Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Congrats to St Pats for a fantastic year sweeping all 3 top grades in seniors. What has been going on at the start of the off season? Who's moving/ retiring/ staying?

saints.JPG
St Albans Breakwater cc is seeking a playing senior batting coach & 1st XI captain for the 2011/12 season.
Applicants must have level 1 accreditation or be willing to undergo training.
The successful applicant will have last season’s premiership winning captain/coach Justin Miller to remain as bowling coach and player.
Remuneration will be negotiable.
Please forward interest and/or resume to jayaa2012@hotmail.com or contact John Irvine 0433634099

Apparently there has been a big shake up at the Lavy AGM, its all over facebook.
Any body know anything about it?

word is that the current pres, grant ball was shafted by a group of 3rd graders who were attempting to take over the club. apparently half if not more of 1st grade are thinking of changing clubs because of this. has anyone herd if any have been signed up anywhere? sounds like a good way to pull apart the good work lavi did this year.

word is that the current pres, grant ball was shafted by a group of 3rd graders who were attempting to take over the club. apparently half if not more of 1st grade are thinking of changing clubs because of this. has anyone herd if any have been signed up anywhere? sounds like a good way to pull apart the good work lavi did this year.
Thanks WNM i heard the same thing.....apparently there has been some separation between 1st grade and the the rest of the club nurtured by Grant and Trent......this i am told is why Trent was sacked......the same group of third graders decided to back the new president in who apparently sought out the numbers he needed to oust the Balls........not a good look for a club that had a reasonable year but then again this sort of sh!t seems to be common place up there.
I'm interested to know where and who are half their first grade side that are going? Obviously it would be Trent but who else?:rolleyes:

Word on the golf course is that things arn't sweet at North either. May be a swap with Ball and Daniel if he is not given the captaincy back, cause he will be looking else where to play as a capt.....be one handy pick up for a fringe club.

Thanks WNM i heard the same thing.....apparently there has been some separation between 1st grade and the the rest of the club nurtured by Grant and Trent......this i am told is why Trent was sacked......the same group of third graders decided to back the new president in who apparently sought out the numbers he needed to oust the Balls........not a good look for a club that had a reasonable year but then again this sort of sh!t seems to be common place up there.
I'm interested to know where and who are half their first grade side that are going? Obviously it would be Trent but who else?:rolleyes:

So Lavi are having off season troubles. If you want your club to be succesful all players must chip in and do their bit. But if you have a handful who think they can do better and divide the club that's different. If there's friction it makes it hard for new players to be welcomed. But being Lavi who knows what these idiots are upto.

So I bet coaches have been on the phone already looking for new players. Who will go where is the big question? Can the raiders pick up a few more so they can that extra step? Belvoir seem to be slipping and nearly came last.Is it time for change at the eagles nest!!!! St Pat's are still drunk after a great season but that adds presure for this season. Most clubs have had there AGMS so is there any changes( except LAVI ) for clubs??

Michael Connors has apparently stepped down at Belvoir due to a promotion at work.
Rumour has it that Liam Scammell,Clint Gilson and Andrew Lade to Nth along with Marmo returning.
Patty Plummer to return to titans as Skipper.
Ball and Tonks to remain at Lavi but the future of the KB,s is unsure.
Also hear things are not to rosy up at Dederang.
Could b the yr when a few blokes change clubs which will hopefully even up the competition

Ja
Word on the golf course is that things arn't sweet at North either. May be a swap with Ball and Daniel if he is not given the captaincy back, cause he will be looking else where to play as a capt.....be one handy pick up for a fringe club.

Daniel and Simmons to play golf this summer is a whisper I have heard

Michael Connors has apparently stepped down at Belvoir due to a promotion at work.
Rumour has it that Liam Scammell,Clint Gilson and Andrew Lade to Nth along with Marmo returning.
Patty Plummer to return to titans as Skipper.
Ball and Tonks to remain at Lavi but the future of the KB,s is unsure.
Also hear things are not to rosy up at Dederang.
Could b the yr when a few blokes change clubs which will hopefully even up the competition

Think Marmo could be in for a shock.....word has it that more people don't want him back than do after the way he left the club. The risk of loosing their young keeper is a worry because Marmo would not be good enough to play in that side as a batsman, so might just take the gloves of him which would see him leave North.

Think Marmo could be in for a shock.....word has it that more people don't want him back than do after the way he left the club. The risk of loosing their young keeper is a worry because Marmo would not be good enough to play in that side as a batsman, so might just take the gloves of him which would see him leave North.

Any News on the North Albury and Lavington Issues?

Have the 3 strugglers in New City, Albury and Dederang picked anyone up?
I have heard all three of these clubs have lost players with none of them signing any recruits so far!
Has John Shaw signed with Patties?

So Lavi are having off season troubles. If you want your club to be succesful all players must chip in and do their bit. But if you have a handful who think they can do better and divide the club that's different. If there's friction it makes it hard for new players to be welcomed. But being Lavi who knows what these idiots are upto.

So I bet coaches have been on the phone already looking for new players. Who will go where is the big question? Can the raiders pick up a few more so they can that extra step? Belvoir seem to be slipping and nearly came last.Is it time for change at the eagles nest!!!! St Pat's are still drunk after a great season but that adds presure for this season. Most clubs have had there AGMS so is there any changes( except LAVI ) for clubs??

Look guys I know this is a place for friendly banter, but I do take offence at people calling myself and my fellow clubmates "idiots". It is easy to take pot shots at people when you sit outside the club and don't know for the full story.

I can not confirm how much of what has been written above is true. All I will say is that I was present at Lavy's AGM and while I was not canvassed in any way, I did vote against Grant Ball, as I felt it would unite the club more than divide. The new president has been a member of committee for a number of years and in that time has proven to be interested in the club as a whole and not just the 1st grade. I feel this approach will unite the club together and allow all players the opportunity to chip in rather than split the club between 1st grade and "the rest". I do remember that those present at the AGM do believe that Grant has a role to play with the club in the future, as he was nominated (by a 3rd grader) for a position on the committee which he declined.

Judging by some of Richies previous comments he either involved with Lavi as he seems to knows a lot about the inner working of the club or he simply hates them for some reson. I wouldn't take the comments to heart too much, I think most clubs have their fair share of 'idiots' either playing for them or involved in the clubs. I think every club does its best to run it as sucessfully as it can, but there is no doubt that the best clubs to play for are the ones that involve all grades and especially their juniors, particularly socially.

I have been part of clubs (not within the CAW) where the top grade thought the lower grades were beneth them, and it wasn't a fun place to be.

Look guys I know this is a place for friendly banter, but I do take offence at people calling myself and my fellow clubmates "idiots". It is easy to take pot shots at people when you sit outside the club and don't know for the full story.

I can not confirm how much of what has been written above is true. All I will say is that I was present at Lavy's AGM and while I was not canvassed in any way, I did vote against Grant Ball, as I felt it would unite the club more than divide. The new president has been a member of committee for a number of years and in that time has proven to be interested in the club as a whole and not just the 1st grade. I feel this approach will unite the club together and allow all players the opportunity to chip in rather than split the club between 1st grade and "the rest". I do remember that those present at the AGM do believe that Grant has a role to play with the club in the future, as he was nominated (by a 3rd grader) for a position on the committee which he declined.

So the club (lavington) are heading in a new direction, no big deal one would think? One of the fundamentals behind an AGM for an entity, in this case a cricket club, is so that the members can put forward who they feel are the right people to run the said club, vote and fill the required positions as set out in that clubs constitution. Every member of that club, in this situation from third grade to first grade, are able to attend the meeting, make their nominations and vote accordingly. For Lavington and most clubs, the constitution states that the calling of the AGM needs to be advertised, this AGM was in the BM prior to the date of the meeting. All club members should have been aware that the AGM was to proceed. Why then are we talking about the dumping of the the former president as unceromonious or underhanded in anyway when the former president had the capacity to gather the support needed to outstay any challenge to his leadership. The fact that he didn't is either arrogance or the fingers not on the pulse of the club.
This rubbish about third grade being underhanded and dumping him through a coup is pure rubbish, as members of that club they have a right to stand up and be counted if they felt the leadership was due for a change. I think that FTC, as you are a member of the Lavington Club, you don't need to try and explain anything that happened at your AGM, if people wanted to take an interest they should have been at that meeting to support whom they felt necessary.
As for Ritchie Got Him Gone, I would say that he is not a Lavington member, if you look at his post's prior to any of the current listings, you can see that he give's the club stick before the AGM and continues to give it after the AGM, this to me says that he is not a Club member as he's just angry all the time, the AGM itself and the new administration has not changed his perspective. It seems that Lavington is just a club Ritchie 'loves to hate'.

Who cares about this AGM crap. It would've been worth talking about if players were leaving the club. Unless there's something interesting happening, let's move on.

LTG, I can tell you from following this site for some years that some people attack their own club just to stir shit sometimes or even under several different names and argue with themselves, again to stir shit, which is quite funny when you think of it.

I am with you Sir Don, lets get some good old fashion banter and rumours going as to who is leaving what clubs.

Bit of a question from left field guys. Would people be interested in an IPL style 20/20 competition held on a wednesday night? Its only an idea a few of us have had at this stage, but the players would be selected from any club, any grade, and players would be trying to raise money for charity.

Bit of a question from left field guys. Would people be interested in an IPL style 20/20 competition held on a wednesday night? Its only an idea a few of us have had at this stage, but the players would be selected from any club, any grade, and players would be trying to raise money for charity.

Thats an interesting one. Problems that the concept could face is:
1. guys finishing work in time to play mid week
2. wickets getting prepared mid week, might have to go with the hard wickets
3. the clash with the current 20/20 comp that most clubs struggle to get guys to commit to

Recon guys would all like to form the ultimate Dream Team with their outer club mates though.....what about a 10 over comp where every one has to bowl one over, have played in one of those comps and they are great fun and very tough on batter and bowler....good leveler for members from all grades

Back