Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Inswinga;356286 said:
Couldn't disagree any more, the last thing the provincial competition needs is this. Mt Beauty were far from the standard 2 years ago despite having 3 paid imports in their squad. I understand your point that Albury are having their troubles and at times have been unsavoury to play against; but at least (in the years gone) they are capable of being very competitive with every club in the competition.

Titans might be stuggling a little with personell, but would be no different if they were put back to district. The first grade team has several players good enough to ensure they'll continue to be very competitive, Mt Beauty simply don't, nor do Yackandandah for that matter and time will tell for Dederang.

Lots of people had doubts when the associations merged that the former 8 team ABCA would become a weaker standard and in my opinion 2 years down and its beginning to show.

The only way sides coming up are going to be competitive (with the exception of belvoir) is by recruiting from other provincial clubs (which in turn makes these clubs weaker) or by importing from overseas. This was a concern at the beginning and its already beginning to show. Nobody can blame Dederang, Mt Beauty, New city or whoever for recruiting from Prov clubs because it is in their best interests as a club, but surely everyone is beginning to notice that the only way these sides are going to improve is at the detriment of the other clubs!

You say 'if the board want to be taken seriously' with a bit of a fast tongue, I believe in the current board led by MJ , who steps on toes but always does what he believes is right for everyone. If I had my way though I'd see us back to an 8 team comp, I just doubt there is enough talent to evenly spread around for 10 teams with 11 cricketers good enough to make the standard the best in regional victoria, which is where we should be.

Yes Inswinga spoken like someone who has their head up their arse....you are obviously a provincial cricketer who knows little to nothing about anything else but whatever happens in your own backyard.....what the **** do you think Titans/Albury/SS&A have done for years????? Thgink a bit before you make comment.....why not let a club get to Provincial who has at least got a junior structure and can be self sufficient....this was the point i was making dufus.

I do agree in part with your comments about what the competition can sustain....the board should not make this a numbers game, quality also needs to come into it!

And for the record......don't ALL clubs recruit???????:confused:

Inswinga;356286 said:
Lots of people had doubts when the associations merged that the former 8 team ABCA would become a weaker standard and in my opinion 2 years down and its beginning to show.

The only way sides coming up are going to be competitive (with the exception of belvoir) is by recruiting from other provincial clubs (which in turn makes these clubs weaker) or by importing from overseas. This was a concern at the beginning and its already beginning to show. Nobody can blame Dederang, Mt Beauty, New city or whoever for recruiting from Prov clubs because it is in their best interests as a club, but surely everyone is beginning to notice that the only way these sides are going to improve is at the detriment of the other clubs!

You say 'if the board want to be taken seriously' with a bit of a fast tongue, I believe in the current board led by MJ , who steps on toes but always does what he believes is right for everyone. If I had my way though I'd see us back to an 8 team comp, I just doubt there is enough talent to evenly spread around for 10 teams with 11 cricketers good enough to make the standard the best in regional victoria, which is where we should be.
Can't agree with you more in regard to the weakening of the other Provincial clubs, Dederang had to bring up 3 quarters of its players from Albury/Wodonga to win a District flag and now are beginning to raid other prov clubs with Dixon and more likely to come. What is their long term future when the travellers stop coming up and they have to rely soley on local talent to remain compeitive in Provinicial. This will likely prove to be the common theme for a any District based team getting promoted. If the talent level in the Prov comp is thinned is Promotion/Relegation really worth it? :confused::confused::confused:

RUNOUT;356394 said:
Can't agree with you more in regard to the weakening of the other Provincial clubs, Dederang had to bring up 3 quarters of its players from Albury/Wodonga to win a District flag and now are beginning to raid other prov clubs with Dixon and more likely to come. What is their long term future when the travellers stop coming up and they have to rely soley on local talent to remain compeitive in Provinicial. This will likely prove to be the common theme for a any District based team getting promoted. If the talent level in the Prov comp is thinned is Promotion/Relegation really worth it? :confused::confused::confused:

Also missing the point here......if the playters remain in the provincial comp how can the talent in the comp be getting thinned?
This is an issue that is up to the clubs to manage.....become a club that people want to be at and there is no issue! All sounds like Provincial sooking to me!

Ritchie;356408 said:
Also missing the point here......if the playters remain in the provincial comp how can the talent in the comp be getting thinned?
This is an issue that is up to the clubs to manage.....become a club that people want to be at and there is no issue! All sounds like Provincial sooking to me!

young spike (brendon kliens boongate) is staying at albury,which is great news for the club.
also heard kb(micheal his brother) is moving back to albury.
for a club that doesnt no what they are doing,there doing a pretty good job??
go albury,stick it up em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUNOUT;356394 said:

Actually none of our A Grade premiership winning team resides in Dederang any more so does that mean 100% of the team had to be brought from Albury/Wodonga?;)

the chief;356412 said:
young spike (brendon kliens boongate) is staying at albury,which is great news for the club.
also heard kb(micheal his brother) is moving back to albury.
for a club that doesnt no what they are doing,there doing a pretty good job??
go albury,stick it up em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also heard that matt hill matt mcdonald kade brown mitch nelson and chris willis have signed at albury I think gilson is callin on all of his contacts to get this club out of the shit
Good luck to him

Its Honestly Middo;356423 said:
Actually none of our A Grade premiership winning team resides in Dederang any more so does that mean 100% of the team had to be brought from Albury/Wodonga?;)
Unfortunately thats exactly the point. With no Raiders in the comp and the Titans (Sorry Albury C.C.) and East's on the improve i'd expect them to be in for a max 2 seasons with Yack to finish bottom this year and the aging Ranga's the following year.

RumPig;356351 said:
Bump!
A total re-structuring of the comp is required to breath fresh air into the merge. Some Prov B Grade teams would walk through some District A Grade teams at the moment. This is merely a concept for consideration, as opposed to flogging what could possibly be a "dead horse".
What about a similar set up as the Wang comp, with A, A Reserve, B and C grades. The comp would look like:-
A Grade
*Nth Alb
*Wodonga
*Tallangatta
*Lavi
*Albury
*Easts
*New City
*Dederang
*Wod Raiders
*Belvoir
*Mt Beauty
*St Pats

A Reserve
*Yack
*Bethanga
*Baranduda
*Barny/Chiltern
*Nth Alb
*Lavi
*East's
*Belvoir
*St Pats
*Wodonga
*Kiewa
*Howlong

B Grade
*Yack
*Bethanga
*Baranduda
*Barny/Chiltern
*Dederang
*Mt Beauty
*New City
*Albury
*Wodonga Raiders
*Kiewa
*Tallangatta
*Howlong

C Grade- Where applicable

This would give the comp an even 12 sides per grade and allow for District sides to play perennial strong Prov 2's teams, while allowing the district Prov teams which usually have little depth to compete against the lower Prov 2's teams. Any clubs that field 4 sides would play in C Grade. District sides without turf wickets have either Scots or Willow to play on, giving all three grades an turf comp. This set up seems to have worked well in the Wang comp. Any thoughts?

hoppers_08;356526 said:
Also heard that matt hill matt mcdonald kade brown mitch nelson and chris willis have signed at albury I think gilson is callin on all of his contacts to get this club out of the shit
Good luck to him

Also heard that Josh Marmo has been courted by Gilly to play at Albury.

RUNOUT;356532 said:
What about a similar set up as the Wang comp, with A, A Reserve, B and C grades. The comp would look like:-
A Grade
*Nth Alb
*Wodonga
*Tallangatta
*Lavi
*Albury
*Easts
*New City
*Dederang
*Wod Raiders
*Belvoir
*Mt Beauty
*St Pats

A Reserve
*Yack
*Bethanga
*Baranduda
*Barny/Chiltern
*Nth Alb
*Lavi
*East's
*Belvoir
*St Pats
*Wodonga
*Kiewa
*Howlong

B Grade
*Yack
*Bethanga
*Baranduda
*Barny/Chiltern
*Dederang
*Mt Beauty
*New City
*Albury
*Wodonga Raiders
*Kiewa
*Tallangatta
*Howlong

C Grade- Where applicable

This would give the comp an even 12 sides per grade and allow for District sides to play perennial strong Prov 2's teams, while allowing the district Prov teams which usually have little depth to compete against the lower Prov 2's teams. Any clubs that field 4 sides would play in C Grade. District sides without turf wickets have either Scots or Willow to play on, giving all three grades an turf comp. This set up seems to have worked well in the Wang comp. Any thoughts?

That's a far better structure than whats currently in place now. The merger has had enough time to sink in, its time to start improving the set up of the comp. There are obviously a few good ideas floating around, all looking for ways to enhance what has been started for future generations.

have heard that matt hill is a sure thing at albury but is halfway through a 2 year deal with astor knightriders,will be interesting to see if albury can pull him out of the shit!

ab16;356891 said:
have heard that matt hill is a sure thing at albury but is halfway through a 2 year deal with astor knightriders,will be interesting to see if albury can pull him out of the shit!

So they actually have arrangements in bush cricket?

ab16;356891 said:

Myself and the rest of the people from Dederang would b very upset if Matty did decide to play for Albury.
Is a very good cricketer though and would b up to the standard.

Its Honestly Middo;356911 said:
Myself and the rest of the people from Dederang would b very upset if Matty did decide to play for Albury.
Is a very good cricketer though and would b up to the standard.

thought you said there is no one in your side that LIVES in dederang,your club should move into town????

the chief;356959 said:
thought you said there is no one in your side that LIVES in dederang,your club should move into town????

Yeah we could do that,change our name and start in Provincial,apparently u r allowed to do that!!!!!!!

Not taking back anything i said about the ss&a albury of old it seems as though they are getting the right personell on board this time gilly will run a tight ship and Kade Brown and Matty Hill are good blokes and good cricketers and the kb boys always go about their business in the right manner.....would be in desperate need of some top order bats to help out restall to be a real contender.

lindsaygaze;357006 said:
Not taking back anything i said about the ss&a albury of old it seems as though they are getting the right personell on board this time gilly will run a tight ship and Kade Brown and Matty Hill are good blokes and good cricketers and the kb boys always go about their business in the right manner.....would be in desperate need of some top order bats to help out restall to be a real contender.

look at the stats last year,blokes done better then restall,pull your head out of your arse,now you you no albury will be there to win it.
sounds like you are a raiders sore loser,get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all the boys at Albury Cricket Club/Albury Titans/SSA for the 2009/10 season, but just remember boys form is temporary but class is permanent so show a bit on this forum.:):):)

the chief;357066 said:
look at the stats last year,blokes done better then restall,pull your head out of your arse,now you you no albury will be there to win it.
sounds like you are a raiders sore loser,get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it sounds like you are one of those ss&a players I have been talking about thanks for showing your true colours and proving my point. I'm not interested in statistics they are irrelevent everyone knows he is the best bat in the team and one of the best in the comp, sounds like sour grapes to me "the chief" must have slogged a few more runs than luke and wants a bit of recognition well done mate.........jealousy is a curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back