Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

big guys don't run;364841 said:
well restall to patties.ifso how much coin ???? at least they will have the coin???? also heard barny have picked up a few players to top up there ever green list.with a ex wodonga player coming on board.they will be over the moon if he goes well.

Dont think the money side of things ever comes in to it with Luke big guy.
He just wants to play for a good club with a good bunch of blokes around him.

On th other topic i also have heard of a couple of ex Wodonga players heading out to Barny,1 of which i definately would not like to b facing on a carpet wicket.:D

wizards;364763 said:
Word on the Street has it that the Titans might not even get a team together?
I was told the Albury boys won't have a problem with numbers but they're A's are very thin on talent and are more likely to be down the bottom of the ladder fighting with Yack and Dederang to avoid relegation.

Hey Big guy, whats happening at the West Wodonga Raiders????
Sounds like last years entire A-grade team has left, is anyone who played A's last year sticking around??

Big move in Prov with Retall to Patties, think he finally was sick of being the go-to guy every game and have to make the bulk of Albury's runs. Reckon his inclusion could boost the Patties up to a top-2 team this year.

Haven't heard much out of Tallangatta or Lavington for the season, whats happening out those ways??

Also, the District comp has been extremly quiet on the news front. Any early tips or mail on the bush comp?

Ducks fly together;365114 said:
Hey Big guy, whats happening at the West Wodonga Raiders????
Sounds like last years entire A-grade team has left, is anyone who played A's last year sticking around??

well i haven't been to training yet but what i have heard is that some are staying and some are going. those going are week as piss.they said they would stand by the club at end of last season.in some cases they may end up playing c grade at the club they go to.we expect to be very competive.

the only other news about the so called bush comp is well..............barny seem to be the only ones picking guys up.

Big recruit Restall to patties, someone capable of making big scores.they now have one of the best bats & one of the best bowlers in the comp looking for big things from the patties, not far away last year could be a bolter this year.

If north albury are missing 2 of there strike bowlers as well as the pommie
how will they go bowling teams out? runs shouldn,t be a problem but who will take wickets g daniels, costello?

wonder if wodonga can improve on last year? or are they like raiders a couple of years ago & fall right away after loosing a granny.

tallangatta have been consistent for the last few years, will be intrested if woody goes around again.

Lavy might struggle, not sure about the rest

good luck to everyone, not long to go now BRING IT ON

big guys don't run;365254 said:
well i haven't been to training yet but what i have heard is that some are staying and some are going. those going are week as piss.they said they would stand by the club at end of last season.in some cases they may end up playing c grade at the club they go to.we expect to be very competive.

the only other news about the so called bush comp is well..............barny seem to be the only ones picking guys up.

well big guy, hopefully you boys still do OK, but cant see it after your 2 best bats leaving.

Who have Barny picked up? Didn't think there would be blokes wanting to travel out there to play on carpet. I heard there was 1 or 2 guys who used to play out there heading back, but didnt think they could be too strong at recruiting. :confused:

On another note, what is everyone's thoughts on the season beginning with 2 weeks of 20/20, good to get it out of the way, but a slog-a-thon early on doesn't help anyone find any form.:eek:

Anyway, not long now until the first balled is bowled and 2009/10 in underway!:D:D

I know the topics are all about the higher grades....but I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are in regards to the 3rd grade comp.

Firstly, it is an absolute joke to have a competition where you dont play against at least five teams in the home and away season. To be able to go through a season and not play any of the top five sides but still make the finals is crazy.

Secondly, there are only only a few competitive teams (North and Lavi Black dominated last season) with most clubs filling their sides with juniors that get flogged week in week out which is not good for cricket.

Thirdly, the points system is unfair. You have team such as Lavi which is full of guys that should be playing at least 2nds playing on a home ground the size of a postage stamp racking up scores such as 380, 402 and 379 and getting massive bonus points.

Lastly, players competing in finals should have to had played at least five games in thirds to qual for the finals. There were too many guys from the seconds playing in the finals that had played a couple or no games at all in thirds during the home and away season.....third grade should be for guys after a bit fun on a Saturday or for giving juniors their first taste of senior cricket.

Surely it would not be that difficult to have two divisions with the top and bottom teams going up and down eash season and get rid of the bonus points system.

left armers rule;365721 said:
I know the topics are all about the higher grades....but I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are in regards to the 3rd grade comp.

Firstly, it is an absolute joke to have a competition where you dont play against at least five teams in the home and away season. To be able to go through a season and not play any of the top five sides but still make the finals is crazy.

Secondly, there are only only a few competitive teams (North and Lavi Black dominated last season) with most clubs filling their sides with juniors that get flogged week in week out which is not good for cricket.

Thirdly, the points system is unfair. You have team such as Lavi which is full of guys that should be playing at least 2nds playing on a home ground the size of a postage stamp racking up scores such as 380, 402 and 379 and getting massive bonus points.

Lastly, players competing in finals should have to had played at least five games in thirds to qual for the finals. There were too many guys from the seconds playing in the finals that had played a couple or no games at all in thirds during the home and away season.....third grade should be for guys after a bit fun on a Saturday or for giving juniors their first taste of senior cricket.

Surely it would not be that difficult to have two divisions with the top and bottom teams going up and down eash season and get rid of the bonus points system.

Hey Lefty,

From what I have heard it will be 2 divs in 3rds. I think the minimum requirement was a mistake as it read in the rules you must play a minimum of 3 games and it was still in there from when all games were 2 dayers. I agree with the fun and blooding the juniors. Not the Egos that should be playing higher.

It wouldnt be so bad a couple of good players with juniors to help guide them.

The Seamer;365772 said:
Hey Lefty,

From what I have heard it will be 2 divs in 3rds. I think the minimum requirement was a mistake as it read in the rules you must play a minimum of 3 games and it was still in there from when all games were 2 dayers. I agree with the fun and blooding the juniors. Not the Egos that should be playing higher.

It wouldnt be so bad a couple of good players with juniors to help guide them.

well i couldn't agree more.I have been pushing for 2 div's since they joined the two comps.The likes of lavi and north albury should at least be playing district 2's or play more juniors in c'grade.the likes of barny and yack it's a wonder that the kids come back each week to play.CAW should make it that a club can only field one team per grade.That would make a more fairer spread over the grades and still have the numbers.Lets see what happens this season and hopefully CAW do something rite by the players in c'grade !!!!!!

Looks like New City have picked up a few players from other clubs but they also lacked numbers last season.

big guys don't run;366033 said:
well i couldn't agree more.I have been pushing for 2 div's since they joined the two comps.The likes of lavi and north albury should at least be playing district 2's or play more juniors in c'grade.the likes of barny and yack it's a wonder that the kids come back each week to play.CAW should make it that a club can only field one team per grade.That would make a more fairer spread over the grades and still have the numbers.Lets see what happens this season and hopefully CAW do something rite by the players in c'grade !!!!!!

Looks like New City have picked up a few players from other clubs but they also lacked numbers last season.

Ok North 3rds, sorry you are 2 suuccessfull we are going to have to drop you all and play juniors, so it evens the comp up. Sorry but you could probably go to another club (but make sure it is a weak one so you dont get dropped again). And we cant give you a game in district Bs because we already have a side in there.
You lavy 3rds go and play seconds,dont worry about the seconds you already have they will understand.
Fair dinkum what are you on "Big Guy"

Hi Warnie,

I think the point that was trying to be made was that there are a couple of players in a few of the C grade teams that are simply far too good to be playing thirds and are playing thirds by choice rather than selection.

But hey if guys want to go out every week and score 70+ (check out last year stats they dont lie) against school kids, then good luck to them.

I've heard that C Grade will be split into C and D Grade, which in theory should even things out a bit. (Top half remain C, bottom half become D).
C Grade is filled with guys who play there for a wide variety of reasons. CAW doesn't need to step in and legislate against this, they only need to set up the structure then its up to the clubs on how they fill these sides and who with.

RumPig;366251 said:
I've heard that C Grade will be split into C and D Grade, which in theory should even things out a bit. (Top half remain C, bottom half become D).
C Grade is filled with guys who play there for a wide variety of reasons. CAW doesn't need to step in and legislate against this, they only need to set up the structure then its up to the clubs on how they fill these sides and who with.

The 3rd grade is the only grade that plays onedayers a lot of these guys wouldnt be playing at all if not for the chance to play onedayers a lot cant comitt for two weeks in a row due to work ,family etc.

am thinking restall adds alot to patties already strong batting line up, and maybe helped lure a few recruits. have heard a decent bat from the eagles is keen to jump ship aswell. anyone heard this one?

st pats should go alright eagles to have good season dederang to be better than what people think woody to have big year and play rep nth dont need bowlers if they make 300 plus each week sorry albury but i think the hole is too deep for you as a club good luck to all and lets get ready to rumblllllllle

how bout some ladder predictions for upcoming season?
il get it started.
nth albury
stpats
wodonga
belvoir
lavington
tallangatta
east albury
dederang
yack
albury

left armers rule;366201 said:
Hi Warnie,

I think the point that was trying to be made was that there are a couple of players in a few of the C grade teams that are simply far too good to be playing thirds and are playing thirds by choice rather than selection.

But hey if guys want to go out every week and score 70+ (check out last year stats they dont lie) against school kids, then good luck to them.
Didn't Lavington win 2nd grade as well as 3rds? From the outside it doesn't look like they were weakened in twos much at all... Why punish a team for having good depth?

No that is a fair call, and don't get me wrong my club had a player or two that should not have been playing 3rds and even played a couple of 1st graders that could not commit to both weeks of 1st grade once or twice.

Its just that the gap between 2nds and 3rds is quite substancial and when you play against guys that are clearly far too good for 3rds (regardless of why they are playing there) and you have to chase down totals of 300+, I feel sorry for those teams that are full of young juniors or teams that are there to have some fun without any real talent in their team....thats all! And there is probably no easy solution other then relying on clubs to do the right thing with their selection process.

left armers rule;367117 said:
No that is a fair call, and don't get me wrong my club had a player or two that should not have been playing 3rds and even played a couple of 1st graders that could not commit to both weeks of 1st grade once or twice.

Its just that the gap between 2nds and 3rds is quite substancial and when you play against guys that are clearly far too good for 3rds (regardless of why they are playing there) and you have to chase down totals of 300+, I feel sorry for those teams that are full of young juniors or teams that are there to have some fun without any real talent in their team....thats all! And there is probably no easy solution other then relying on clubs to do the right thing with their selection process.
Can I suggest two third grade divisions?

Personally I don't know much about the standard, or lackthereof, in thirds, but is it time to include a division one and two, or perhaps re-introducing a 4th grade to attempt to rectify these huge talent gaps which apparently exist.

Interesting you brought up the bush league, i think it will be interesting to see if there are players moving around to other clubs, obviously a lot of radiers boys are moving around to the eagles or up to the ranga to keep themselves playing provincial. I will be interested to see what young players make the move from the district comp up to provincial with the addition of Dederang.
In the District comp Dederang were by far the best team last season and covered all disciplines of cricket. Kiewa, Barny/ Chiltern, New City, and Mt Beauty all had moments during the season but it will be interesting to see how they fair when the season starts.
Depending on recurits and departures Mt Beauty has to be favourite as they went to the Grand Final. If these recurits are true, Barny Chiltern could be around the mark they have some talented players, just playing on carpet hurts there bowling attack which has some young up and coming stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back