Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitchieBC

Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Craig Mannagh???.....what's the go are you trying to take the mantle for the oldest playing group off New City and Dederang??:D

Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Ritchie;355040 said:
Craig Mannagh???.....what's the go are you trying to take the mantle for the oldest playing group off New City and Dederang??:D

Mite be an old team but it is a Premiership team!!!!!!!;)

Its Honestly Middo;355071 said:
Mite be an old team but it is a Premiership team!!!!!!!;)

Yer good point but lets see how you go in provincial.....good luck and well done last year, i reckon you will at least beat The Albury CC.

Just on them, how many Junior teams have they got? This club has gotten away without a junior structure for years surely the league has imposed some requirements on them??:confused:

All, we are a club from Geelong which would be looking to possibly play a pre-season game up around the Murray for this coming season. Which would most likely be the second week in September. We would be looking to play at least one game on turf with us also having a second game for our lower grade players to be ideally played against the same club on hard wicket. We play in the premier division in Geelong so would be looking for a competitive hit out. Would be interested in speaking with any club that might be interested in taking this up. Send me a private message if any clubs are interested and we can take it from there.

Ritchie;355165 said:
Yer good point but lets see how you go in provincial.....good luck and well done last year, i reckon you will at least beat The Albury CC.

Just on them, how many Junior teams have they got? This club has gotten away without a junior structure for years surely the league has imposed some requirements on them??:confused:

Sound like a supporter of the raiders who finished last, that is one requirement the league has in place. You finish last you get relegated. sour grapes, hard to swollow wah wah. :(:(:(

Ritchie;355165 said:

Think u will find that there is a change in the constitution and rules this yr about the qualifications for clubs re.teams.
Nothing stated about having any junior teams to be able to play in any of the comps.
Mite b a sign of the times that a lot of kids r starting to play different sports????

Its Honestly Middo;355274 said:
Think u will find that there is a change in the constitution and rules this yr about the qualifications for clubs re.teams.
Nothing stated about having any junior teams to be able to play in any of the comps.
Mite b a sign of the times that a lot of kids r starting to play different sports????

just been having a few beers with restall,he hasnt committed to the titans at all,the only new signing is gilson,they need more then that,restall to pattys,markham is in melb,was speaking to them,and for baz mcdonald,its all full of shit,he knows nothing about helping out,i no someone who works with him,titans trying to bluff there way through,still shit,shoul not be there.

the chief;355289 said:
just been having a few beers with restall,he hasnt committed to the titans at all,the only new signing is gilson,they need more then that,restall to pattys,markham is in melb,was speaking to them,and for baz mcdonald,its all full of shit,he knows nothing about helping out,i no someone who works with him,titans trying to bluff there way through,still shit,shoul not be there.

**** off everyone

Been watching this thread for a long time now, and after reading the border and watching the news on the tele, I reckon you guys should be a bit more positive about the changes at Bilson Park.

They appear to have a new committee with a lot of new faces around the club replacing the one's that been moved on. It isn't easy as committee picking up the pieces of a club , but with the new looking structure, new looking logo and positive attitude they might be able to have a boutique club in the competition.

If we got rid of every club that wasn't the standards of a North Albury or a Lavington the compitition would loose it's diversity. If this happens I guess that we could have each club run it's own C Grade comp with he 5 or so teams they will have.

I think the changes at Bilson are good, we as a cricket community in Albury Wodonga need to support the changes.

Don't forget, there has been quite a few players who have departures from the Titians, and they could be coming to your club or mine.

Its Honestly Middo;355274 said:

Sorry mate i don't agree.
This comp thinks its the best so lets expect the best.
All clubs should have a minimum junior participation placed on them otherwise no go. The CAW cricket community need to promote the sport and lift the playing standard, this will not happen with reliance on a handful of clubs to bring juniors through and then let other clubs (as SS&A have done for years) poach these good juniors when they come of age.
Lets get real and push all the clubs to create good solid junior structures, allowing clubs to participate without juniors is ridiculous. I was talking with Anthony Baker last year (from New City) and he told me they were made to have at least 2 junior sides when they entered and had to give a committment that by their 3rd year they had to have at leat 4 junior sides!! My question is this: Place some requirements to be a part of CAW into the constitution OR make it a part of the affiliation to the league so clubs are aware of what is expected to take part in this competition.....if you don't meet the requirements then don't take part.:)

I hope the patties do get Restall, they are a good club and with a player like him would possibly come right into contention to win the comp.

Good luck to all who are out there recruiting at the moment and remember boys and girls lets all "play nice"!!

So Middo, who is the senior Raiders cricketer you picked up. Only 2 to choose from really, Dixon or Lodding. Given the travel out the Dederang, Im guessing Dixon.
And with the Raiders now officially relegated, it will leave their club in a world of hurt losing their captain & best batsman.

But i like your style Middo, as always, aiming high - never be happy to just participate.

I think we should all calm down and reflect on the ss&a (titans) of old. We need to give them credit where credit is due and they deserve acknowledgement for the way they have turned many a dull Saturday afternoon into an extreme sport.
I mean where would the young cricketers of today be had they not played against ss&a and enjoyed the experience of recieving threats of assault from angry players or drunken relatives on the sidelines not to mention the irreplaceable experience of learning how to play a good length ball on a wet wicket when it hasn't rained in 6 weeks.
It really is good for the game of cricket when the umpire is even to scared to report someone because they know the might get a visitor in their yard that night.
No juniors No cash No players does this sound familiar ????
Yes it does because we have heard it all before, it's time CAW grew some nuts and put them out of their misery.
Just remember you only get out what u put in.... What have they put in???

lindsaygaze;355911 said:
No juniors No cash No players does this sound familiar ???? Yes it does because we have heard it all before, it's time CAW grew some nuts and put them out of their misery.
Just remember you only get out what u put in.... What have they put in???
Well said LG, you can call a shit a rose but at the end of the day it still looks like a shit and smells like one. Unfortunately there are too many mangina's on the CAW board that are all bark and no bite.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RUNOUT;355915 said:
Well said LG, you can call a shit a rose but at the end of the day it still looks like a shit and smells like one. Unfortunately there are too many mangina's on the CAW board that are all bark and no bite.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3 times finalist in border express cup,1 time winner,in the 5 years it has been running,not bad.but thats nothing!!
for lindsaygaze,plenty of money this year,if the umpires are scared of us,why dont they do something dickhead.where not the side from the 80s or 90s,where you probably played or didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good to see raiders go down where they belong and see the bombers come up.
albury for finals easy this year!!

the chief;355984 said:
3 times finalist in border express cup,1 time winner,in the 5 years it has been running,not bad.but thats nothing!!
for lindsaygaze,plenty of money this year,if the umpires are scared of us,why dont they do something dickhead.where not the side from the 80s or 90s,where you probably played or didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

josh fluss to stay at titans,up with the best opening bowlers around.
**** YOU RAIDERS

the chief;355984 said:

Who are the bombers?

the chief;355984 said:

Well Ill start at the start shall I, u won the now defunct border express cup congratulations my pat on the back is in the mail.
Now my next point I think your quote was "if the umpires are scared why don't they do something about it dickhead"........now you are not real smart are you? I hope you are good at lifting heavy things ? The reason they wouldn't report or would retract their reports was because of they were scared of some certain players.
Point number 3 the incedents I reffered to happened say post 2004 so bad luck with this theory mate.
Now everything I have said here doesnt go for everyone who played there lukey restall , the 2 kb boys ,p plummer and co are good lads and lukey obviously one of the best bats in the comp but a few good individual players don't make a good club unfortunately.
Another thing that intrests me is they claim to be a NEW club (3rd name in 3 years) now don't NEW clubs eg. New City have to start in the district comp and EARN their spot like the rangas (well done boys) ???
Last thing is I wouldn't throw rocks in glass houses with slagging off the raiders, ssa weren't that far in front of them form wise last year and at least they had the ticker to field a seconds side in the last game of the year unlike ss and if had to pick I would play raiders any day over them raiders are a good bunch of blokes and always play in the spirit of the game........dont forget how close wodonga came to being in raiders position the year before and came out and put up a good fight in a gf the next year

lindsaygaze;356095 said:
Well Ill start at the start shall I, u won the now defunct border express cup congratulations my pat on the back is in the mail.
Now my next point I think your quote was "if the umpires are scared why don't they do something about it dickhead"........now you are not real smart are you? I hope you are good at lifting heavy things ? The reason they wouldn't report or would retract their reports was because of they were scared of some certain players.
Point number 3 the incedents I reffered to happened say post 2004 so bad luck with this theory mate.
Now everything I have said here doesnt go for everyone who played there lukey restall , the 2 kb boys ,p plummer and co are good lads and lukey obviously one of the best bats in the comp but a few good individual players don't make a good club unfortunately.
Another thing that intrests me is they claim to be a NEW club (3rd name in 3 years) now don't NEW clubs eg. New City have to start in the district comp and EARN their spot like the rangas (well done boys) ???
Last thing is I wouldn't throw rocks in glass houses with slagging off the raiders, ssa weren't that far in front of them form wise last year and at least they had the ticker to field a seconds side in the last game of the year unlike ss and if had to pick I would play raiders any day over them raiders are a good bunch of blokes and always play in the spirit of the game........dont forget how close wodonga came to being in raiders position the year before and came out and put up a good fight in a gf the next year

Hey really good point about the "NEW" club thing.
Surely the team who came runner up (Mt. Beauty) should go into provincial and the "NEW" Albury Cricket Club start their life in district....as per New City.
This would be more beneficial for the Albury Cricket Clubbecause it will give them time to burdoned with competing at the highest level.
I would love to know exactly how many teams the Albury Cricket Club are nominating this year (including juniors) and i urge all other association clubs to let the board know if thewy have concerns about a club competing at our highest level without fielding a full compliment of sides (juniors and seniors).
If the board want to be taken seriously they need to get serious with this mob....good luck to the guys trying to pull this club back together but even they should admit that a stint in district is where they should be!!!!!:eek:

Ritchie;356221 said:
Surely the team who came runner up (Mt. Beauty) should go into provincial and the "NEW" Albury Cricket Club start their life in district....
If the board want to be taken seriously they need to get serious with this mob....good luck to the guys trying to pull this club back together but even they should admit that a stint in district is where they should be!!!!!:eek:

Couldn't disagree any more, the last thing the provincial competition needs is this. Mt Beauty were far from the standard 2 years ago despite having 3 paid imports in their squad. I understand your point that Albury are having their troubles and at times have been unsavoury to play against; but at least (in the years gone) they are capable of being very competitive with every club in the competition.

Titans might be stuggling a little with personell, but would be no different if they were put back to district. The first grade team has several players good enough to ensure they'll continue to be very competitive, Mt Beauty simply don't, nor do Yackandandah for that matter and time will tell for Dederang.

Lots of people had doubts when the associations merged that the former 8 team ABCA would become a weaker standard and in my opinion 2 years down and its beginning to show.

The only way sides coming up are going to be competitive (with the exception of belvoir) is by recruiting from other provincial clubs (which in turn makes these clubs weaker) or by importing from overseas. This was a concern at the beginning and its already beginning to show. Nobody can blame Dederang, Mt Beauty, New city or whoever for recruiting from Prov clubs because it is in their best interests as a club, but surely everyone is beginning to notice that the only way these sides are going to improve is at the detriment of the other clubs!

You say 'if the board want to be taken seriously' with a bit of a fast tongue, I believe in the current board led by MJ , who steps on toes but always does what he believes is right for everyone. If I had my way though I'd see us back to an 8 team comp, I just doubt there is enough talent to evenly spread around for 10 teams with 11 cricketers good enough to make the standard the best in regional victoria, which is where we should be.

RumPig;352018 said:
Here's an idea, the comp should be divided up into 5 divisions.
Div. 1 is the "old" Prov. A
Div.2 is District A
Div.3 is Prov. B
Div. 4 is District B
Div. 5 is C Grade combined

One up, one down promotion/relegation and if a club manages to have 2 teams in the same Division then good luck to them.
Div. 5 is the one day comp. - no promotion unless the team that finishes 1st wants to enter Div. 4 in a two day capacity.
No relegation from Div. 4., unless a Div. 5 team applies for promotion.
Each Division must have an even number of teams entered and a committment must be given before the draw is announced that each team will be represented in each week of play (No Forfeits), or a fine system should be introduced for each week forfeited by that team.
The top 8 teams from Provincial A form Div. 1, with the bottom two starting in Div. 2 if there is to be potentially just 6 District A teams.

Any thoughts?

Bump!
A total re-structuring of the comp is required to breath fresh air into the merge. Some Prov B Grade teams would walk through some District A Grade teams at the moment. This is merely a concept for consideration, as opposed to flogging what could possibly be a "dead horse".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back