heart out with the new ball for 9 or 10 wickets for not many runs

P.Cook (17 wickets @ 22 from 8 games in CAW)
Bowled really well for not many wickets ....can whack a ball

M.Booth (8 wickets @ 10 and 22 @ 10 in the B grade CAW)
Non Batting Bowler Bowled his 10 every day strangely bowling offies good return of 10 or 12 wickets for very few runs.

G.Daniels & S.Taylor Also bowled really well for a combined 8 or 10 wickets

GAME 1
Restricted Seymour to 7/218 off 50---CAW were Bowled out for 180

GAME 2
Bowled out for 136 in 40 overs ----Horsham made 285 off 57 with a bit of happy hour hitting after they passed the score

GAME 3
CAW 9/225 off 50- bowled Yarra valley out for 123 in 30 overs and 8/78 off 20

Looking at all these facts it tells me that they have had their chance to play country week taken off them because of 2 bad batting displays and a shitload of bad media and to those people who think it is just a waste of money and a piss up you have to realise there is a lot of personalities in that side who HATE to lose and trust me were far from happy with their results but it would be nice to have a chance to redeem it ???
How can we claim to be a premier country leauge and not send a team.
Look at our SCG cup side from 2 years ago.

Ash Sutherland
Nathan Thompson
Brendan Simmons
Dave Castello
Greg Daniels
Josh Marmo
Michael Klein Boonschate
Michael Booth
Gerard Midson
Ben Dower
Hayden Wilson
Byron Hales

looks about the same if not worse on paper and this team were praised when they came home from orange after making a semi final??? its a fine line obviously?

If not supported it might be time for a rebel tour???;););)

I think u will find Lindsay that a lot of the kefuffle is because of the cost of the week to Melbourne.
Dont get me wrong I have always and will always b a strong supporter of sending sides to Melbourne country week as it does give players something to play for.
All rep cricket costs money and i know a few clubs and board members are totally against Country Week.
I wonder if there would be a backflip on the non attendance if there was prize money involved?
As far as the SCG Cup side 2 yrs ago I think we were only a couple of our best cricketers away from making it to the final.
Its pretty hard to get guys with young families to attend the final poart of the series when it is scheduled between Xmas and New yr but i can guarantee that every player that played in those games at Orange gave 100% for the association.

Off The Blade;408259 said:

I think T20 are here to stay but why don't they trial them mid week. That clubs can make a bit of cash over the bar etc. The season is always a slow start for many reasons. I don't think this season will be different. On the rep side of things it's a good debate. You are damned if you win or if you lose. At least make make cricket in the area the same amount of overs as rep cricket.You don't see Ford Ranger Cup being less then or more then The One Day Series. Why not make A'grade 50 overs ( 100 in a day ) that way you would get more games in each week. Also teams can't get outrighted and it make's it fair when a week is washed out.

I'm guessing alot of clubs are hoping for sunny weather so they can train and get ovals upto scratch. It's good to see Barny off to Willow park. It will make for a very interesting season playing on turf each week.

To those who think Mt Beauty will struggle give them a break they always start off slow and get better as the season goes on. That's a proven case by playing in last 2 grand finals.

big guys don't run;408389 said:
I think T20 are here to stay but why don't they trial them mid week. That clubs can make a bit of cash over the bar etc. The season is always a slow start for many reasons. I don't think this season will be different. On the rep side of things it's a good debate. You are damned if you win or if you lose. At least make make cricket in the area the same amount of overs as rep cricket.You don't see Ford Ranger Cup being less then or more then The One Day Series. Why not make A'grade 50 overs ( 100 in a day ) that way you would get more games in each week. Also teams can't get outrighted and it make's it fair when a week is washed out.

I'm guessing alot of clubs are hoping for sunny weather so they can train and get ovals upto scratch. It's good to see Barny off to Willow park. It will make for a very interesting season playing on turf each week.

To those who think Mt Beauty will struggle give them a break they always start off slow and get better as the season goes on. That's a proven case by playing in last 2 grand finals.

I think you'll find now mate they are different... the domestic one day comp has been split into a 4 innings 45 over format.
However I am in total aggreeance with all of you boys.. I'm not one to bag the CAW for their work but I feel they may have missed a trick on this one.

Lindsay gaze's points are very valid also... I believe we were having these discussions not long ago in cricketing circles about our appearance at Country Week. It is cerainly a sad sight to see this once strong country competition go by the wayside... I know there have been alot of fine cricketers that have taken their career to the next level through a week of cricket in Melbourne.
Also it will be interesting now with the fortunate weather to see if the tournament returns to Melbourne...

lindsaygaze;404354 said:
And another one i have heard but its very hazy and unconfirmed so i wouldnt bet on it.....Ben Dower and Nathan Thompson to New City ..

Thompson is more likely to play at Kiewa from what I hear.

Well, we at least have our draw for the first 2 T20's and a 2 day game (For A + B at least anyway) sent through to us.

Yack v Bethanga ( YACK) 9th Oct
Mt.Beauty v Yack ( MT. Beauty) 16th Oct

Barni/Chiltern V Yack (18th Dec)

exactly mt beauty made the grand final the last 2 years in a row and with a couple of good signings this year they should b up there again this year

It's good to see Barny off to Willow park. It will make for a very interesting season playing on turf each week.

Don't worry about Barny Chiltern playing on turf each week, they have some good young blokes who will have no problems playing on turf.... Get off the old worn out story of Barny Chiltern and the carpet wicket it's a thing of the past... Get behind the clubs push on to turf wickets...

BC Miner;408636 said:
It's good to see Barny off to Willow park. It will make for a very interesting season playing on turf each week.

Don't worry about Barny Chiltern playing on turf each week, they have some good young blokes who will have no problems playing on turf.... Get off the old worn out story of Barny Chiltern and the carpet wicket it's a thing of the past... Get behind the clubs push on to turf wickets...

Good to see Barny moving to Willow Parl. Just wondering BC who's gunna look after the wicket. Getting water to the pitch is the hardest part!!!!!

Just wondering who's ground will be ready in 2 weeks????

Is there any more playing movement.It's got pretty quiet on here.

big guys don't run;408728 said:
Good to see Barny moving to Willow Parl. Just wondering BC who's gunna look after the wicket. Getting water to the pitch is the hardest part!!!!!

Just wondering who's ground will be ready in 2 weeks????

Is there any more playing movement.It's got pretty quiet on here.

Rod Dudley is looking after the Willow Park Wicket

left armers rule;408801 said:
Have heard that Div 1 of 3rd grade this season are going to play a mixture of 1 and 2 day games. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts are in regards how the 2 day games will pan out when about a 1/3rd of the games last year resulted in teams being knocked over in 30 overs or less.

Looking forward to see how it does work out, but also don't want to see games finish at 2pm the second week after being knocked over twice. Although, I also understand that some of those teams have dropped down from the District 2's, so it may all work out fine!!!!

Gee if this true it will shake up a few teams. Like you said some teams can't last 30 overs. Just wondering which teams would came down?? I'm thinking Bethanga for sure. I can't see the Provincial teams coming down that would mean they would have 2 teams in same grade. I wonder how many teams will ask to go down to Div 2 so that can just play one dayers.

I see Lavy have picked up Liam Scammell but is he worth having if they only get a half a year committment from him?

Interesting the way they think up there!

Also they seem to have a new bowler....who is this Simon Roach?:confused:

Back